2012: General Resolutions Thread

-To get all the Metal Fight Beyblades in the world!
-Better presents on my birtday coming in a few days
-Like what Okiblaze gave to us, more luck
-Exercise more (1, 2, 3,... That's enough push-ups for the month)
my neyear resolution is to be the the best i can be and to As also to be the best beyblader ever Tongue_out
sorry guys im really bad at typeing , i ment my new years resulution is to be the best i can be and to get all As on my report card also to be the best beyblader Pinching_eyes_2
As the Lenten season comes in, I will be giving up some habits of mine
Facebook
Tumblr
Soda
Junk Food.

Hopefully I can last a whole 40 days without this T.T

What is Lent? (Click to View)

Anyone participating in the Lenten season is encouraged to post what they are giving up, as long as no religious debate or discussion is taking place. This thread will be watched very closely because of this.
My friend gave up hid DS for lent last year. He barely survived it...
It's going to be 1,000,000.0123% harder if your friend gets a 3DS when it comes out lol.
That was last year. I don't know what he'll do this year. He's in love with Pokémon Black, so he probably won't do it again. He might give up computer again. Who knows?
I'm curious, we're a few months in to 2011 now, how are you all doing with your resolutions? Have you stuck to them or have they fallen by the wayside?

Surprisingly enough, I've stuck with mine and even picked up a few more changes I hadn't planned on making.

I've been in touch with multiple counseling agencies over the past week and I'll probably have my first appointment for depression counseling scheduled within the next week or two. It's been scary and nerve-wracking admitting to the problem and attempting to face it, but it feels good to be making steps in the right direction.

I've also had an appointment to see an advisor at my local community college, and I'm currently in the process of applying for student loans and whatnot to return to college this coming spring semester.

Finally, I've made a lot of health-conscious changes to my diet and exercise regimen as well. I've completely given up drinking soda, cold turkey, instead replacing it with water and hot tea. I also walk to the places I need to go, whenever possible, to get in some exercise. Once it warms up a little more outside I plan on going for daily runs, it's just too cold to do it right now.

So, how about you all? How are your resolutions holding up?
I didn't make any. So does that mean I'm doing well???

But I wouldn't mind putting on some weight. I've never gone past that 130 mark.
(Mar. 08, 2011  9:44 PM)Nano Wrote: I didn't make any. So does that mean I'm doing well???

Then clearly I wasn't speaking to you and you had no reason at all to reply to my post other than to further inflate your already ridiculous post count.
(Jan. 03, 2011  6:57 AM)Nano Wrote: I just have a few...
Get better grades in school
get a job
save up $500 for Kumoricon!!!!
Get a life....
That's all I got. Just simple things.

Found mine!

I'm getting better grades now
Don't have a job yet
I have 74¢
Still don't have a life...

New goal: Gain 10 pounds in muscle! I'm just skin and bones.
My resolution was to cut back on drinking. It's holding up so far. Im too poor to go out anyway cause i spend all my money on beyblades.
I'm glad too see that you're on the right track, Roan.

As for my resolutions, I don't really think I've been following them, really. I've spent more time with my family, but I'm still staying on the computer. I haven't really read anything either, except for stuff for class.
Okay, I'm going to revive this thread since 2012 is coming.

First off, every morning when I wake up, I'm going to do a certain number of pushups and then get ready for my day because I really want to get stronger and doing that would be a good way to get started since I could be too busy to go to the weight room after school.

Be more social, without Facebook. I'm in high school now and I have a huge opportunity to make new friends. I made a lot but I just somehow hesitate and stutter and mess up whenever I start a conversation, so I'm going to fix that by trying more so that I have enough experience.
Here's mine I guess:

Loose weight and gain muscle: I currently weigh around 13 and a half stone. This is mainly due to me being awful at sport and general laziness. However now that I have to cycle to where I go to school that helps a lot. I'm also going on a diet.

Be more social: I'm a very independent person and I prefer to be on my own. I'm trying to seek out new friendships and to maintain them. I should probably try and see a counsellor or something like that too since my lack of self esteem normally gets in the way of me making friends.

Get a Job: I've been trying in the last few months to do this. I've never had one and finding one is seeming slightly hopeless but I need to persevere in order to get one and not be demoralised by failure and give up.

Try harder at school: I'm at uni now and I need to shake off my lazy work attitude in order to achieve. I also need to try and stop procrastinating(I have several thing due in after the holidays which i've bearly started)
Here mine are:

- Get fitter and put on a bit more muscle. (I'm already pretty fit and have adequate muscles but I can do better)

- Eat less junk food. I ate so much carp this year and it wasn't good.

- Focus harder in school, I didn't get amazing grades, I truly want to get good grades.

- Become organized.1
Alrighty:

-Keep my straight A's. Part of the incentive is that my dad will take me to a really fancy steak place if I get straight A's all year, but I want to keep doing well.

-Keep myself more fit. I don't exercise too much, and even though I'm slightly underweight for my height/age, I want to build up a little more strength.

-Become more well-rounded. Currently, I do Boy Scouts and FLL Robotics after school, which leaves barely any time for sports, so I want to find something that works with my schedule.
Some more-than-personal here than others, but whatever....

1) Try to get unpale [I know it isn't a word......]
2) Rekindle any academic skills that might dry out
3) Bandage my current mental state
4) Actually catch up on writing secondary drafts for any writing
Mine-
Even I wish to keep up/improve my academic performance. Smile
I also want to start speaking a bit more(only those who have met me in person would understand what I mean...)
I'd like to grow a bit taller...
I'd also like to improve the condition of my hair. :\
They've been wrecked due to the torture they go through every time; thanks to my school.
Want to get a bit lucky. Eee
For the guys who want to get more fit: Start February 1st. In January there's too much of a "This is my resolution and this is what I should do". Spend the month of January figuring out what you should do (or ask me, haha). Saying "get fit" won't last. Read some books, go to some websites (I can show you some books and websites if you want), talk to some people, and figure out exactly what you're going to do. Think of what you want to be like in three months, not what you want to be like in general. It'll keep you going so you actually get to that three month mark. When you get to two months or so, decide what you want to do in the three months after you've completed the first three months. Keep that going, it's what I do all the time, and what got me into exercise so much in the first place.

January is the fitness industry's biggest time of the year, why not February? Think about it.
My New years resolution is to get in the top 200 in the beyblade ranking system
Am I who will work on mine the full year XD
My new years resolution is.....
-to GET A RANK IN THE TOP 100!!!!

-study hard and get good grades and ace my naplan test!!

-grow a bit taller, so i'll start looking down at people instead of looking up Smile

-Get rid of my asmtha

-get fit

-dance

-Get straight A's

-start eating fruits

-martial arts

EDIT: i want to cause less spam

.....to add on a antique face

-become a known member

-and buy more BEYS!!!
Mine- Maybe to become more useful to the beyblading community, I mean lately I've been of no use whatsoever and I want to become a moderator. unfortuneatly all my knowledge is in B-daman, which I don't think counts towards that. Also I want to do some stuff that helps with the knowledge of beyblade.
first off im gonna lose some weight go to the gym lift some weights and get strong

second collect all the fourze switches get the belt get extenders and be a kamen rider!

Third Work harder in college I wanna get things done

fourth get my dream beys

fifth help around the house more

and lastly keep my room clean ^^
- Tone some muscle
- Learn to pick locks
- Learn to pick pockets
- Count cards and do card tricks
- Learn an instrument

Most of that is for entertainment value. I always lock myself out and picking pockets and card tricks would be cool for a bar (provided you forewarn the other person about picking their pockets). I've got a back problem now, but I think it's from stress so I'm better off just exercising more. As far as the instrument, would be nice to make some quick cash by playing on the subway.
(Jan. 01, 2012  5:04 PM)Deikailo Wrote: - Tone some muscle
- Learn to pick locks
- Learn to pick pockets
- Count cards and do card tricks
- Learn an instrument

Most of that is for entertainment value. I always lock myself out and picking pockets and card tricks would be cool for a bar (provided you forewarn the other person about picking their pockets). I've got a back problem now, but I think it's from stress so I'm better off just exercising more. As far as the instrument, would be nice to make some quick cash by playing on the subway.

I have a lock picking set - the bad news for locking yourself out is that the picks in a small case end up being like twice the size of a set of keys! Smile