Battle Strikers Discussion

(Nov. 20, 2010  6:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2010  5:32 AM)Jey Wrote: Battle strikers looks okay to me but one of the reasons I like beyblade is i get to pull the rip cord so it feels like I am actually doing something to help the blade fight. Being able to move it looks cool though but you could do the same thing with an MFB by putting a magnetic face on it and taping a magnet to your hand. i may be wrong but it's basically the same concept with better looking blades and a tv series.
Metal Fight Beyblades are not magnetic ...

I know they aren't magnetic but they could make magnetic parts or something Idk just an idea if someone likes the idea of battle strikers and wants to apply it to beyblades. And I agree with you CherryICG
(Nov. 20, 2010  7:11 AM)CherryICG Wrote: I am extremely ashamed to see this topic on this site... Battle Strikers is a game based on attrition, with no attractive qualities other than contact rings and the ability to stick your hands all over the playing field... I have nothing more to say, the entertainment and tactical advantage of Beyblades over BS (Hah, BS) should be painfully obvious. Please, go ahead and bother to correct me if I'm wrong about the gameplay of BS (the contraction speaks for itself, guys) because after seeing commercials and a few designs of the toys, I have completely disregarded this as a worthy waste of my time.
I think you have no idea what the gameplay of Battle Strikers is like then ...
Watched video clips from a tournament in Toronto, company run. I am not impressed.

Sure, you can control the thing, slightly, sure you can re-balance it when it is unstable. But when these magnets are just being used to control the things to hit eachother, it all comes down to stamina anyway because of their arena style. Sure, there is this stupid 'jump attack' deal with the magnet, but the other player has their damn hand over theirs too, so how do you expect to hit it? Therefore, my bigotry has not wavered.

[edit] I didn't think it necessary to mention the launchers.
(Nov. 20, 2010  7:11 AM)CherryICG Wrote: I am extremely ashamed to see this topic on this site... Battle Strikers is a game based on attrition, with no attractive qualities other than contact rings and the ability to stick your hands all over the playing field... I have nothing more to say, the entertainment and tactical advantage of Beyblades over BS (Hah, BS) should be painfully obvious. Please, go ahead and bother to correct me if I'm wrong about the gameplay of BS (the contraction speaks for itself, guys) because after seeing commercials and a few designs of the toys, I have completely disregarded this as a worthy waste of my time.

And you need to get off your high horse regarding a toy. Having tried Battle Strikers there is a very obvious strategic element being ignored in your assessment.

"Battle Strikers is a game based on attrition". This can be used to describe Beyblade as well.

"Entertainment and tactical advantage of Beyblades..." Purely subjective and very debatable. Quite frankly the method you chose to present your opinion was very supercilious.

Simply put, enjoy whatever game you like. There isn't a need to be a prick about it.
I really want to get into battle strikers but the site is dying and there hasn't been any activity from mega
(Nov. 22, 2010  8:19 AM)mesorangerxx Wrote: I really want to get into battle strikers but the site is dying and there hasn't been any activity from mega

yeah I was thinking about buying some on black friday if they're cheap but I don't want to get into a game that is about to die :\ bey brad or battle bad whichever you perfer is battle strikers discontinuing? Confused
(Nov. 23, 2010  3:58 PM)tman14 Wrote: battle bad
Hahah, I cannot even necessarily counter this personally hah.

Anyway, I think Battle Strikers can be fun enough to start it even if it were dying. You are the one controlling the tops, so it is up to you not to make the game boring and play differently.
Plus, we still played Beyblade even if it had been suspended.
i have to admit, th new ones are getting close to being as good as beyblades, especially as they just released the new stadium, which i might get just cause of the spinning middle...
also, do the new ones work with the old launchers? before XF?
(Nov. 23, 2010  6:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2010  3:58 PM)tman14 Wrote: battle bad
Hahah, I cannot even necessarily counter this personally hah.

Anyway, I think Battle Strikers can be fun enough to start it even if it were dying. You are the one controlling the tops, so it is up to you not to make the game boring and play differently.
Plus, we still played Beyblade even if it had been suspended.

lol and your right, theres always beyblades XD
(Nov. 24, 2010  2:58 AM)tman14 Wrote: lol and your right, theres always beyblades XD
That is not really what I meant ...
(Nov. 23, 2010  6:35 PM)Nwolf Wrote: i have to admit, th new ones are getting close to being as good as beyblades, especially as they just released the new stadium, which i might get just cause of the spinning middle...
also, do the new ones work with the old launchers? before XF?

I know, watching one of the vids on striker axis channel they look like a force to be reconed with, since the launchers use magnets, I assume any battle striker works on any launcher (I hope XD)
(Nov. 24, 2010  3:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 24, 2010  2:58 AM)tman14 Wrote: lol and your right, theres always beyblades XD
That is not really what I meant ...

now I read it again more carefully XD I know what you mean I'll probally get some if they are on sale on black friday, I feel like I'm alone in Louisiana XD hard to find interested people but of course I'm 14 and in high school Tongue_out but whatever Speechless
On second look at battle strikers they look more interesting. It would be sweet if beyblade did something similar to battle strikers like touch the top or have a hard enough collision and a second wheel pops out of it or something else changes. I think that would make beyblade a lot more interesting and change the limits to what you can do with them. Still not digging the launchers though.
(Nov. 24, 2010  4:47 AM)Jey Wrote: On second look at battle strikers they look more interesting. It would be sweet if beyblade did something similar to battle strikers like touch the top or have a hard enough collision and a second wheel pops out of it or something else changes. I think that would make beyblade a lot more interesting and change the limits to what you can do with them. Still not digging the launchers though.

yeah if they made they faces magnetic and stuck with the ripcords it would be awsome, the electronic launcher is not as apealing as a ripcord but they get the job done, they go about 6,000 rpm which was about the speed of plastics so it isn't THAT bad... I wonder how fast the launchers eat the batteries...
(Nov. 13, 2010  4:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2010  4:36 AM)UltimateChimera Wrote: I think that Hasbro realized that battle strickers came in so they were like O NOEZ and started selling MFB in america,not that thats how they started getting sold here but its just a funny thought.
besides customizable tops, there is not much copy ...

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just saying, I realized some stuff that Battle Strikers has gotten from Beyblades when the Metal XS came:

Metal Fight Beyblades = Battle Strikers Metal XS

Xtreme Bey Stadium = Battle Strikers Ultimate Tournament Set Arena

Beyblade Ginga Case (based off Anime) and Step Case = Striker Case

Bit Beasts and Constellation Monsters = Striker Soul

Evil Gemios = Firehawk (Well it's not that bad, but design is similar)
Dragoon Storm = Ninjitsu (Same thing, not much of an issue)

Weight Disks = Booster Rings

Flat, Semi Flat, Grip Tips, Metal Balls (Not much of an issue)

Wrench Tool = Tool (not much an issue)

Beyblade HMS Gimmick Specialty = Battle Strikers Mecha FX

Samurai Changer MS: It has a tip change ability to go from Attack mode to Defense/Endurance mode if hit hard enough.

Dragun - Can switch from Attack to Defense when the magnetic core is activated with the TRIGG.

So clearly, Battle Strikers are not a copy of Beyblades, but they either seem to have there ideas already tried with beyblades or the Battle Strikers Team seems to have a lack of originality.
who cares if its the same or similar as long as its awesome to play and popular to many age groups
i gots a question... what direction do Battle Strikers spin in?

I have a Viking Battle Striker, and the Weapon and Booster Ring on it look like they would go left.
(Nov. 25, 2010  2:37 AM)Red_Eyes_Zombie Wrote: i gots a question... what direction do Battle Strikers spin in?

I have a Viking Battle Striker, and the Weapon and Booster Ring on it look like they would go left.
I do think Battle Strikers can only rotate to the left or something like that.
(Nov. 25, 2010  2:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I do think Battle Strikers can only rotate to the left or something like that.

My launcher only spins clockwise, so I would say they all rotate to the right. Unless I'm missing something.
(Nov. 25, 2010  3:50 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Nov. 25, 2010  2:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I do think Battle Strikers can only rotate to the left or something like that.

My launcher only spins clockwise, so I would say they all rotate to the right. Unless I'm missing something.

thanks I wanted to know that Grin how do the S1 strikers compare to metal XS?
Its too bad they only spin right. the Viking weapon looks like it would be boss in left-spin
just got the predator starter and asleon Grin
(Nov. 22, 2010  7:06 AM)Khel Wrote: Simply put, enjoy whatever game you like. There isn't a need to be a prick about it.

I can't simply refrain from what I do best. Although I do not see your argument, I no longer care about this thread, my post did not yield the expected results, therefore I feel no obligation to continue.

And as for being on my 'high horse': Phh, rawr.
Uhh... Was that post necessary? Anyway, are Battle Strikers in the US? I can't find any. The new ones look cool. I'll look some more, and if I can't find them, EBAY IS OUR FRIEND!
(Nov. 29, 2010  4:48 AM)Megablader9 Wrote: Uhh... Was that post necessary? Anyway, are Battle Strikers in the US? I can't find any. The new ones look cool. I'll look some more, and if I can't find them, EBAY IS OUR FRIEND!

yes they were, in fact my TRU only has series 1 and my target only has metal xs yes they are really cool and the metal xs totaly destroys MFB :3

You are so right