Signature Chat ~[Now Hiring Moderators!]~

(Aug. 23, 2011  10:21 PM)Medz Wrote: My signature chat was coded with PHP and MySQL. But here are all the coding languages I know:

PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript, Basic Java, VB, AutoIt, Some C++, DML, GML, AJAX.

And that's pretty much it.

I asked my brother, and he says "You know a lot of languages, but most of them are BS. They're not even real."

Chocked_2 I have no idea what that means, so I'll just say you know a lot and ignore the rest of what he said Wink.
Half of those langauges are minor languages. I'll explain:

VB = Visual basic (Well thats quite big actually)
DML = Dream maker language a custom coding style for the Byond platform
GML = Game maker language, a custom coding style for the Game Maker platform
AutoIt = I don't know how to explain this much but I used to use it for making bots on games to do automatic tasks and etc.
(Aug. 23, 2011  11:13 PM)Medz Wrote: Half of those langauges are minor languages. I'll explain:

VB = Visual basic (Well thats quite big actually)
DML = Dream maker language a custom coding style for the Byond platform
GML = Game maker language, a custom coding style for the Game Maker platform
AutoIt = I don't know how to explain this much but I used to use it for making bots on games to do automatic tasks and etc.

Alright, gotcha.

So, how close are you with the custom chat boxes?
Hmm well, it's pretty much done except for checking what image host is being used which shouldn't take long. But the thing that has me stumped is an error which doesn't show the image the user tries to add in. Still working on it.
(Aug. 23, 2011  11:35 PM)Medz Wrote: Hmm well, it's pretty much done except for checking what image host is being used which shouldn't take long. But the thing that has me stumped is an error which doesn't show the image the user tries to add in. Still working on it.

My brother says he could probably fix it (Even though he's not that good with web programming...), but he needs specifics. What's the error message saying?
Hah, there is no error message. It just won't merge the images together properly. Ask him if he has an advanced understanding of GD Image, if not, I highly doubt he can fix it.

Also, I can now see IP addresses, so people who abuse the chat e.g: Impersonating people, posting rude messages, etc, will be banned from posting but will still be able to see the chat.
Me gusta! This are great.
(Aug. 24, 2011  12:51 AM)Medz Wrote: Thanks haha. Any suggestions?

I guess being able to separate into different servers to lessen crowding.
So basicaly, chanels? I was thinking of this idea too so if others agree, I'll go ahead and code it in.

The I.P 99.190.110.53 has been banned for posting inappropriate messages.
Huh...I'm getting an error that comes up whenever I try to post. Is anyone else getting this?
Yeah I was fixing something. It should be gone now.
(Aug. 24, 2011  1:41 AM)Medz Wrote: Yeah I was fixing something. It should be gone now.

Is the post deleting a keyword? Because if so you could sell admin powers, like on ROBLOX.
It's not but that isnt hard to make nevertheless, I dont want to sell admin powers

Edit: Started working on channels, changed the layout of the chat page, etc.
Update: The I.P's: 180.95.18.41 and 110.33.162.154 have been banned from the chat due to posting inappropriate messages.
I see you've changed the name of el channel, you testing a new one?
It's been at default for a while now...What do you mean?
(Aug. 24, 2011  9:12 PM)Medz Wrote: It's been at default for a while now...What do you mean?

It used to be.. meh never mind...
Medz, this is a MAGNIFICENT thing you have come up with, really worth it, and creative too.

200th post, Yahoo! <--Off topic, sorry.
Thank you. The new versions will be available soon.

Update: User system added, you can now register an account so that no one can impersonate you on the chat.
I'm looking for a few moderators to help run the chat, you will receive powers to delete messages, ban people, unban people and so on. To apply for the position, please fill out this form and post it here.

Your chat username:
Previous Moderation Experience (Preferred but not required):
Your time zone:
What time's you are usually online:

Thanks.
me:

Nwolf

a website like the WBO called ultimatebladers

GMT

any time from 8-10-ish on holidays and fridays and saturdays, 4-8 weekdays
name in chat:zflare3(of course)
mod exp.been a mod on xat 1nce
timezone:gmt
wat time am i usually on line:7:00 or 1:00(most of the time)
Your chat username: Itachi8
Previous Moderation Experience: 3 sites.
Your time zone: GMT
What time's you are usually online: 10:00 AM
Your chat username: Sparta
Previous Moderation Experience (Preferred but not required): I owned a few websites, and I HATE SPAM
Your time zone: US eastern time
What time's you are usually online: Almost always online, save for any time from 10:00 PM to 8: AM (Summer)

Once school starts in a week, I'll be on from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM