[3D Printing]  HMS 3D Printed Metal Remakes

(Feb. 05, 2021  6:47 PM)●Archer● Wrote: And we will also be able to buy parts separately? Like just one AR or a RC?

Certainly for most parts, replacement cores seems to be most requested. Will be going on eBay and my website once I'm happy the parts do what they should do.

(Feb. 05, 2021  6:54 PM)8BitNation Wrote: How cool would it be if there was a Magna Core RC or a Metal Weight one paired with a Metal Bit Protector. Imagine the extra power out of the top.

I did a quick mock up of some easy to obtain steel parts and estimate a running core could get up to 9-10g quite easily and stay true to the original shape. Add a steel ball for the tip and would be a little higher. I would feel the cost of implementing a steel Bit Protector and likely having to change the design away from the 2x tabs would be pretty steep in return for the size of the parts when done in low volumes. Not impossible, just likely expensive.

(Feb. 07, 2021  10:49 PM)TidalBlue Wrote: Not sure if you'd be interested in collaborating but I have quite a few rare beys I'd be interested in duplicating for the public. Do you use SolidWorks?

I'm all for opportunities, drop me a message with your thoughts Smile . I used to use Solidworks but moved on to Fusion 360, both good softwares with their own merits.

I finally geared myself up to start the 3D models on the attack rings and here is a complete remaster of Strata Dragoon MS. I felt this attack ring was quite detailed so would get this one done first whilst waiting for my sample parts (hope to have them next week as the printing tracking shows most of the parts are ready) . I have a little extra detail that is found on the stickers of the text to replicate as this will be embedded in the plastic in case stickers aren't applied.

Generally this is heavier than the original due to it's material density being higher and arears being made stronger so will pack more of a punch than the original. I've started getting part listings up on my website ready for when I'm happy to release them.

[Image: CfSEg5mI4lp_OdsOIPdDbwFqPj94WCvw5knT2oop...t2lA=w2400]

[Image: cUavwMI-7NnzvZAKCZ1ZocGZt1wbD8jIHAteXxc5...cKIs=w2400]
(Feb. 11, 2021  9:29 PM)lowen93 Wrote:
(Feb. 05, 2021  6:47 PM)●Archer● Wrote: And we will also be able to buy parts separately? Like just one AR or a RC?

Certainly for most parts, replacement cores seems to be most requested. Will be going on eBay and my website once I'm happy the parts do what they should do.

(Feb. 05, 2021  6:54 PM)8BitNation Wrote: How cool would it be if there was a Magna Core RC or a Metal Weight one paired with a Metal Bit Protector. Imagine the extra power out of the top.

I did a quick mock up of some easy to obtain steel parts and estimate a running core could get up to 9-10g quite easily and stay true to the original shape. Add a steel ball for the tip and would be a little higher. I would feel the cost of implementing a steel Bit Protector and likely having to change the design away from the 2x tabs would be pretty steep in return for the size of the parts when done in low volumes. Not impossible, just likely expensive.

(Feb. 07, 2021  10:49 PM)TidalBlue Wrote: Not sure if you'd be interested in collaborating but I have quite a few rare beys I'd be interested in duplicating for the public. Do you use SolidWorks?

I'm all for opportunities, drop me a message with your thoughts Smile . I used to use Solidworks but moved on to Fusion 360, both good softwares with their own merits.

I finally geared myself up to start the 3D models on the attack rings and here is a complete remaster of Strata Dragoon MS. I felt this attack ring was quite detailed so would get this one done first whilst waiting for my sample parts (hope to have them next week as the printing tracking shows most of the parts are ready) . I have a little extra detail that is found on the stickers of the text to replicate as this will be embedded in the plastic in case stickers aren't applied.

Generally this is heavier than the original due to it's material density being higher and arears being made stronger so will pack more of a punch than the original. I've started getting part listings up on my website ready for when I'm happy to release them.

[Image: CfSEg5mI4lp_OdsOIPdDbwFqPj94WCvw5knT2oop...t2lA=w2400]

[Image: cUavwMI-7NnzvZAKCZ1ZocGZt1wbD8jIHAteXxc5...cKIs=w2400]
That’s great look forward to it. There’s not much else to improve on besides what i mentioned. But don’t mind getting the 1to1 replica’s even if they don’t have reinforcements, just to see how tough steel really is. Your doing a great job. Just replicate as many as you can. I would love Bloody Devil MS and Dragoon MF one day without breaking the bank. Also i think you should try offering this internationally maybe through service sites. As i’m sure there are many fans around the world that want these. Also do can you replicate Dragoon Storm’s attack ring. I would like a Gold one. The ones from Sono Kong feel so cheap and fragile. The whole Sono Kong Blade Breaker Gold set have no reinforcements like the Hasbro and Takara versions. And they also released them lot later during the G Revolution season. Look forward pushing those steel parts to their limits one day. See how it would do against heavier Beyblades.
After many months of hard work my Kickstarter is now live!

Check it out here!

I am offering Strata Dragoon MS, Driger MS, Dragoon MS, Dragoon MSUV and Dranzer MS remasters at a great price!
I have now completed the designs for Dragoon MS, you can see some pictures of it below and some links how to get hold of one

[Image: CKIfrrLlr_dip8FEY9XfNiRWFLVIhfCmy7jTbyBr...wS84=w2400]
[Image: xyhuiePivvYdcQn9AHJPGOHlLiPv0MAPNAIIaR0p...zk-M=w2400]
I have also completed Dragoon MSUV.

Here are some pictures.

[Image: N9AhAAu17Pyg4ehNTedGgbSPb6zHADBThFdIolu3...kD8w=w2400][Image: nJ2JON-PBT4iEQf6exPnq2XbVXVmzeoknByxy6HI...qUKg=w2400]
(Mar. 22, 2021  8:19 PM)lowen93 Wrote: I have also completed Dragoon MSUV.

Here are some pictures.

[Image: N9AhAAu17Pyg4ehNTedGgbSPb6zHADBThFdIolu3...kD8w=w2400][Image: nJ2JON-PBT4iEQf6exPnq2XbVXVmzeoknByxy6HI...qUKg=w2400]

they look real nice

(May. 01, 2021  5:58 AM)Attila Wrote:

Here are some pictures.

they look real nice! good job
Would it be possible to 3d print a rev up launcher?
What happened to lowen? I dont see any of his products anymore on ebay…
Shame, i was about to buy some stuff from him
(Aug. 11, 2021  12:42 AM)Attila Wrote: What happened to lowen? I dont see any of his products anymore on ebay…
Shame, i was about to buy some stuff from him

I have the same question it seems like he just vanished, I hope everything is all right with him.
Just found out about this interesting project, but I guess a bit too late.

I was wondering if parts could be printed with even higher resolution (both metal and plastic) and what would be potential the end price of "high end" complete bey?

Even though price is major element, printing services like Shapeways offers range of different materials and printing resolutions. I would really like to see (and own) one made with best 3D printing technology available, because HMS (to me at least) had best balance of performance, customizability, ease of use and overall looks. It's modern simplistic design with a dash of retro look (especially string winder) and a hefty punch sadly was never reproduced with never generations. I solute to whoever designed the system in the first place.

Too bad materials were poor, but then again, it had to be affordable to the kids. Cast metals and repeated high stress are never a good combination, so this project would definitely improve on this major "flaw" and push the system to it's limits.
(Feb. 02, 2021  1:42 AM)8BitNation Wrote: Wow, keep doing what you're doing. This is what i'm interested in but my concern is the quality of the plastic. Can you make it look factory? I do not like the grainy rough-textured matt finish of most 3d print jobs, but on cad, it looks beautiful. If you can make it look polished like that of factory parts. Then i'm all in.

Don't know what his printing method is, but parts can be smoothened to some extent with solvents. Here's a video about one method on how to do it:

After smoothing out the 3D printed "prototype" parts, maybe he should make a silicone mold and cast larger quantities of the same in resin to reduce the cost (I presume). Don't know about mechanical properties of resins, but it could be investigated is it on par with ABS.
Do you share the .stl files themselves or do we have to buy the physical product from you?
(May. 01, 2021  5:58 AM)Attila Wrote:

Here are some pictures.

Looks better than the original. Hopefully in time they can be printed without the grain. 

they look real nice

(May. 01, 2021  5:58 AM)Attila Wrote: they look real nice! good job

(Aug. 26, 2021  10:11 AM)model850 Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2021  1:42 AM)8BitNation Wrote: Wow, keep doing what you're doing. This is what i'm interested in but my concern is the quality of the plastic. Can you make it look factory? I do not like the grainy rough-textured matt finish of most 3d print jobs, but on cad, it looks beautiful. If you can make it look polished like that of factory parts. Then i'm all in.

Don't know what his printing method is, but parts can be smoothened to some extent with solvents. Here's a video about one method on how to do it:

After smoothing out the 3D printed "prototype" parts, maybe he should make a silicone mold and cast larger quantities of the same in resin to reduce the cost (I presume). Don't know about mechanical properties of resins, but it could be investigated is it on par with ABS.

Nice, plastic should be somewhat easy to smooth out. But with metal parts like HMS and MFB parts. I’m not sure how that can be smoothed.
(Aug. 28, 2021  10:24 PM)8BitNation Wrote: Nice, plastic should be somewhat easy to smooth out. But with metal parts like HMS and MFB parts. I’m not sure how that can be smoothed.

I'm not sure if there is any "easy" process that could be implemented. Metals are hard to work with so any polishing method needs either sanding or wheel polishing or both (as shown here: https://hawkridgesys.com/blog/the-secret...like-a-pro ).

Beyblade parts are relatively small so maybe they don't need that much work, but then again, details on them are even smaller so they could be tricky to polish evenly.
(Aug. 29, 2021  9:15 AM)model850 Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2021  10:24 PM)8BitNation Wrote: Nice, plastic should be somewhat easy to smooth out. But with metal parts like HMS and MFB parts. I’m not sure how that can be smoothed.

I'm not sure if there is any "easy" process that could be implemented. Metals are hard to work with so any polishing method needs either sanding or wheel polishing or both (as shown here: https://hawkridgesys.com/blog/the-secret...like-a-pro ).

Beyblade parts are relatively small so maybe they don't need that much work, but then again, details on them are even smaller so they could be tricky to polish evenly.
 Do you think Dremal would be the better tool to use. It is a smaller tool afterall.
(Aug. 29, 2021  12:29 PM)8BitNation Wrote: Do you think Dremal would be the better tool to use. It is a smaller tool afterall.

It probably would be since it can reach tight spaces. Also, chooseing the right brushing bit can be crucial so it doesn't remove too much material too fast.

Until somebody tries it out it all just a guess. Too bad we don't have any feedback from lowen93 since he has some experience.