Incompetent members, what should we do?

It's not up to me, it's up to Kai-V and the rest of the mods.
Anyways, if we do go through with the video, it is going to be uploaded to the beybladechannel, right?
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:04 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: It's not up to me, it's up to Kai-V and the rest of the mods.
Anyways, if we do go through with the video, it is going to be uploaded to the beybladechannel, right?

That would be pretty obvious. We should include the link to the introductory PM too.
I've got a guide I've written for new members I'm working on. I'll probably post it in a bit. It'd be cool if people could direct new users to it in their introductory threads, instead of just spamming with "WELCOME" and pretty banners, it might actually make the forum useful.

Gonna go finish it now.
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:08 PM)th!nk Wrote: I've got a guide I've written for new members I'm working on. I'll probably post it in a bit. It'd be cool if people could direct new users to it in their introductory threads, instead of just spamming with "WELCOME" and pretty banners, it might actually make the forum useful.

Gonna go finish it now.

Is it a video? Cause I plan on doing one too.
It's a written list/thread.

Getting it ready for posting now.
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:39 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: EDIT: For all these SPAM Bot systems, we need a CAPTCHA system when you sign up. That will stop quite a lot of SPAM from the beginning and also show which members are truly members.

There is already a CAPTCHA when you register, if you do not remember.
Good guide th!nk. How can we assure that beginners will read it though?
Check the note on it Wink, but simply:

Basically, I'd like to ask everyone who regularly welcomes new users in the "Introduce Yourself" forum to link them to this. It'll make your posts worthwhile, and hopefully a few of them will read it, unlike a generic-looking PM. A lot of you just seem to copy-paste the same responses, so including this shouldn't be too hard, should it? Pretty please? Cute

I'm sure this won't satisfy some people, personally I'd like to see it stickied in that forum, but that isn't up to me.

In other suggestions, it'd be cool if we had a copy of the Introductory PM posted somewhere, so that we could link to it. It'll help my guide, and the forum as a whole.
i think that the pm kai-v sent to us when we register i very long people just see the length of the pm and thinks that who would going to read the whole pm we should make it more attracting and short or replace it with something else
Umm, it needs to be that long to include all the relevant information. It's not very long anyway. Honestly, I've looked at it and it seemed as succinct as possible.

Personally, I suspect more people just don't read it because it looks like a generic welcome message, but yeah.
I, will make this video, if anyone. I am willing to, even if it doesn't work out, I'll send it to members who need help!

EDIT: There was no page 6 like 8 seconds ago O_O
(Jul. 18, 2011  5:19 PM)th!nk Wrote: Umm, it needs to be that long to include all the relevant information. It's not very long anyway. Honestly, I've looked at it and it seemed as succinct as possible.

Personally, I suspect more people just don't read it because it looks like a generic welcome message, but yeah.

My only criticism of it is that it's way too long, regardless of whether it has to include all the information. I've said this before, but the sorts of people who would bother reading this are the sorts of people who would also take the time to search for things too.

That said, it's a useful resource anyway. :]
True. Any thoughts on my suggestion of posting it somewhere so we can link/direct people to it? Might encourage users to read it if they only have to click a link :p
What about having either the video or page just pop up when someone signs up, so they will acually look at the page/video. But the page is kinda long. Some members are young, but just saying, some might not know what some parts mean. You know what I mean?

Edit: @th!nk Unless you are saying redirect as in pop up/go to page, just forget about this post.Joyful_3
What about having either the video or page just pop up when someone signs up, so they will acually look at the page/video. But the page is kinda long. Some members are young, but just saying, some might not know what some parts mean. You know what I mean?

Edit: @th!nk Unless you are saying redirect as in pop up/go to page, just forget about this post.Joyful_3
Sorry for double, using Internet Explorer 8 or 9, I dont remember!Tongue_out
Whoa th!nk, thanks a pretty good guide, and you've got almost everything covered in there. If you don't mind, I'll be using your guide to form a video version of it. Unfortunately, I can't do it now, I guess you all have to wait until the weekend.

@Angry Birds: I told you so. Do not use Internet Explorer for posting on the WBO. The first thing that I did on my new computer, was install Chrome, and delete IE. Pinching_eyes

And one more thing that is rather small compared to the issues in your guide, but please add this as a side note:

Unless the facebolt provides "mystical powers" which will unleash during battle, please refrain from posting what kind of facebolt are you required to place on that combo.
(abbreviations such as MF-F, MF-L, MF-M, MF-H are excluded)
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:38 AM)Callum6939 Wrote: Yeah, I agree, there are too many new members that think 'Storm Aries C145 D is a great combo', but then they don't even test it, I know we know it's completely bad, but it's the fact most 'newbies' go onto the customisations forum, and post saying stuff it can beat a dark bull... And it usually has no tests, then there are people who test correctly, but can't use other beys (attack).

It is good compared to my beys... actually, I think it is an average bey in my collectiong, maybe higher than average... anyways.

A video would be cool, what we could do, is put it in the introductory message, then make them not able to leave that page until they watch... but most likley that is not possible...
(Jul. 19, 2011  3:47 AM)Suicune_Aquario Wrote: Whoa th!nk, thanks a pretty good guide, and you've got almost everything covered in there. If you don't mind, I'll be using your guide to form a video version of it. Unfortunately, I can't do it now, I guess you all have to wait until the weekend.

@Angry Birds: I told you so. Do not use Internet Explorer for posting on the WBO. The first thing that I did on my new computer, was install Chrome, and delete IE. Pinching_eyes

And one more thing that is rather small compared to the issues in your guide, but please add this as a side note:

Unless the facebolt provides "mystical powers" which will unleash during battle, please refrain from posting what kind of facebolt are you required to place on that combo.
(abbreviations such as MF-F, MF-L, MF-M, MF-H are excluded)

I use Internet Explorer, and I don't double post. I only double posted once, becuase I thought it didn't post, didn't know it was a glitch that makes it so we can't see our posts for a while, anyways. I really don't like using internet explorer, but for some reason, my anti-virus won't let me use anything else. Google Chrome shuts down whenever I open it, and mozilla firefox runs soooo slowly.

Nice guide th1nk! Someone should post a link to it when a newbie introduces themselves.

Also, I think new members don't read the introductory message because they think they are all ready cool and know all the rules and such, which they don't. So they just end up ticking people off...
A perfect example of a thred made by someone who did NOT read the rules.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-beyblades-legend
(Jul. 19, 2011  6:39 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote: A perfect example of a thred made by someone who did NOT read the rules.

It is just that some people think they are the first to know something and that they know more about it than others, so they think they are making us discover some incredible news. They have no idea that we have known about what they are posting for weeks most of the time ...
Yeah. I honestly don't get why some members even join Speechless I mean, they make 2 posts, stay on for 1 hour ONCE, and never return. And those 2 posts are complete carp. I th!nk that th!nk's guide will SERIOUSLY help out, if it were to be put somewhere where new members were to see it. Maybe it would be possible once they signed up and read the PM to take them directly to that thread?
(Jul. 19, 2011  6:45 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2011  6:39 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote: A perfect example of a thred made by someone who did NOT read the rules.

It is just that some people think they are the first to know something and that they know more about it than others, so they think they are making us discover some incredible news. They have no idea that we have known about what they are posting for weeks most of the time ...

im glad think wrote about Being Humble in her guide... Once again th!nk...
EPIC GUIDE!
(Jul. 19, 2011  6:55 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote:
(Jul. 19, 2011  6:45 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

im glad think wrote about Being Humble in her guide... Once again th!nk...
EPIC GUIDE!

Hah. That same user made a thread called "storm pegasus summary". th!nk is really humble too.

... th!nk is a male. Uncertain
Yeah Bunni, he's a dude LOL.
Oh God, we've got a noob on the loose.
Please don't make a thread for every character... Please...
oh.... ooops!
I know right...
If he makes another one i reckon he should get a 20% warning...
again... ooops!