WBO Random Thoughts

(May. 03, 2016  1:05 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: Ahh,another one of those threads.

Still,Blader Kenny's "what the hell?" thread is the best. Tongue_out

Well, that thread is...
I wish I never read it...
Tongue_out
@[Shinji] well,what has been seen cannot be unseen Tongue_out

Wait,is the GIF in my sinature rather lagy for anyone else?
(May. 04, 2016  8:57 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: @[Shinji] well,what has been seen cannot be unseen Tongue_out

@[Shido-kun]
Well, that's true...
XD

Yeah, it's laggy for me, too.
(May. 04, 2016  9:07 AM)Shinji Wrote:
(May. 04, 2016  8:57 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: @[Shinji] well,what has been seen cannot be unseen Tongue_out

@[Shido-kun]
Well, that's true...
XD

Yeah, it's laggy for me, too.
Sometimes it's laggy,sometimes it isn't..I wonder if it's because of the size of it?
The gif is definitely laggy for me too, probably because it is simply huge and weirdly resized ?

Also, that yellow truly hurts my eyes, no joke haha.
(May. 04, 2016  12:34 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: The gif is definitely laggy for me too, probably because it is simply huge and weirdly resized ?

Also, that yellow truly hurts my eyes, no joke haha.

GIFs become laggy when they are resized wrong?I made at that size because I thought the non-resized version would be above 500x200 size.

Which one?the text or the energy beam from the GIF?
The yellow text hurts my eyes too hahah. But the gif is not laggy for me.
It seems to be fairly smooth for me, and I tried both a computer and phone.
What about the other one in the spoiler?
(May. 04, 2016  1:14 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: The yellow text hurts my eyes too hahah. But the gif is not laggy for me.

lol same with me. i can't even rerad yellow text on this site [dunno why, maybe i have issue in my eyes]. GIF wasn't laggy for me ethier

(May. 05, 2016  9:38 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: What about the other one in the spoiler?
you mean another spoiler in 1 spoiler?
(May. 05, 2016  9:38 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: What about the other one in the spoiler?

Pretty good Gifs you got there. Is Fate Stay or Zero good? btw it isn't laggy.
I don't know why, but the forum button is still Pegasis (lol). I tried making a Valkyrie sprite that could replace it but I think I did a bad job. I can't do sprite art to save my life.

[Image: f2gNFQf.png]
(May. 18, 2016  10:44 PM)Wizard Wrote: I don't know why, but the forum button is still Pegasis (lol). I tried making a Valkyrie sprite that could replace it but I think I did a bad job. I can't do sprite art to save my life.

[Image: f2gNFQf.png]

And now you know why it's still Pegasis.

(Actually the truth is that it's just not a high priority.)
(May. 18, 2016  10:47 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: And now you know why it's still Pegasis.

Because I'm bad at art? Damn, if you had told me earlier that this had fallen on me I would have tried to push it off on @[Kei] or something. /s
(May. 18, 2016  10:50 PM)Wizard Wrote:
(May. 18, 2016  10:47 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: And now you know why it's still Pegasis.

Because I'm bad at art? Damn, if you had told me earlier that this had fallen on me I would have tried to push it off on @[Kei] or something. /s

Because spritework is hard. Tongue_out
(May. 18, 2016  10:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 18, 2016  10:50 PM)Wizard Wrote:

Because spritework is hard. Tongue_out

I'd like to suggest that the WBO shouldn't use a specific beyblade as the icon. Since evolutions come around often and generations come and go, I'd think something similar to the generic spinning tops found in the current WBO logo could make a suitable replacement that will last for ages.
And also I reckon making the sprites for that will be relatively simple too. Grin
That would be perfect. Either that or Spin Dragoon since it was the first.
The Beys from the logo definitely seem like a good choice actually. Have it blue for new messages, grey for "all read". Also serves as nice eye candy and a reference to the logo Tongue_out
Also, someone offered to create sprites for us, so it is not really a matter of that being a hard task.
Maybe this belongs in Make Your Suggestions or something but:

I don't see how making articles for parts rather than whole beyblades does anything. And yes I read the "explanation". It doesn't particularly change anything from how it used to be. It's just now we have a third of an article sitting in the beywiki project forum instead of a whole proper article.
(May. 31, 2016  12:33 AM)Ultra Wrote: Maybe this belongs in Make Your Suggestions or something but:

I don't see how making articles for parts rather than whole beyblades does anything. And yes I read the "explanation". It doesn't particularly change anything from how it used to be. It's just now we have a third of an article sitting in the beywiki project forum instead of a whole proper article.

It's so that when a part is shared among multiple releases, you can update the text for all Beyblades in one place rather than having to go to each article and update it manually. Not sure how that doesn't change anything.
I think most people are going to look for the whole Beyblade first before looking for individual part articles. I don't think people will Google "Unite Driver" more than "Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite".
Yeah it may be easier, but it definitely doesn't seem the most friendly approach for everyone looking for part info.
(May. 31, 2016  1:25 AM)Neo Wrote: I think most people are going to look for the whole Beyblade first before looking for individual part articles. I don't think people will Google "Unite Driver" more than "Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite".
Yeah it may be easier, but it definitely doesn't seem the most friendly approach for everyone looking for part info.

You misunderstand; once the part article is completed, it can be "embedded" into another article. So the "Storm Spriggan .K.U" article would still contain information about every single part, but that information is being pulled in from other articles in the database. It's more a way of managing data so that if we want to update a single part's information across all articles, we can.
(May. 31, 2016  1:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 31, 2016  1:25 AM)Neo Wrote: I think most people are going to look for the whole Beyblade first before looking for individual part articles. I don't think people will Google "Unite Driver" more than "Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite".

You misunderstand; once the part article is completed, it can be "embedded" into another article. So the "Storm Spriggan .K.U" article would still contain information about every single part, but that information is being pulled in from other articles in the database. It's more a way of managing data so that if we want to update a single part's information across all articles, we can.

I know that, but I think the average Joe would like to see a complete Beyblade article, and not a ton of "part-icles". I think there should be a push to actual write drafts for the other parts to complete the full articles as well.
Oh. Yes, I agree. Sorry, just wanted to make it clear that we're totally aware that the complete Beyblade article is the "main" article.