35,000 RPM Launcher

Have you ever wondered how fast a beyblade could actually be launched? I know I have, but I've never had the time or tools to find out - until now that is.

Ol' Tyson in the anime manages to get his dragoon to "four times the normal spin", so to start with, that's gioing to be my goal to see if it's actually possible without some kind of violent self-destructing - Kinda like mybusting, beyblade style. Smile

My dremel 300 has an alleged top speed of a little over 34,000 RPM, but I have no idea how much quicker (if at all) that is to a standard manual launch - Is there anybody out there who knows what a fairly average plastic beyblade racks up in revs-per-minute? Need to know wether this thing's going to need some safety shielding or a gearbox Wink

Also, if you've read this far, does anybody know if something like this has ever been attempted before? I've trawled all over google, but no luck s'far - hopefully no record of death-by-exploding-beyblade can only be a good thing. I'll keep this thread updated with work in progress shots whenever I can, but for now, here's a snap of test subject A...

[Image: doc%20emel2.jpg]
put this in your creations section..go to home page and scroll down
I think it would be cool to try this out. Plus you gotta remember that Tyson has a EG. So to make it more accurate you should use a Dragoon G. But I think this is plausible.
34,000 RPM! According to Mythbusters, that can break a CD!
(Dec. 26, 2010  7:16 AM)PoisonSerpent75 Wrote: 34,000 RPM! According to Mythbusters, that can break a CD!

Yeah a flimsy CD, in a D-Drive. This is plastic and metal together free spinning. Plus Beys don't start deforming when they go that fast.
It has been attmpted, but interesting results...

ITS WAY OVER 9000!
(Dec. 26, 2010  7:42 AM)littlechipz Wrote: It has been attmpted, but interesting results...

ITS WAY OVER 9000!

WHAT'S THE RPM'S ON THAT BEY?!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!

never knew a little toy could do that... Especially human powered. Try launching a Bey with a Wind & Shoot Launcher. Like to so that.
I just launched a bey at 37000 RPM and it made a dent on my wall!!!!!! OMG!!!!

Heres how you do it:
Get a bey launcher
Open it
Take out the normal gear and the string
Put a gear in it and add some wires in it to make it spin when you press the button
Press the button
It will be spinning faster than before
erm... im just curious... how exactly are you able to measure the rpm of a beyblade that's er like moving around and such... the only thing i know of that can do that is this thing that nasa has, but erm that costs a carp load... *glances around*
Been hoping to get a cheap laser tachometer for it, then with the advanced properties of some flouresent tape I should be able to get it pretty accurate. I can go from 5000 to 35000 RPM with my dremel, so I'll slowly go up by 500 a time until I hit a maximum stable sort of (plus 9000) speed Smile
er, can you make a video?
I think the average max speed of a manual launch is less than 5000 RPM, good luck Joyful_2