3D printed bey tournaments

(Jun. 14, 2018  5:56 PM)K1D Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2018  10:40 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: Also we need to think about mfb and plastics

Yeeeahhhhhh, no.
Mfb would have limited customizability, and most ppl dont have a weight disk

So burst only?
(Jun. 15, 2018  12:58 AM)Maximum beys Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2018  5:56 PM)K1D Wrote: Yeeeahhhhhh, no.
Mfb would have limited customizability, and most ppl dont have a weight disk

So burst only?

Yessiree
What about HMs and plastics?
(Jun. 16, 2018  11:50 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: What about HMs and plastics?

Same logic
(Jun. 16, 2018  2:00 PM)K1D Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2018  11:50 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: What about HMs and plastics?

Same logic

ok thanks K1D
Does anyone know about how many people make 3D printed beys on the WBO?
(Jun. 18, 2018  7:08 AM)Maximum beys Wrote: Does anyone know about how many people make 3D printed beys on the WBO?

A fairly large amount  m8
I would come I have an idea for a 3d printed beyblade named phantom crusher 10 dash
Okey this thread is getting off topic. What if we just do a tourney by ourselves. To prove that it could be done.
(Jun. 25, 2018  5:14 PM)K1D Wrote: Okey this thread is getting off topic. What if we just do a tourney by ourselves. To prove that it could be done.
YUP, AND results can be posted as we do, but here only
Sooo. Are we having a tourney or nah?
If we do we could do it im oklahoma. Its the center of the U.S.
We'd also need rules, and to make it easier I could make a discord server to make communication easier
(Jun. 25, 2018  5:19 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2018  5:14 PM)K1D Wrote: Okey this thread is getting off topic. What if we just do a tourney by ourselves. To prove that it could be done.
YUP, AND results can be posted as we do, but here only

Not just results. Post pictures of all the custom parts entered for future reference, both for other designers and the potential rules committee.

Also, I would like to suggest an old rule from the plastic era: If a beyblade breaks in battle, it counts as an entire round loss, not just a game loss.
This would help to disincentivise fragile and dangerous designs.
(Jun. 30, 2018  11:42 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2018  5:19 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: YUP, AND results can be posted as we do, but here only

Not just results. Post pictures of all the custom parts entered for future reference, both for other designers and the potential rules committee.

Also, I would like to suggest an old rule from the plastic era: If a beyblade breaks in battle, it counts as an entire round loss, not just a game loss.

But what about metal? I'm currently working on a dragoon msuv for burst. WITH metal. That could cause breaks. I think the break rule would be cool. But it might ca use breaker combos, combos made to break.
I would so be down......if I had a 3d printing machine
(Jun. 30, 2018  5:34 PM)LdillyDaSilly Wrote: I would so be down......if I had a 3d printing machine

U could use an onine 3d printing service
I think it's an amazing idea because you would actually be your own blader with your own bey having less chance of people having your exact same beyblade but there is some set backs but other than that I like the idea
(Jun. 30, 2018  5:37 PM)K1D Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  5:34 PM)LdillyDaSilly Wrote: I would so be down......if I had a 3d printing machine

U could use an onine 3d printing service

True
(Jun. 30, 2018  5:33 PM)K1D Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  11:42 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Not just results. Post pictures of all the custom parts entered for future reference, both for other designers and the potential rules committee.

But what about metal? I'm currently working on a dragoon msuv for burst. WITH metal. That could cause breaks. I think the break rule would be cool. But it might ca use breaker combos, combos made to break.

It could well incentivise such designs but the very nature of the format does so anyway, since broken beys are more expensive and much harder to replace on the fly.
Add to that the fact that breaker combos are likely to be either fragile themselves or highly weighty and I think they're going to be problematic no matter your ruleset. I'd rather we keep an eye on them and keep them safe via design regulations.

And do keep in mind that it's not just whether something breaks that determines the danger. A stationary Dragon Saucer (Dragoon G Sub-AR) grinding up against an opponent and a huge hit from a Blitz (Unicorno) type blunt force attacker could both potentially shatter an opponent but one's going to send the pieces a lot further. The chance of breakage and the momentums involved during are both important.

As for metal more generally, I believe that all materials that aren't dangerously brittle (eg glass) or prone to sparking (eg flint) should be allowed. Heavier and less flexible ones like metal need restrictions for both game balance and safety but should not be banned without good reason. We are, after all, looking to promote innovation as much as is reasonably viable.
I think that this idea is awesome. Now that 3D printing is slowly, but steadily, becoming more a part of our life’s and the future.

People were asking for another format for Burst by using Basic and Dual layer beys which some might argue about but making a different for 3D printed beys is very reasonable...

Also, with this, we won’t need to rely on TT to create beys for us(or Hasbro). This will really ignite a spark in creative minds.

You know why people like Beyblade more than a random top? It’s customisation... At least for me, that’s the difference between a regular top and a bey... 3D printing will take this to a whole, entire new level.

Now I know that this will be valid to a very less audience for now as 3D printing is still not a very common thing... And people like @[CrazyAries] will get a HUGE head start on this... But we need somewhere to start...
Aight. I'm making a discord for this. https://discord.gg/J6ec3RQ
(Jul. 04, 2018  7:37 PM)K1D Wrote: Aight. I'm making a discord for this. https://discord.gg/J6ec3RQ

sounds awsome, thz K1D
I hope this does not count as necrobumping, but I have some very good news. I was doing a poll on my YT channel a few hours ago and I let people vote if they would like 3D printed Beyblade Burst Tournaments in a Decagone BeyStadium and the results were incredible as we got over 150 votes within 7 hours: 92% voted for 'YES', 7% voted for 'maybe' and 1% voted for 'not interested'. Here is the link to my community tab: https://www.youtube.com/user/TurboLibra1..._polymer=1

I wrote this short proposal in my community tab:
Hello guys, Zera here! ☺
Since a lot of Bladers from around the world are now making their own 3D printed Beyblade, including myself, I want to ask you guys if you would like a WBO (World Beyblade Organization) anime format. Just imagine everyone having their own Layer and Bey and battling in an anime stadium. ? So, here are some prototype rules I just came up with:
- no 100%-round layers
- no layers that weigh over 65 gram
- no 3Dprinted/homemade drivers that weigh over 15g or have bearings
- no unofficial disks
- no metal frames
- no parts that can potentially damage other beys
- every bey has to be checked by the WBO staff (per proof photos with a name tag) before being allowed for use in tournaments
- the anime stadium will be a Decagone Stadium (they are affordable and extremly sturdy)

I really think this could bring many more new as well as old Bladers (back) into this hobby and also help to keep Beyblade and the interest in it alive.
(Sep. 24, 2018  5:35 PM)TL14 Wrote: Since a lot of Bladers from around the world are now making their own 3D printed Beyblade, including myself, I want to ask you guys if you would like a WBO (World Beyblade Organization) anime format. Just imagine everyone having their own Layer and Bey and battling in an anime stadium. ? So, here are some prototype rules I just came up with:
- no 100%-round layers
- no layers that weigh over 65 gram
- no 3Dprinted/homemade drivers that weigh over 15g or have bearings
- no unofficial disks
- no metal frames
- no parts that can potentially damage other beys
- every bey has to be checked by the WBO staff (per proof photos with a name tag) before being allowed for use in tournaments
- the anime stadium will be a Decagone Stadium (they are affordable and extremly sturdy)
This sounds kind of interesting. However I think the roundness levels need to be more specified. I'm seeing people with two 0.5 mm dents in their layers.