MF Vari Ares BD145R2F (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS
MF Vari Ares BD145R2F: 15 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS: 5 wins
Vari Ares win percentage: 75%

Vari Ares BD145RF (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS
Vari Ares BD145RF: 14 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS: 6 wins
Vari Ares win percentage: 70%

Despite the first set of results being slightly better, I found the movement of Vari Ares without the MF to be much more favourable.

Vari Ares BD145RF (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS (220 Height)
Vari Ares BD145RF: 13 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 7 wins
2 draws
Vari Ares win percentage: 65%

Vari Ares BD145RF (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS (195 Height)
Vari Ares BD145RF: 9 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 11 wins
Vari Ares win percentage: 45%

Vari Ares BD145RF (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS (170 Height)
Vari Ares BD145RF: 12 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 8 wins
6 draws
Vari Ares win percentage: 60%

As expected, 220 was the easiest height for Vari Ares to KO. It had the most difficulty with 195 ... it's a really weird height for it to hit, I guess. Versus 170 there was KOs/recoil galore, as is evident by the copious amount of draws.

Vari Ares BD145RF (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145MB
Vari Ares BD145RF: 0 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145MB: 10 wins
Vari Ares win percentage: 0%

Completely walled lol.

Vari Ares 90RF (Right Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 100WD
Vari Ares 90RF: 10 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario 100WD 0 wins
Vari Ares win percentage: 100%

Vari Ares has no problems sending Defense Series Bottoms flying; some of the KOs against this and the CS variant below were very impressive.

Vari Ares 90RF (Right Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 100CS
Vari Ares 90RF: 7 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario 100CS: 3 wins

When you push the plastic protrusions inside the Wheel and look at the Smash Attack points on each wing, it seems like it should be ridiculously powerful. However, I haven't tested Lightning L Drago extensively in a while, so it's hard for me to determine whether or not Vari Ares is actually better than it ... at the very least, what I can say–and what these results illustrate–is that it's far from being "bad".

Now that Vari Ares has been tested against some of the basic/common customizations and parts in our metagame, we have a general overview of how it performs. From here, I hope more people can post results against similar customs/parts to help verify my findings as they get their hands on Vari Ares. I won't make any promises, but I'm open to testing against other customs/parts soon if you guys want to make any suggestions. Smile

EDIT:
More Results (Click to View)
Those are very nice results. I'm surprised though that it couldn't get a single win on MF-H Basalt AARO BD145MB.
Then again, that's like the best defense custom I've ever heard of, lol. VS Basalt it seems to have few problems, like a lot of other wheels. But then again, I could just be totally wrong, as I don't even own a Basalt. Thanks for posting these Kei!
Man! So its around average? Not too shabby. Can you test this for me, MF Variares D125RF/ GB145RF/R2F. Both directions also forgot to add MF Variares90MF. Lol thanks Kei!
Whoa, those are great results. VariAres looks like it's lived up to our expectations, thankfully. Smile Even though it got nice results against better combos, could you test it against Hell Kerbecs BD145WD? Just something I thought of while typing this. Tongue_out
why not test againts attack combos, like LLD BD145LRF and MLD CH120XF
Kei, you made a mistake.. just slight:

For all of them, you wrote: MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS, even if the compete-ting bey was not that:

Quote:Vari Ares BD145RF (Left Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145MB
Vari Ares BD145RF: 0 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 10 wins
Vari Ares win percentage: 0%

Completely walled lol.

Vari Ares 90RF (Right Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 100WD
Vari Ares BD145RF: 10 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 0 wins
Vari Ares win percentage: 100%

Vari Ares has no problems sending Defense Series Bottoms flying; some of the KOs against this and the CS variant below were very impressive.

Vari Ares 90RF (Right Spin) vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 100CS
Vari Ares BD145RF: 7 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 3 wins

Anyways, nice results man! I really like it! BD145, once again hails!
Hmm... Very interesting. The results are pretty decent. Can you test Vari Ares/Variares against Basalt BD145MB with S130? (unless you got MB seperately which I highly doubt) Thanks for the tests. I will definitely contribute once I order my Vari Ares/Variares.
(Jul. 20, 2011  2:45 AM)bb gregandcin Wrote: why not test againts attack combos, like LLD BD145LRF and MLD CH120XF

Obviously because Kei is conducting tests to see how an offensive Vari Ares acts, so testing against other Attack types would not prove that much.
Mr. N, and Kei, when I get my Vari this weekend I will try to test!

I will be testing on D125 in replace of S130.

Also, as again, Right Spin is terrible. I wonder how it does on B Cancer, no big diffy, but yeah.
(Jul. 20, 2011  2:54 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Mr. N, and Kei, when I get my Vari this weekend I will try to test!

Also, as again, Right Spin is terrible. I wonder how it does on B Cancer, no big diffy, but yeah.

70% win rate is terrible?
Wow, Vari Ares is doing better than i expected, I think I can do some test after i get mine in the mail.
Kei, could you do comparative tests with Vari Ares GB145RF and Beat Lynx GB145RF against MF-H Basalt BD145CS? Beat has absolutely no trouble with it.
(Jul. 20, 2011  2:49 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Kei, you made a mistake.. just slight:

For all of them, you wrote: MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS, even if the compete-ting bey was not that:

Aha, thank you for pointing that out. It's fixed now. That's what I get for copy + pasting!

And bb gregandcin, I did not do testing versus Attack types because that sort of thing is hard to do fairly when you're solo. MF Meteo L Drago CH120XF is a bit different though, so I can probably test it against that some time.

(Jul. 20, 2011  3:08 AM)Fire Eternal Wrote: Kei, could you do comparative tests with Beat Lynx? It has absolutely no trouble KO'ing MF-H Basalt BD145CS.

No trouble whatsoever? I find that incredibly hard to believe.
Not really. From my tourney experices, if you like launch an attack beyblade a certain way and angle. Its not hard at all. Even Gravity persues doesnt have a problem. Maybe its just you that cant KO it.
I've tried it before, and Beat certainly packs a huge punch when on GB145. The metal from both wheels impact directly.
I didn't know MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS had magically become so easy to KO with just about anything! This is certainly news to me. Speechless
RS is where it gets tough. Do you want video proof?
Heck yah. People need to see proof that MF-H Basalt AquarioBD145CS isnt so scary once they know how to use an attacker and how to beat it. :p Yes please. Im planning to master Vari when mine comes in.
(Jul. 20, 2011  3:20 AM)Fire Eternal Wrote: RS is where it gets tough. Do you want video proof?

Of course it becomes even tougher with RS. I'm not saying it's impossible to KO it, I'm just questioning the notion here that it is "not hard at all" to KO it with basically anything. If that was true, then pure Attack types would be running rampant throughout tournaments.
(Jul. 20, 2011  2:59 AM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2011  2:54 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Mr. N, and Kei, when I get my Vari this weekend I will try to test!

70% win rate is terrible?
Sorta, I think it would be against the low tracker. I mean, I'm pretty sure Left would do better!

Anyways, I wanted H145 tried on this.
You can't just assume, you have to actually find out. In fact, the Left-Spin results are worse. the results show, look for yourself. How can you say "pretty sure' when you are wrong? I might be reading wrong, but the Left-Spin rates look lower than Right-Spin.
The 'sword' of Vari ares is working.
Anyway, if it is on Defense combo,
Will its 'Shield' work?
For Gravity, right does much worse against non-rubber based combos.

Much better, as you can imagine, there is a lot more collision with the same spin making contact.
I'm pretty sure it should be the same case with Vari.
(Jul. 20, 2011  4:57 AM)Meteo L-Alchemy Wrote: You can't just assume, you have to actually find out. In fact, the Left-Spin results are worse. the results show, look for yourself. How can you say "pretty sure' when you are wrong? I might be reading wrong, but the Left-Spin rates look lower than Right-Spin.

You also have to consider what Vari Ares was facing while in right-spin ...

(Jul. 20, 2011  5:12 AM)Meteo LDrago Wrote: The 'sword' of Vari ares is working.
Anyway, if it is on Defense combo,
Will its 'Shield' work?

I was thinking of trying this for fun, actually. I don't think it will work that well though because the plastic protrusions don't come out until it is at a low spin velocity, and at that point, it's Stamina would still be much worse than what Basalt's would be.
How does this do with another track like S130 or GB145 , to me this seems average since LLD/LDD seem to do better from my tests. And were there any KO's at low rotation speed?