Choosing A Clear Wheel: A Simple Guide.

I'm sure you Advanced members would have chosen something similar to this anyways.
that was helpful(no sarcasm intended)
Bull My Combos
Stamina Good with those CWS (still expirementing)
Defense heavier = Better! Burn Bull 145WD Stamina
Libra Cyber Libra 135RF Smash
Attack good
(Jun. 25, 2011  6:20 PM)Gedd11 Wrote: Bull My Combos
Stamina Good with those CWS (still expirementing)
Defense heavier = Better! Burn Bull 145WD Stamina
Libra Cyber Libra 135RF Smash
Attack good

i dont understand what u are saying
CAN U STOP POSTING YOUR CYBER LIBRA COMBO EVERY WHERE AS IT IS HORRIBLE
I would just like to mention that I find kerbecs , the best with basalt combos especially on tall heights it find it really helps.
(Jun. 26, 2011  1:29 AM)RustyXD Wrote: I would just like to mention that I find kerbecs , the best with basalt combos especially on tall heights it find it really helps.
Yes that has been a known fact for a while now. There are 2 positions you can place Kerbecs, one is where the lumpier part of Kerbecs covers the stairs - This is advantageous and is why UK players uses Basalt Kerbecs (me) or at least it's tested with.
Thanks for this Th!nk. Very helpful thread. Ifind that herculo does well on Hell and earth.
(Jul. 03, 2011  8:53 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2011  1:29 AM)RustyXD Wrote: I would just like to mention that I find kerbecs , the best with basalt combos especially on tall heights it find it really helps.
Yes that has been a known fact for a while now. There are 2 positions you can place Kerbecs, one is where the lumpier part of Kerbecs covers the stairs - This is advantageous and is why UK players uses Basalt Kerbecs (me) or at least it's tested with.

I found with a gap between the "chains" where the staircase starts descending, I get better balance. Is that what you mean, or what?
(Jul. 03, 2011  9:24 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2011  8:53 PM)ControL_ Wrote:

I found with a gap between the "chains" where the staircase starts descending, I get better balance. Is that what you mean, or what?
Both have better solo spin times than Bull. They both cover the gap effectively, it's extremely hard to find the difference really.
Yeah, I try to balance out the halves, but yeah, at least, what I'm doing seems to let it get extra outspins and such.
Man, guide needs an update, I got a bunch to do first though. Meh.
Great Job On This, if only more people read and learned their facts before making stupid posts Smile
(Jul. 03, 2011  9:45 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yeah, I try to balance out the halves, but yeah, at least, what I'm doing seems to let it get extra outspins and such.
Man, guide needs an update, I got a bunch to do first though. Meh.

Alright. Here's a picture of the clear wheel positioning I've been using to get optimal results from any Basalt combos: [Image: 0000175.jpg]

Free feel to use it in your thread or anywhere else th!nk broski.
Thanks man, I've long needed that picture. Grin

(FWIW, that's correct btw).

Also I totes have to update this, it's on my todo list. I'm just busy writing other stuff right now.
OK. I will express a few findings I have discovered over time because it seems like too many people are missing them. First of all, clear wheels that destabilize are EXTREMELY essential to just about any combo, more so the ones aimed at killing 230 combos. The Pisces and Capricorn clear wheels are the best for this effect. Just by simply putting something like Pisces on a thin wheel like Thermal that has really great stamina, you can easily tear down a 230 combo with much more than enough spin to spare. Destabilizing is very important and destabilizers should be reintroduced. In this case, the choice of clear wheels is very important because a clear wheel like Bull, which is great for stamina, will have a lower chance to destabilize an opposing 230 combo that naturally may have the advantage. Pisces provides enough stamina for great stamina and destabilization. I have more to add but my mind just went blank at the moment for some reason.

ALSO, picking the proper clear wheel for a wheel such as Fang is EXTREMELY important. Sure, you can put anything on and it will have that ridiculous smash but for how long? For those who have Fang, you should have noticed by now that it rattles ridiculously and it causes a lot of stamina to be lost. With ordinary clear wheels just slapped into it without much thought or planning, it leaves gaps in the wheel and makes the parts loose. However, this issue is fixed and Fang is more effective when you use a Bull clear wheel. Bull fills the Fang wheel almost completely, leaving little to no room for rattling which in turn increases stamina and effectiveness.
Yo Bluezee, try Escolpio out, I find it does horrible things to taller opponents.

I wouldn't reintroduce Destabilisers (in terms of Flame ___ 90SF), but we should look into which Clear Wheels do the most damage against taller opponents, and, if the pro's outweigh the con's, then yeah.
(Jul. 18, 2011  8:41 AM)th!nk Wrote: Yo Bluezee, try Escolpio out, I find it does horrible things to taller opponents.

I wouldn't reintroduce Destabilisers (in terms of Flame ___ 90SF), but we should look into which Clear Wheels do the most damage against taller opponents, and, if the pro's outweigh the con's, then yeah.

I LOVE ESCOLPIO for too many reasons. It does very well against tall opponents. Pisces is probably a better choice though due to the fact that it provides more stamina by sacrificing a little bit of destabilization but still has enough to be one of the best if not equal to Escolpio's ability.
Sweet. I've just been using mine on screw for clearance. But I'll give it a shot. Also, nice to see capricorn getting some love, too.

I'll give it a shot some time, I guess. Got a lot to do Tongue_out
Pisces with Screw is very good! You can substitute it with Horolgium (or whatever the spelling is, who cares) and still have the clearance you need.
Your right bluezee i was trying to find out why fang was losing then i swithed the clear wheel and it did better.
And didn't th!nk come up with Screw + pisces ?
(Jul. 18, 2011  9:02 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Pisces with Screw is very good! You can substitute it with Horolgium (or whatever the spelling is, who cares) and still have the clearance you need.

I know, I was the person who found and shared that Wink

Funny story, I put the two together as I wanted a cool "shark" beyblade. Screw was wavy, so I figured it'd look cool. Then I tried it and it started tossing stuff through the air. I realised why capricorn didn't work as well, and yeah.
(Jul. 18, 2011  9:06 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  9:02 AM)Bluezee Wrote: Pisces with Screw is very good! You can substitute it with Horolgium (or whatever the spelling is, who cares) and still have the clearance you need.

I know, I was the person who found and shared that Wink

I knew I was missing something! Spin-Sonic just told me that too...but I was not sure.
What Clear Wheel should i use for Hell & Beat ? (for attack combo, Ex : MF Beat/Hell R145R2F). Thanks
That question belongs in Build Me A Combo, technically, not in a months-unposted-in-thread.
Sorry didnt saw that before.. Grin thanks for the correction & info
(May. 29, 2011  4:38 PM)Dan Wrote:
(May. 29, 2011  4:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: :3 Thanks Dan! You can thank ControL_ for a lot of the Attack stuff, he explained the odd distribution/non-aerodynamic thing to me (dude knows his stuff, really, really well).

And to think I wrote this whole thing because I was annoyed at people asking others "what's a good combo for the ___ energy ring" and the like. Hah. If necessity is the mother of invention, frustration is the father.
IIRC, ControlL_'s profile says he is 12 years old. :V What on earth?

Response to bolded:
[Image: 2dsqzk0.gif]
12 year olds aren't all ignorant.....just 90%
Anyway,great guide.
Also,shouldn't circular CW be good for Stamina?