Rule Clarifications

@th!nk : It's definitely worth doing the full round robin, like Deikailo said, it gives you more chance to battle other players and reap as much competitive experience as you can, and you get your beypoints much faster that way too.

But keep in mind that it also means more work for Kai-V to sort out and input the battles into the system. I had 17 attendees for my first tournament, and did full round robin, which means that each player battles 16 times. Multiply that, and you get well over a hundred battles. It went for 4 hours, but everyone was satisfied. But Kai-V had to do all the work, especially during bey day. I did get kind of a little hint about not doing a full round robin with over 12 participants.

Taking that into consideration, it's best to simply host more frequent tournaments and get beypoints that way. It's less stressful for you to be handling children, teenagers, and parents for hours at once. Besides more frequent tournaments mean more excitement for them, and something to look forward to each month perhaps.

But in all honesty, I'm with Deikailo with the preference of doing full round robin, but you know, we can also be considerate to the committees. Just use your best judgement.

EDIT: as with fakes, I'm a lot more extreme. I take the part, and fling it across the field to be lost forever. It's never happened though, since I painstakingly warned them beforehand. But I will definitely do it, should it happen. No joke.
For your first tournament, you want to give everyone as many battles as possible. After that, it can vary.

Uwik, you shouldnt be abusive toward other peoples property like that as it can cause other problems. Its best to just stay to conventional solutions and repercussions.
Mmm, Kai-V said that Block Round Robin would be much better if possible, so if I do get 12, I probably will use the block system, but at least now I am going to be happy if I get 11 Tongue_out

I'm gonna reply to the rest of that in "Organised Play Random Thoughts", because I think that's a better place Grin

EDIT: Just saw your post Deikailo. Excellent point. It seems I have some thinking to do.

And yeah, Uwik, I'd never be that extreme. Though, if someone intentionally uses a combo to damage a stadium (say, MFH Basalt Aquario M145MS/MF, or something), I'm happy to throw the person off a cliff. Or maybe just the beyblade. I dunno Tongue_out
(Jun. 20, 2011  4:06 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Uwik, you shouldnt be abusive toward other peoples property like that as it can cause other problems. Its best to just stay to conventional solutions and repercussions.

Lol, you're probably right, but I live in a country plagued and infested with fakes, and after a while, we generate certain numbness and disgust regarding fakes.

Here in the local shops where they have stadiums for kids to free-play is doing exactly the same thing. The kids throw others' fakes into dustbin and literary spit on them.

They now go as cheap as USD 1,- for a full fake bey. Imagine that.
am i was wondering about the breaking brad talked about and the wear that dekilo and think talked bout
i was wondering if one handle of a track broke off but did not make it unstable is it legal for wbo use
(Dec. 26, 2011  1:22 AM)donnchablader Wrote: am i was wondering about the breaking brad talked about and the wear that dekilo and think talked bout
i was wondering if one handle of a track broke off but did not make it unstable is it legal for wbo use

No.
thanks and if tt is unavailble for you can you use a hasbro stadium and if so can you name them (not bb 10) as i have no idea what that means
... So you ask a question for clarification of the rules but you clearly never read the rules ?

http://worldbeyblade.org/universalrules.pdf

Just take the time.
For the Griffolyon article I'm working on, I need a clarification, seeing as at least the AR's are legal, which parts of the Hidden Spirit beys are legal? Just the AR's, The AR's and griffolyon/salamalyon's bases, all the parts, only the parts from takara?

Just so I know how to word it and what to say about the base. The AR's are the only worthwhile parts anyway but yeah.
Ok need something clarified regarding explosions and the floor.
Where we host our tournaments we play on tables. So say i KO my opponent knock them out of the stadium and there beyblade hits the floor and explodes on impact. Do i let them put it back together considering the match was over or are they automatically DQed?
They get to put it back together. Once the beyblade has left the stadium that round is over, and whatever happens on the floor has no bearing on the match whatsoever.
Beys that 'explode' are allowed to be re-assembled as long as the parts are not broken, and continue the next round when available.

Although, I agree with you. Beys that 'explode', be it from battle impact / outside battle, should not be allowed to continue. At least, that's how WBBA does it.

I've reconfirmed this issue with Kai-V on 2 different occasions. So the answer is certain. Exploded beys are allowed to be reassembled and continue the battles provided no parts are broken.
(Feb. 10, 2012  7:50 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: They get to put it back together. Once the beyblade has left the stadium that round is over, and whatever happens on the floor has no bearing on the match whatsoever.

Thats what i thought. I just wanted to make sure. One last thing, say you hit them and the tip comes off. That counts as an explosion right?
(Feb. 10, 2012  7:53 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2012  7:50 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: They get to put it back together. Once the beyblade has left the stadium that round is over, and whatever happens on the floor has no bearing on the match whatsoever.

Thats what i thought. I just wanted to make sure. One last thing, say you hit them and the tip comes off. That counts as an explosion right?
Yeah it counted as Explosion

Quote:Thats what i thought. I just wanted to make sure. One last thing, say you hit them and the tip comes off. That counts as an explosion right?

Yeah it counted as Explosion

I figured it did. Just wanted to double check before my tournament tomorrow.
(Feb. 10, 2012  7:53 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Just to re-emphasize the point that Uwik made above. Even if a beyblade "explodes" or the tip falls off, or the facebolt pops off inside the stadium, it is not a DQ for the match - it is just a 1 point loss for that round.

Only if the beyblade breaks, is there an automatic win for the whole beybattle. For example, the metal wheel splits, or the tip cracks in half, or something like that.
I would suggest adding to the rulebook a section about terminology, for beybattle, round, match, and so on. It would help clear up a lot of misunderstandings, because it was only shortly before my first plastic tournament where I realised what the rule actually was. That was my second tournament over-all, and there were no disassemblies during my first (as MFB disassembly is quite rare), but that could have led to a misunderstanding had it occurred in the first or had I not realised before the second.

If I got confused like that, I'm sure plenty of other people have too...

EDIT: Oops.
There is a part at the beginning of the Rulebooks which simply explains that a Beybattle is made of rounds ...
Boy, I am dumb sometimes. Really, really dumb.

I'm glad my stupidity didn't cause any issues with my tournaments, then.
A glossary wouldn't hurt I think.

And Dark_Mousy's question has come up in tournaments a number of times. In fact, othellog got shafted by a misinterpretation of this rule in the early days of MD tournaments. Twice.
These questions didnt cause any results to be messed up or anything. But like i said i just wanted to make sure.
Is legal to put stickers on Metal Faces? Is it legal to put a Bit Sticker on a MF2?
Yes, you can put MFB Facebolt stickers on Metal Faces I and II.
(Feb. 21, 2012  4:09 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Yes, you can put MFB Facebolt stickers on Metal Faces I and II.
Okay, but what about Bit Stickers from HMS and Plastics?

I mean, it's just stickers. Yes, it should be fine.