Manta Diver Draft - Done\Need the approval -

Yeah, I dunno, it seems to be a png, something must have gone wrong somewhere Confused

Anyway, did a quick update of the article, capitalized a few things, fixed the list, etc. Just minor tweaks.

Keep in mind, of course, that I don't have the beyblade myself, I'm just working off the original draft, pictures of the bey (for the description of the AR) and information from Damashii. So basically just a tidy up and inclusion of the Damashii info. Just wanted to get it up to scratch, hah Smile

Oh, more on the OHKO thing, from Cye Kinomiya himself: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-One-Hit-...5#pid90085

So yeah, there's the difference, basically, OHKO needs to win in the first hit, and you need prodigious smash. Depending what you're against, things like the galzzly setup and Spike Dragon can need that, but for the former, I've scored loads of late-game KO's against compacts.
WARNING: Large photos, and a bunch of em.
I took 2 sets: one with a shadow (which I know isn't preferred) and one without.
Sadly, I uploaded these all to Photobucket, and apparently they change it right away to .jpg files..
Ugh. If you want me to re-upload them to somewhere like imageshack (where it won't do that) I can. I also cleaned them as well as I could, haha. If anyone ever needs scans of the Bit Beast, I can definitely get a hi-res enough image for it too. ;D
Oops just noticed, forgot to take pics of underside of the AR in the non shadow set.. dammit chody
Jesus Kreis Chody, how much grime do your beys accumulate?

Second set is nice, but the BB is rather dirty.
Trust me, it looks a lot better.
I tried my best on the BB. It's not grime, but it's actually dents in the actual BB with dirt that I can't get to inside.
It's like trying to stick an unsharpened pencil through the hole of a pin. Confused
Just get a damp cloth and rub it on all the areas with dirt on. That should clean it right up.
I'd recommend an alcohol swab if you have one on-hand.
Yeah the second one is better, but still looks like there's some glorious thing goin on in the background, haha.
I like the pictures, hah. They're a huge improvement over the last set.

So, how's the actual article? Some feedback on my little cleanup would be nice, ahah :3
There's a couple teeny tiny things I can fix up after school today!
Just made a couple of little tweaks myself, but yeah, go for it Tongue_out
(Feb. 05, 2012  6:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: == Attack Ring (AR): Square Edge ==
* Weight: 7 grams

Square Edge's large, diamond-like design depicts two triangular Manta Rays, each separated by a large gap at the ends. The wings themselves are covered in triangular spikes, which allow for some [[Smash Attack]], however, the poor shape of these contact points, as well as the [[Recoil]] and limited [[Smash Attack|Smash]] produced by the tips of the wings diminishes Square Edge's competitive use. It can be used for OHKO customizations, but these as a whole are not particularly useful, and there are many better options for Square Edge for this purpose. Furthermore, the somewhat aggressive shape, heavy weight, and large size of Square Edge means it is a decent choice for more aggressive Weight Based [[Defense]] customizations.

=== Use in Weight Based [[Defense]] Customization ===
The main use of this customization is to attempt [[Gattyaki]] or a similar style of launch aiming to knock the opponent out of the arena before they can make contact. The heavy weight of this combination aids in surviving the initial hit as well as providing more momentum to KO the opponent, and the large size of Square Edge makes hitting the opponent significantly easier. While other Attack Rings, such as [[Venus|Mirage Goddess]] are better at this due to their superior [[Defense]] ability once in the stadium, Square Edge is still a viable choice. Here is one such customization:

Done! I was very hesitant to take away "though there are better choices", because of my lack of plastic knowledge, but I did because the customization section makes it clear. I also took out the first sentence in the customization section because it was basically just a repeat of the previous sentence. The rest was mostly just making some things sound less repetitive or nicer in general, as well as switching two sentences. I'm satisfied with what I did though!
Hmm, I dunno, I kinda prefer my version for a few things, mainly the first sentence, because without mentioning the wings, it doesn't describe it properly, and the introduction of them in the next sentence seems far too abupt.

I've mashed them together below, see what you think. But first, on the OHKO thing:
Honestly, I'd like to remove the OHKO part all together, as to me it doesn't appear to have the features required for smash attack, just recoil, and Recoil is a bad thing for all customizations.

We've fallen into a very bad habit of calling any AR with High Recoil "OHKO": Cybernetic Dragon and Whale Crusher are not OHKO/Smash AR's, they just suck hard and have high recoil. Seriously, I've used both in setups that reduce their recoil and allow them to move fast enough for any AR with decent smash to throw around opponents, and they don't. They don't have good smash under the recoil, they just suck. Hard. So, So Hard.

I find comparing AR's to Spike Dragon and Raiden/Zinrai/Hayate/Shin-Hayate's AR is the best measure for whether something is OHKO. If it doesn't KO opponents as easily as they do, but suffers severe recoil, then it just shouldn't be used. Those two are the top OHKO AR's (though the latter is currently not legal), with the dragon breaker/war bear thing having a bit less recoil and not needing an HMC, unlike them.

That said, as I don't have Manta Diver, I will leave it up to someone who does/Nag Rai to try some stuff, as I cannot judge whether or not it works. But yeah, if someone could just see how it does on a decently fast base (read: probably not storm grip unless yours is really fast for some reason even with an HMC) with wide defense/10 Wide and an HMC. SG Metal Flat 2 would be a good base to try.

Anyway, how about this?

Quote:{{Beybox
| image = Manta_diver.jpg
| full item name = Manta Diver
| item number = B-104 (Hasbro)
| beyblade system = [[5-Layer]]
| beyblade type = [[Survival]]
| starter or booster =
}}

__TOC__

'''Manta Diver''' is found in [[Takara|Takara's]] Random Booster 11, in which the White version is one of three prize Beyblades, with a 1/12 chance of obtaining one. This Random Booster also contains Aquamarine and Red-Orange versions of the Beyblade.

Hasbro released this Beyblade in their G-Revolution line, under the same name, with a [[Wide Weight Disks|10 Wide]] Weight Disk, and Normal [[Spin Gear#S_To_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right Spin Gear]].

== Attack Ring (AR): Square Edge ==
* Weight: 7 grams

Square Edge's large, diamond-like design depicts two triangular Manta Rays, separated by a large gap and the ends of each Ray's wings. The wings themselves are covered in triangular spikes, which allow for some [[Smash Attack]], however, the poor shape of these contact points, as well as the [[Recoil]] and limited [[Smash Attack|Smash]] produced by the tips of the wings diminishes Square Edge's competitive use. It may be used for OHKO customization, but these as a whole are not particularly useful, and there are many better options than Square Edge for this purpose, such as [[Dragoon V2|Dragoon V2's]] Spike Dragon. The large size and weight does allow for some use in more aggressive Weight-Based [[Defense]] customizations, however.

=== Use in Weight Based [[Defense]] Customization ===
The main use of this customization is to attempt [[Gattyaki]] or a similar style of launch aiming to KO the opponent before hitting the arena. The heavy weight of this combination aids in surviving the initial hit as well as providing more momentum to KO the opponent, and the large size of Square Edge makes hitting the opponent significantly easier. While other Attack Rings, such as [[Venus|Mirage Goddess]] are better at this due to their superior [[Defense]] ability once in the stadium, Square Edge is still a viable choice. Here is one such customization:

* '''AR:''' Square Edge
* '''WD:''' [[Wide Defense]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#V_and_V2_Series_Spin_Gears|Neo-Right SG]] (Heavy Metal Core)
* '''BB:''' SG Metal Ball (4 Balls) ([[Draciel S]])

== Weight Disk (WD): Random ==
As it was released by [[Takara]] in a Random Booster, the Weight Disk received is random. The possible Weight Disks are: [[Star Attack]], [[Revolver Attack]], [[Heavy Weight Disks|10 Heavy]], [[Balance Weight Disks|10 Balance]], and [[Wide Weight Disks|10 Wide]].
The [[Hasbro]] release of this Beyblade contains [[Wide Weight Disks|10 Wide]].

== Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (Metal Weight Version)==

See [[Spin Gear#V and V2 Series Spin Gears|Neo Right SG]].

[[Hasbro]] Released this Beyblade with a regular [[Spin Gear#S_To_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG]].

== Blade Base (BB): SG Sharp ==

See [[SG Sharp]]

==Other Versions==
* [[Manta Diver]] - Aquamarine (Random Booster 11)
* [[Manta Diver]] - Orange-Red (Random Booster 11)

==Gallery==
<gallery>

</gallery>

== Overall ==

[[Manta Diver]] is an aesthetically pleasing blade, however, despite being arguably the most viable of the Diver series, it still has no real competitive use. '''Manta Diver is only recommended for collection purposes.'''

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

Yeah I like it! I completely missed that they didn't go well together.
Manta Diver is so funky looking. I want one.

Anyways, Raigeko, you photos are of great quality ... but the lighting is a tad too bright. Where are you shooting them?

Made a few small changes. Also:

Quote:The wings themselves are covered in triangular spikes, which allow for some [[Smash Attack]]

You say they're covered in "triangular spikes", but then go on to say they add some Smash Attack lol. I'd think those kinds of spikes would qualify as "Spike Attack". I've changed the sentence to reflect this.

Quote:While other Attack Rings, such as [[Venus|Mirage Goddess]] are better at this due to their superior [[Defense]] ability once in the stadium, Square Edge is still a viable choice.

I don't own Square Edge, and have never used one myself, but how well exactly does it perform in this type of combination compared to something like Mirage Goddess (again, I don't own Mirage Goddess and have never used it)? Mirage Goddess is much wider and heavier, is it not? I'd think that'd give it a significant advantage. So, I'm wondering if "viable" is the right word. "Usable" might be a more apt description depending on how they compare.
Usable would be better, mirage hoses is 1g heavier, and is supposed to be very good, but I need to be clear on this: I don't own manta diver yet (man, I want one though), so I'm only going on what I've read from damashii and other places, and the original article, I'm just trying to clean it up a little and throw in the stuff from damashii that was simply logical, just to get it up to the standard for beywiki. I forgot to include that disclaimer on my second draft there, sorry.

And I *think* it would be smash, the spikes aren't small enough for proper spike attack like spike dragon and eight Spiker, the spikes are just lines, for proper spike attack.
(Feb. 10, 2012  8:05 AM)th!nk Wrote: Usable would be better, mirage hoses is 1g heavier, and is supposed to be very good, but I need to be clear on this: I don't own manta diver yet (man, I want one though), so I'm only going on what I've read from damashii and other places, and the original article, I'm just trying to clean it up a little and throw in the stuff from damashii that was simply logical, just to get it up to the standard for beywiki. I forgot to include that disclaimer on my second draft there, sorry.

And I *think* it would be smash, the spikes aren't small enough for proper spike attack like spike dragon and eight Spiker, the spikes are just lines, for proper spike attack.

Yes, I know, and that's fine. If you know what you're doing and are a good writer, doing that sort of thing is fine. We do need someone that has experience with Square Edge to comment on this, though.

I don't know, based on this definition:
Smash Attack Wrote:Many ARs have small notches on the attacking points, such as Dragoon G's Eight Spiker. This is referred to as Spike Attack .These small notches -- or spikes -- focus force onto smaller points, creating more pressure and allowing for harder hits.

It seems to me like those notches would be considered Spike Attack. Perhaps it would match that definition more closely if there were notches on the end of each Ray's wings, but still.
Yeah, I'm nagging Rai to look into some stuff, though Galaxy may be better equipped to do so, I don't know if he would be willing to use his too much, haha Smile

Honestly, I was mislead by that too, the thing is, these spikes don't really focus the impacts (the point of spike attack), because they hit one after another, as a single point each, instead of a few small points of high pressure with each hit.
I'll get photos back in ASAP, sorry I haven't been on in a couple days.
I am taking them outside. Trust me - it's better than inside, haha.
I DID set the brightness up though to 1.0 on my camera, so I guess when I can take photos again I'll try them at the normal brightness.
I'll try my best to get the BB clean as well. Wink
As for about the testing you mentioned th!nk, I only have a BB-10 and I've sent you a message with a photo of all of my plastics, so I can do *somewhat* of a test for it.
Aaaaaannnnnnd here I am again.
I took a new batch of photos, and with a new setting - if these aren't good enough, then I don't think I can help out, haha. I found some alcohol and some Q-Tips and swabbed all around for about half an hour, and there were some noticeable differences in places, and no differences in others. This is as clean as it will ever be, I guarantee you that.
And some testing, requested by th!nk.
BB10 Bistool vs. Manta Diver custom
Custom is:
AR: Square Edge
WD: Eight Heavy
SG: Neo Right SG (S-MG Core)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2
Equipment used: BB-10 Attack Type Stadium, Dragoon Winder, standard launcher, and a Customize Grip (not actually sure of the name of it lol)

Manta Diver: 22/30 (22 KO, 0 OS) 73.3%
Bistool: 8/30 (2 KO, 6 OS) 26.7%
Banked hard.
Solid KO's, even a few at low RPM. Just needs a little momentum and Bistool went flyinnnnn.
(Feb. 20, 2012  12:52 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Aaaaaannnnnnd here I am again.

These are definitely usable, thanks! Please do re-take the "blue" picture, though; the contrast is too great compared to the rest.
(Feb. 20, 2012  12:52 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: And some testing, requested by th!nk.
BB10 Bistool vs. Manta Diver custom
Custom is:
WD: Eight Heavy
SG: Neo Right SG (S-MG Core)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2
Equipment used: BB-10 Attack Type Stadium, Dragoon Winder, standard launcher, and a Customize Grip (not actually sure of the name of it lol)

Manta Diver: 22/30 (22 KO, 0 OS) 73.3%
Bistool: 8/30 (2 KO, 6 OS) 26.7%
Banked hard.
Solid KO's, even a few at low RPM. Just needs a little momentum and Bistool went flyinnnnn.

Quite decent, considering many tournaments are held in BB-10 (though it is much, much more KO friendly than Tornado Attack, meaning that in TA the results would be much lower.)

How much stamina did the attacker have, how much speed and spin did it lose after hits? That's the main thing.

Also, updated my draft with a couple of the changes you made in yours.

If only Rai hadn't been suspended for some tenuous reason, this article would probably be done already...

I'll go re-take it now Kei. I'll edit this post when I have it up. Shouldn't be too much of a difference, since both days have been clear days, hah.

I took a 5 round battle session on video (I believe it was part of the actual tests) and I can upload it and show you.
I have a feeling though that my Bistool will look odd. It was aggressive... I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that. I'll upload the video and edit it into this post (or if anyone else posts after this, just post again)

From what I could observe, it had slightly less than average stamina for an attacker. This could be due to the small bit of rust on the bottom of SG Metal Flat 2, but it hasn't ever affected it much. It did lose a bit of stamina when it was hit - usually if it doesn't get a KO in a few hits, it most likely won't get a KO, and will not OS. A couple KO's (I believe three to be exact) were KO's at low rotation.

Off to the photo and the uploadan.

Oh cool, post 4,444 Tongue_out

EDIT: By the time I found my camera and AR it was already too dark. ;_;
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ROeWJr2...e=youtu.be
Not sure if it was part of the actual testing and if I was banking, haha.
EDIT2: Photo of underside is up, and so this should be ready to go.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1970/p2220098h.jpg
Is this draft ready for Beywiki or not?
Sorry, but during the last months I wasn't able to read your comments due to my exams!
It should be but Kei wants more testing on the AR in weight based defense combinations (it's only use).

Something like
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo Right HMC
BB: SG Metal Ball (4 Balls)

against a good attack combo, maybe with a comparison to Smash Turtle (Master Draciel).
(Jun. 27, 2012  6:25 AM)th!nk Wrote: It should be but Kei wants more testing on the AR in weight based defense combinations (it's only use).

Something like
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo Right HMC
BB: SG Metal Ball (4 Balls)

against a good attack combo, maybe with a comparison to Smash Turtle (Master Draciel).

Uhm, why? o.O
I mean... there are a lot of other better choices for a weight based defense combo.
I see no points in using the Square Edge!