TheLibraKing's Photography Contest! [successfully finished]

Poll: Should I do more contests?

Yeah, this is Boss Smile
95.00%
No, they're just lame...
5.00%
Total: 100% 20 vote(s)
(Feb. 15, 2014  8:22 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: When editting there is an effect that can be used to create those blotches, it happens when blending colors.
Here is what I used.
It's clear that if your using an UI Effects however it will make 2 shots 1 is the Orginal and 2nd shot is the effect which is just added in as what effect you want.

But since he did not "Edit" his photos the camera did it it self. Most Cameras, Phones have an B&W or something else option in the setting. If we took a picture a bey outside but somehow there's a sun glare in the lens in some cases people may think that is edited but it was naturally from the sun.
(Feb. 15, 2014  7:00 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Also, the eliminated people are obviously MidnightLWBO and Aquamarine since they didnt turn in their pics.
Blargh. I totally forgot about posting my entry. I already knew what I was going to do, but I forgot to post it here. Sorry about that, DRAGON KING. Smile
That's fine. I was thinking of asking you to do that cause I have so much stuff to do.
(Feb. 15, 2014  1:58 AM)Stoney2208 Wrote: Ok here´s a sweet little something for you guys for Valentine´s Day Smile

If I were sarabscientist, I'd be all over this with the kawaii emoticons. xD

Absolutely loved this, great shot!

(Feb. 15, 2014  7:00 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:

Note to everybody that didnt get really good overalls; don't give up! Just use the advice I gave and you'll do better Joyful_3

Woah, man, why you hashin' on all da peeps who took snow-ice themed pics? It's not like anybody had time to copy anybody else if you consider how late most of those entries came in...

Plus, it's winter. You've gotta make do with what you have, lol.

(Feb. 15, 2014  5:32 AM)Nano Wrote: I used my phone for this one (Galaxy S3). There is an option that makes it so you can only see Red/Yellow colors, so I just used that. Threw the Beyblade on top of some wrapping stuff that was on my Valentine's chocolates, and that's really all. No changes were made after taking the picture, not even cropping.

I used the S4 to take my last two entries, which (not sure what it's like on the S3) allows you to adjust various levels of things like gamma and contrast while taking a photo, but I steered clear those functions because I thought they really pushed the context of "alternate modes and adjusted settings."

I liked your use of more conventional photography tricks in the last round (and would even encourage that some members maybe experiment with their cameras settings a bit more) but I wouldn't have used something like a digital color filter in a tournament like this. (Just look at what people've said so far!)

Nice picture, though, it would've been entirely possible to create even without the filter. Tongue_out_wink
As a judge, I should probably post my opinions:

I don't like posting numbers, though.

Angry: I LOVED the color scheme- it was stunning. One of my favorites for both rounds.
Nano: In my opinion, while it was a bit dull, I liked the overall color choices.
Pro Seagull: I liked how it's on ice/frozen(y), but it seems a little dull to me.
Stoney: I really like the idea here, it was executed very nicely- well done.
TheWhiteTiger: I like how the color "worked with" the ice, but the overall image just didn't appeal to me, personally, that much.
Dual: My other favorite of the round. Out of all the snow pictures, this one is by far my favorite. The gold coloring of Dranzer just makes it "pop out" from the white of the snow- I loved it.

Can't wait to see what Round 3 brings us.
(Feb. 15, 2014  9:10 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Nice picture, though, it would've been entirely possible to create even without the filter. Tongue_out_wink
If they made a grey Galaxy Pegasus then it'd be possible, haha. And if they did make one, you would bet I'd be all over it.

EDIT: I stand corrected, guess I forgot about the TT prize ones (Thanks, Angry!)
(Feb. 15, 2014  6:08 AM)Nano Wrote: You can ask sarabscientist about it, since I believe they also have a Galaxy S3.

I don't own any red shiny paper stuff so I tried to use a red bag instead.

The silver stuff on the metal wheel is just where the original paint chipped off. Admittedly, the blotches in your photo do seem a bit odd, but it might have just been the light reflecting off in weird ways because of the background.

(Feb. 15, 2014  9:10 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2014  1:58 AM)Stoney2208 Wrote: Ok here´s a sweet little something for you guys for Valentine´s Day Smile

If I were sarabscientist, I'd be all over this with the kawaii emoticons. xD

This is such a cute shot (ノ´∀`) I really love it (๑°꒵°๑)・*♡
Guys, it's not like I deducted the points becuz of snow, I just mention (probably to many times.) that I didn't like that many snow pics. I'm sorry if It sounded like I deducted points.

As far as Nano's pic, it would be great if the judges (Or anybody else that knowsx what their talking about.) could PM their opinions on if they think its edited or not.
Any setting can be overused. The thing with Beyblades is that you need to get a good angle to bring out the features of the bey. A bland aerial shot just looks like something from Bey-Wiki xD

And trust me, there is a lot you can do if you play around with angles.
I'll let Nano's pic count.
(Feb. 16, 2014  3:46 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I'll let Nano's pic count.

No reason not to. There's no editing at all.
If you really want more proof, I can take the picture again, but without the filter. Then you can see what the areas in question look like due to the light.
(Feb. 16, 2014  4:07 AM)Nano Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2014  3:46 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I'll let Nano's pic count.

No reason not to. There's no editing at all.
If you really want more proof, I can take the picture again, but without the filter. Then you can see what the areas in question look like due to the light.
I cleared that up. Let it slide bud.

Good luck everyone.
(Feb. 15, 2014  2:08 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2014  7:00 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Also, the eliminated people are obviously MidnightLWBO and Aquamarine since they didnt turn in their pics.
Blargh. I totally forgot about posting my entry. I already knew what I was going to do, but I forgot to post it here. Sorry about that, DRAGON KING. Smile
No problamo. I was looking forward to yours though Tongue_out
Sorry for the double post.

The deadline is the day after tommorrow (11:59 CST) and we still don't have even one entry... I hope u guys are still participating Smile
Don´t worry, I will post my entry for 100% sure. I already have a few good shots, but I´m not really satisfied with them and the weather hasn´t been too good the last few days. They say it´ll be quite sunny on Friday, so I´ll try it again then. You´ll have my entry before the deadline. Wink
If you end up being the only entrant ... I guess you win the whole thing by default xD
(Feb. 20, 2014  12:07 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: If you end up being the only entrant ... I guess you win the whole thing by default xD

NO!!! Don't jinx it XD!!!
(Feb. 20, 2014  12:07 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: If you end up being the only entrant ... I guess you win the whole thing by default xD

oh no, hopefully not Unhappy
OMG! I found a treasure! Gasp

The weather was on my side today!
Thats Amazing Stoney Gasp
Thanks a lot, TheLibraKing! Gasp

No really, thanks!Joyful_2

I hope there will be some other entries :\

EDIT: Btw, here´s a short making of (I tried different settings):
Clash of the Dragons!
Sorry for the snow/ice, it's all we've got over here. For some reason I can only put the link, sorry guys.
Edit: Huh, it works now.
Very last minute, and not quite what I wanted, but it's better than nothing (probably): (Click to View)
It's a photo I used for another contest before but I don't have time to get a new one.