[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament

(Jan. 15, 2016  5:23 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: @[Kai-V] is there an age minimum for tournaments? And should they have accounts regardless of literacy in order to attend?

There is no age minimum officially, but keep in mind that Beyblade is advertised for ages 6 and up. Any younger than that, I would advise against.

You can register counts on their behalf so that their battle data is recorded.
(Jan. 14, 2016  8:51 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Yo, guys! I know I've been out of the loop lately, and I probably won't be visiting the WBO all that often, but if there is an event going on and you need my help, stadium or me to join in, please email me. I really wanna go to another tournament.

It's good to see you back. I'm sure we'll need anyone we can get for attendees, so your presence at the event would be helpful.

(Jan. 15, 2016  3:42 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: That would be appreciated, Taiwo. How do we all feel about the 20th of February?

Right now Brad is helping to make contact with Anime Jungle to see if we can hold an event in the store, so I'm not sure about the date yet. It would be best to figure out a date after we have a clearer idea of where it will be held.
I haven't been on this site in a while... Uncertain

It's good to hear that this event is still a thing that will happen eventually, with Meta being gone unfortunately. This
has been quite a shock to me.

Sometime in February, eh? Perhaps that will give me enough time to actually get some parts viable for Standard format.
(Jan. 23, 2016  6:23 PM)Sapphire Wrote: I haven't been on this site in a while... Uncertain

It's good to hear that this event is still a thing that will happen eventually, with Meta being gone unfortunately. This
has been quite a shock to me.

Sometime in February, eh? Perhaps that will give me enough time to actually get some parts viable for Standard format.

Just keep in mind that it may turn out to be Burst format, but if it is, the shop we're planning on hosting it in has Burst starters and boosters for sale in shop. If you ever want to get Burst blades in store, look up Anime Jungle, it's in LA.
I seriously doubt that enough of us have Burst Beys and if we all bought ours then, we would have to spend extra time getting used to them and making decent combos on the spot.
Guys, if this is Burst then count me out as I have no interest in a hobby I spent already too much in. Standard is fine honestly, it's not like you can get Burst via Hasbro so barely anyone would have them.
(Jan. 24, 2016  8:50 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Guys, if this is Burst then count me out as I have no interest in a hobby I spent already too much in. Standard is fine honestly, it's not like you can get Burst via Hasbro so barely anyone would have them.

Couldn't you just borrow combinations from people ?
From what I've read in this thread, few if any of us have Burst Beys, but we have a place to buy them. And I thought we were going to play with plastics afterwards. @[Alta] , can you post the attendee list? And how's your progress with Anime Jungle?
While we're happy to do whatever we can to help you guys have whatever format of tournament you're interested in, I mean, it's normal that collectible competitive games move onto new styles of play over time. And we're hoping to have the event at a store that sells Burst for pretty good prices.
(Jan. 24, 2016  11:14 PM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: From what I've read in this thread, few if any of us have Burst Beys, but we have a place to buy them. And I thought we were going to play with plastics afterwards. @[Alta] , can you post the attendee list? And how's your progress with Anime Jungle?

(Jan. 24, 2016  8:50 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Guys, if this is Burst then count me out as I have no interest in a hobby I spent already too much in. Standard is fine honestly, it's not like you can get Burst via Hasbro so barely anyone would have them.

Before I make an attendance list, we should figure out what format this event is going to be and how it will work. Perhaps Standard could be the main event and if anyone is up for it we could do Burst or Plastics afterward, admittedly I've been wanting to get into a Plastics competition for a while now. I can arrange to let players borrow some of my Burst supplies, though right now I've only got four blades.
i can supply some burst parts
i have
Valkyrie x1
Spriggan x2
Ragnuruk x1
Kerbeus x1
Wyvern x1
Minoboros x1
Deathscyther x1
Unicorn x1
Horusood x1
Heavy x1
Wing x2
Ring x1
Spread x4
Central x1
Oval x1
Accel x2
Edge x1
Fusion x2
Defence x1
Survive x1
Quake x1
Massive x1
Blow x1
(Jan. 25, 2016  7:26 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: i can supply some burst parts
i have
Valkyrie x1
Spriggan x2
Ragnuruk x1
Kerbeus x1
Wyvern x1
Minoboros x1
Deathscyther x1
Unicorn x1
Horusood x1
Heavy x1
Wing x2
Ring x1
Spread x4
Central x1
Oval x1
Accel x2
Edge x1
Fusion x2
Defence x1
Survive x1
Quake x1
Massive x1
Blow x1

Alright, well the event will likely be half Standard and half Burst format, I'm sure we can accommodate bladers who have not gotten into Burst yet.
(Jan. 26, 2016  8:24 AM)Alta Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2016  7:26 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: i can supply some burst parts
i have
Valkyrie x1
Spriggan x2
Ragnuruk x1
Kerbeus x1
Wyvern x1
Minoboros x1
Deathscyther x1
Unicorn x1
Horusood x1
Heavy x1
Wing x2
Ring x1
Spread x4
Central x1
Oval x1
Accel x2
Edge x1
Fusion x2
Defence x1
Survive x1
Quake x1
Massive x1
Blow x1

Alright, well the event will likely be half Standard and half Burst format, I'm sure we can accommodate bladers who have not gotten into Burst yet.

if we add plastics to the mix we can call the the tournament "Battle of the ages:Cats vs Dogs"
I will be going to Little Tokyo this Saturday to talk to Anime Jungle's P.R. guy/Manager and stuff, so I'll let you guys know how they feel about a tournament.
Nice, good luck with everything !
(Jan. 28, 2016  4:06 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: I will be going to Little Tokyo this Saturday to talk to Anime Jungle's P.R. guy/Manager and stuff, so I'll let you guys know how they feel about a tournament.

That probably won't be necessary, Bey Brad just emailed Anime Jungle earlier today and CC'd me in the message, so we'll see what they say.
I already gave earthwolf a heads up about that Smile Though of course, he's free to go there and talk about the WBO if he wants, anyway. haha
I ended up not mentioning the WBO, but i still bought beys(and an old bionicle set!!). I will ask about events or having a bey arcade thing next time I go. And If any of you guys go there on a Thursday/Friday, can you PM me if they restocked on beys with launchers(and bionicle sets too,that would be great!)?
Hahaha, there's no way they could get one of those BeyTerminal machines ... I think :')

We're still waiting to hear back.
Hmm, if I can i'll try going to Anime Jungle either Friday or Saturday. Though I may be too enveloped in Smash Bros DLC to remember of going so maybe i'll forget lol. But real talk, i'm gonna see if I can go.
I JUST GOT A GOOD IDEA FOR A NAME IF WE DO END UP USING ANIME JUNGLE!
King of the Jungle(:Cats Vs Dogs)
That works. Is this gonna be a main event team tourney or is that side?
We haven't even heard back from Anime Jungle yet so don't jump to conclusions :')

I really don't think a Team Format tournament is a good idea for what looks like it will be a small-ish event.
Still nothing yet, huh? Someone please update me in my email when we have confirmation on a tourney.
I do certainly hope Anime Jungle gets back to us soon, it would be nice to get the next event underway.

Going off of RacingCheetahz comment, it would probably be a good idea to have "jungle" in the title just because of the shop name, not sure about the cats vs dogs thing, though. This of course all depends on where the event ends up being held and if Anime Jungle will allow us to use their space.