3D Printed Layer

I decided to see if I can design my own layers for Burst. Here is my first prototype, it's kind of bare and simple but I wanted to make sure everything fit.

[Image: ULap9Go.jpg]
[Image: SaC263B.jpg]
[Image: ouDuxsU.jpg?1]
[Image: tqWUrgj.jpg]

I got it printed at Shapeways, since they can do it more accurately than with hobbyist 3D printers at home. It came out great for under $5.

I did make some mistakes, though. I didn't make the circular slots narrow down at the end, so it falls off the launcher too easily. Also the center needs some solid bits in order to push the pin that triggers the beylogger.

Now that I know it mostly fits, I think I'll work on some better looking custom designs!
This is really cool! What material is it printed out of?
Dead serious what type of file did u use cuz i wanna use that as a basis for modeling layers myself
This is pretty cool! This might interest @[Manicben] actually, as he's been looking at 3D Printing some Beyblade gear, haha.

As Trainiac has already asked, what material are you using for this? And while the Bey does fall off of a launcher, is the Bey itself holding onto that custom Layer nicely?
I just saw the teeth: I thought for sure you would have used Hasbro's model instead hah.

Cool project for sure. I will just move this topic to the Your Creations forum, where other similar projects belong.
That's awesome. I would so like to try this kind of stuff myself.

This would also be a great way to see if certain layer designs are actually good since a lot of them are ruined by bad teeth, if this is used to recreate those layers but with better teeth then we would be able to see how good the design itself is.
What I'd like to see is the old Burning Kerberous AR remade. Think how much more effective the three angles gimmick could be when every opposing bey matches it in height. Think how interestingly it could combo with the Qs.
This is nice! Looking forward to any other updates about this. Smile
Beyduino Wrote:I got it printed at Shapeways, since they can do it more accurately than with hobbyist 3D printers at home. It came out great for under $5.

Thanks for the link @[~Mana~]. This looks pretty cool and the quote above is exactly why I haven't dived into the world of printing layers yet. Plus in the long run, Shapeways gets way too expensive.

My main worries are the teeth and their durability. This of course depends on the material used, which of course means higher cost for better layer teeth. Once the layer gets more complicated, more problems arise (even TT layers are breaking, very sad to see).

Nevertheless, I'll be watching out for updates on this. I would love to see what you come up with!
By the way, can you upload test videos of your work?
I too would like to see the file. I definitely want to see if I can do something with it.
Wow that's so cool man! Make more when you have time.
I never realized how thick the layers are, with the correct kind of plastic or resin you could some insanely strong layers.

The base layer design looks very promising. Sorry to hear that it did not work out the way you wanted it to, small modifications should make it work just fine though.
looks awesome and my question is is it very good?
(Dec. 15, 2016  7:41 PM)Beyduino Wrote: I decided to see if I can design my own layers for Burst. Here is my first prototype, it's kind of bare and simple but I wanted to make sure everything fit.

I got it printed at Shapeways, since they can do it more accurately than with hobbyist 3D printers at home. It came out great for under $5.

I did make some mistakes, though. I didn't make the circular slots narrow down at the end, so it falls off the launcher too easily. Also the center needs some solid bits in order to push the pin that triggers the beylogger.

Now that I know it mostly fits, I think I'll work on some better looking custom designs!

Can you please put the file download so other people can use this too?
(May. 23, 2017  5:07 PM)Mr.Turtle Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2016  7:41 PM)Beyduino Wrote: I decided to see if I can design my own layers for Burst. Here is my first prototype, it's kind of bare and simple but I wanted to make sure everything fit.

Yeah it would be amazing to put the file out.
Just recently found this, if the creator of the model has an issue with me uploading this let me know and i'll take it down
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2741567
it clicks well?

if it is can you send te file i made a layer design and i didnt made the clicking mech
N I think these designs can be more like layers by locating click system as a different unit than contact part
(Feb. 17, 2018  10:41 AM)gryffn Wrote: Just recently found this, if the creator of the model  has an issue with me uploading this let me know and i'll take it down

Yeeaaahhhh, that's not it. But here is my dragoon S layer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2843747
And a layer template: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2832731
Could you make unique custom layers from a description?
(Mar. 29, 2018  4:40 AM)K1D Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2018  10:41 AM)gryffn Wrote: Just recently found this, if the creator of the model  has an issue with me uploading this let me know and i'll take it down

Yeeaaahhhh, that's not it. But here is my dragoon S layer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2843747
And a layer template: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2832731

Thanks! Grin now i can finally improve my venus flytrap beyblade model!
(May. 23, 2017  5:07 PM)Mr.Turtle Actually I am little confused in the Teeths like how can we make teeth for our bey ? Wrote:

3D layers are awesome actually I just got confused on teeths that how can we make teeth