Battle Strikers Discussion

I am a HUGE fan of battle strikers and I really love the game, but something has recently shocked me. On November 25th, an Atamaii.com video has said that "battle strikers were discontinued so if you really do like battle strikers I sugest you get into the stores and get those before they're gone." I am not sure if this is true or not so if any of you know anything about this (Bey Brad), please reply.
(Nov. 30, 2010  3:12 AM)SwiftShadow Wrote: I am a HUGE fan of battle strikers and I really love the game, but something has recently shocked me. On November 25th, an Atamaii.com video has said that "battle strikers were discontinued so if you really do like battle strikers I sugest you get into the stores and get those before they're gone." I am not sure if this is true or not so if any of you know anything about this (Bey Brad), please reply.

Chocked_2 I am so sad right now that I wanted these and got some on black friday and for christmas T_T
Not only that, Battle Brad has maybe been laid of by Mega Brands, so any questions about Beyblades or Battle Strikers, I'll see what I can answer. Just know I enjoy both games, and I'm not holding one higher than the other. I may not be Battle Brad, but I'll see what I can answer to keep this thread running. Happy Beyblading and Striking ^^
(Dec. 01, 2010  6:32 PM)WingmanVWXYZ Wrote: Not only that, Battle Brad has maybe been laid of by Mega Brands, so any questions about Beyblades or Battle Strikers, I'll see what I can answer. Just know I enjoy both games, and I'm not holding one higher than the other. I may not be Battle Brad, but I'll see what I can answer to keep this thread running. Happy Beyblading and Striking ^^

I know Brad personally, he's still working for Mega. However Battle Strikers is only part of what he works on.
I work in a toy shop and had never been able to have a go on battle strikers until we opened (I helped set the shop up and am now running in partially).. We had a couple on demo to play with. They're certainly as different from beyblade as you can get, while still being a metal battle top.. Got my carp handed to me by a 10 year old that had played them before, that was funny!

I dunno if it's just the area I'm in (South of england), but Battle Strikers are barely selling here. Literally, the sheer amount we have of them, and the amount of "Metal XS Tournament sets" we have in our stock room is incredible.. I think i've maybe seen 5 be sold in the month we've been open! Not that beyblades are selling well here either.. but then I can put that down to lack of variety, as we've only been sent the Saggitario Value Pack and one single Duo set with.. Dark Wolf? and something else, i dunno what.

Either way, When I first heard about Battle Strikers I really thought they'd be copying beyblade as much as possible but now that I have been able to play with them, it's proved me totally wrong.
anyone else think the Metal XS Battle Strikers look sort of like Pre-HWS MFB's?
hmmm I with I bought a takara tomy beyblade now than when I bought some battletrikers :\
(Dec. 06, 2010  2:05 AM)Jaysus Wrote: Either way, When I first heard about Battle Strikers I really thought they'd be copying beyblade as much as possible but now that I have been able to play with them, it's proved me totally wrong.

READ THE WHOLE POST.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just saying, I realized some stuff that Battle Strikers has gotten from Beyblades when the Metal XS came:

Metal Fight Beyblades = Battle Strikers Metal XS <THIS IS ONE IS AN OBVIOUS ONE.

Xtreme Bey Stadium = Battle Strikers Ultimate Tournament Set Arena <ANOTHER BIG ONE

Beyblade Ginga Case (based off Anime) and Step Case = Striker Case

Bit Beasts and Constellation Monsters = Striker Soul (NOT MUCH OF AN ISSUE)

Evil Gemios = Firehawk (Well it's not that bad, but design is similar)
Dragoon Storm = Ninjitsu (Same thing, not much of an issue)

Weight Disks = Booster Rings

Flat, Semi Flat, Grip Tips, Metal Balls (Not much of an issue)

Wrench Tool = Tool (not much an issue)

Beyblade HMS Gimmick Specialty = Battle Strikers Mecha FX <YOU'll DISAGREE AT FIRST UNTIL YOU READ THE FOLLOWING:

Samurai Changer MS: It has a tip change ability to go from Attack mode to Defense/Endurance mode if hit hard enough.

Dragun - Can switch from Attack to Defense when the magnetic core is activated with the TRIGG.

So clearly, Battle Strikers are not a copy of Beyblades, but they either seem to have there ideas already tried with beyblades or the Battle Strikers Team seems to have a lack of originality.

THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY BATTLE STRIKERS ARE BEING CALLED RIP-OFFS, ALL THE SIMILARITIES AND HOW BEYBLADES WERE CREATED FIRST, ADDS ANGER TO SOME BEYBLADE FANS. Battle Strikers should try something beyblades haven't tried.

" Furthermore, besides customizable tops, there is not much copy ..."
There is a whole lot of copy!!!Stupid

Sorry for the long post, I just needed to get this of my chest so people wouldn't hate or love Battle Strikers or Beyblades in the wrong way. I don't hate Battle Strikers. I just which they could look at what Takara Tomy has done with Beyblades first before they test out things. I mean come on, Brad is there, so since he's the best blader and probably knows the most out of any blader, I'd expect that he'd know what he is doing or let the other people know what they should be doing.

NO HARSH FEELINGS. SORRY IF I'M TO "TOUCHY".

BATTLE STRIKERS ARE HURTING THEMSELVES IN THE LONG RUN. DON'T DO SOMETHING THAT'S SIMILAR TO BEYBLADES. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE HATE IT. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED A RIP-OFF BY SO MUCH PEOPLE.

GOSH.Angry

AGAIN. NO. HARSH. FEELINGS.
Yes, everything that is similar must have been stolen and we should boycott it because there is no way that it is possibly any good or better if it is in the least bit similar to a pre-existing concept.

Now excuse me while I go play Doom.
[/sarcasm]

Also, the concept of a spirit existing inside your maguffin of choice hardly originated with Beyblade.
(Dec. 09, 2010  3:57 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Yes, everything that is similar must have been stolen and we should boycott it because there is no way that it is possibly any good or better if it is in the least bit similar to a pre-existing concept.

Now excuse me while I go play Doom.
[/sarcasm]

Also, the concept of a spirit existing inside your maguffin of choice hardly originated with Beyblade.

I NEVER SAID WE SHOULD BOYCOTT.

I NEVER SAID IT WASN'T BETTER. OR WORSE. OR EQUAL.

BATTLE STRIKERS NEVER HAD TO USE SPIRITS. BS SERIES ONE didn't really have it. BUT IT'S NOT A MAJOR ISSUE. SO I TAKE BACK THE SPIRIT THING.

YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT I'M SAYING.

THE GOAL OF THE POST WAS TO SHOW WHY PEOPLE HATE BATTLE STRIKERS AND HOW PEOPLE ARE LOVING OR HATING BATTLE STRIKERS AND BEYBLADES IN THE WRONG WAYS.
And you clearly don't understand my point, which was to say that the origins of the idea are unimportant to the execution of the idea. Plus, the things you tout as key features of Beyblade have originated elsewhere.

Also, full caps does not make your argument more sound.
(Dec. 09, 2010  4:27 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: And you clearly don't understand my point, which was to say that the origins of the idea are unimportant to the execution of the idea. Plus, the things you tout as key features of Beyblade have originated elsewhere.

Also, full caps does not make your argument more sound.

Were Grip tips such as Rubber ever used with old spinning tops?

It's you who doesn't understand what I'm saying. read my last post carefully. The ones in capital letters are the ones you should pay attention to.
why are you typing in caps

why do you care so much

why are you so wrong
(Dec. 09, 2010  9:57 PM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Were Grip tips such as Rubber ever used with old spinning tops?
Yes.

(Dec. 09, 2010  9:57 PM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: It's you who doesn't understand what I'm saying. read my last post carefully. The ones in capital letters are the ones you should pay attention to.
They're all caps.
(Dec. 10, 2010  12:38 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2010  12:38 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Were Grip tips such as Rubber ever used with old spinning tops?
Yes.

(Dec. 10, 2010  12:38 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: It's you who doesn't understand what I'm saying. read my last post carefully. The ones in capital letters are the ones you should pay attention to.
They're all caps.

I meant the words in red.

(Dec. 10, 2010  12:38 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Were Grip tips such as Rubber ever used with old spinning tops?
Yes.

What about weight Disks?

Forget about that though, Battle Strikers could still be more innovative with their products, and because they used most of beyblades ideas, people criticize it. Beyblades brought back Grip Tips (Do you have any source for when that was brought into spinning tops?) and maybe BROUGHT BACK EVERYTHING SINCE BEYBLADES PROBABLY WERE NOT THE ORIGINAL MAKERS OF ENGINE GEARS for example. There are so many things beyblades haven't tried with spinning tops that Battle Strikers could use, instead of copying NOTABLE PARTS.

I for one think Battle Strikers are not bad, and although it is off topic a little I was just leaving this out there in case ANYONE LIKE ♥ SHOWS UP AND ACTS ALL NOSY.....
(Dec. 09, 2010  10:08 PM)♥ Wrote: why are you typing in caps

why do you care so much

why are you so wrong

Stay out of this. Angry
(Dec. 10, 2010  3:45 AM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Stay out of this. Angry

*raises eyebrows*
He's a moderator of this public forum.
(Dec. 10, 2010  3:58 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2010  3:45 AM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Stay out of this. Angry

*raises eyebrows*
He's a moderator of this public forum.

Yes, but he had nothing to do with our conversation.
(Dec. 10, 2010  4:40 AM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Yes, but he had nothing to do with our conversation.
If conversations are meant to be private between only two users, then they do not belong in public ... Moreover, ♥ is one of the Administrators of Striker Axis, he probably knows about Battle Strikers as well.
(Dec. 09, 2010  3:34 AM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Long, Ridiculously unnecessary post

Wait, who are you?

Nothing I put in my post was remotely aimed towards/in reply to anyone that's already posted on here. For you to assume so is laughable, as you clearly feel so incredibly strongly against a toy that you write a ridiculously long, mostly capital letters reply to someone that posted their own opinion on something.

Of course there are similarities, they're spinning tops, made of metal, that battle. If there weren't similarities, I'd be amazed and the design teams should be congratulated. However my point was more about the game-play and the feel of the actual game.. I went into it thinking "Oh, it must be a direct rip off of Beyblades, probably play the same only cheaper", then played with them myself and thought "Huh, these are totally different to beyblades, despite being metal spinning tops".

Pull your head out, realise people have different opinions on things, and don't do a long ranting reply to someone that didn't reply to you in the first place.
(Dec. 09, 2010  3:34 AM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: DON'T DO SOMETHING THAT'S SIMILAR TO BEYBLADES. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE HATE IT. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED A RIP-OFF BY SO MUCH PEOPLE.

So I guess Nissan has to quit because they're copying Ford and using wheels and tires.
I guess Mac has to quit because they're copying HP and using a keyboard and a monitor.
I guess Burger King has to quit because they're copying McDonalds because they sell fries and burgers.

Are you getting the point here? Just because things are similar doesn't mean that they're copying. If you even know Battle Strikers, then you know that the tops react much differently in BS stadiums rather than in Beyblade stadiums. This is why they're made this way. Tips, boosters, and weapons are much different than bottoms, tracks, and metal wheels.
(Dec. 10, 2010  3:45 AM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Forget about that though, Battle Strikers could still be more innovative with their products, and because they used most of beyblades ideas, people criticize it.

You also realize that there were spinning top games before Beyblade too, right? And yet no one accuses them of copying anything.
(Dec. 10, 2010  6:10 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2010  3:34 AM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: DON'T DO SOMETHING THAT'S SIMILAR TO BEYBLADES. THAT'S WHY PEOPLE HATE IT. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED A RIP-OFF BY SO MUCH PEOPLE.

So I guess Nissan has to quit because they're copying Ford and using wheels and tires.
I guess Mac has to quit because they're copying HP and using a keyboard and a monitor.
I guess Burger King has to quit because they're copying McDonalds because they sell fries and burgers.

Are you getting the point here? Just because things are similar doesn't mean that they're copying. If you even know Battle Strikers, then you know that the tops react much differently in BS stadiums rather than in Beyblade stadiums. This is why they're made this way. Tips, boosters, and weapons are much different than bottoms, tracks, and metal wheels.
Quoted For Truth.
(Dec. 10, 2010  6:10 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote:

(Dec. 10, 2010  3:45 AM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Forget about that though, Battle Strikers could still be more innovative with their products, and because they used most of beyblades ideas, people criticize it.

You also realize that there were spinning top games before Beyblade too, right? And yet no one accuses them of copying anything.

Beyblades are DRASTICALLY different from old tops. And If I didn't know Battle Strikers, I wouldn't know the names of every part. By the way, the only reason why I considered Battle Strikers to be a copy was because they're were too many similarities to a point in which it got funny. Nissan "copying" Ford's "wheels and tires" is a lot different since those are basic things a car needs. A spinning Top doesn't necessarily need a mode change type thing, like Samurai Changer MS from the HMS generation. Then Battle Strikers uses a similar thing with the striker known as "Dragun". Forget about that for a minute though. Let me just put it out here. Having similar things is not copying or is not an issue. It's just that the amount of similarities is too much to a point in which it seems like a copy but it's really not. Sorry I put out all that other rubbish before about "Battle Strikers could still be more innovative with their products, and because they used most of beyblades ideas, people criticize it".

Speechless

(Dec. 10, 2010  1:00 PM)Jaysus Wrote: Long, Ridiculously unnecessary post...

Wait, who are you?

Nothing I put in my post was remotely aimed towards/in reply to anyone that's already posted on here. For you to assume so is laughable, as you clearly feel so incredibly strongly against a toy that you write a ridiculously long, mostly capital letters reply to someone that posted their own opinion on something.

Of course there are similarities, they're spinning tops, made of metal, that battle. If there weren't similarities, I'd be amazed and the design teams should be congratulated. However my point was more about the game-play and the feel of the actual game.. I went into it thinking "Oh, it must be a direct rip off of Beyblades, probably play the same only cheaper", then played with them myself and thought "Huh, these are totally different to beyblades, despite being metal spinning tops".

Pull your head out, realise people have different opinions on things, and don't do a long ranting reply to someone that didn't reply to you in the first place.

Well, replies cause conservations. That's basically saying that I have no right to speak to someone unless they answer to me first. But they can't answer to me if I never replied, which is illegal for me to do, based on your last sentence. Sorry if I didn't respect your opinions since I sounded caustic in my first so called "Long, Ridiculously unnecessary post". In a sense it seems as if you're a hypocrite since you called my posts unnecessary thus meaning you don't respect my - Never mind. I never thought you're comment was laughable. But your opinion on my opinion on your opinion seems a little bit caustic as well, and in fact, your making me feel like a stupid dumba - carp by saying "as you clearly feel so incredibly strongly against a toy that you write a ridiculously long, mostly capital letters reply to someone that posted their own opinion on something." Yikes.
(Dec. 10, 2010  10:52 PM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Well, replies cause conservations. That's basically saying that I have no right to speak to someone unless they answer to me first. But they can't answer to me if I never replied, which is illegal for me to do, based on your last sentence. Sorry if I didn't respect your opinions since I sounded caustic in my first so called "Long, Ridiculously unnecessary post". In a sense it seems as if you're a hypocrite since you called my posts unnecessary thus meaning you don't respect my - Never mind. I never thought you're comment was laughable. But your opinion on my opinion on your opinion seems a little bit caustic as well, and in fact, your making me feel like a stupid dumba - carp by saying "as you clearly feel so incredibly strongly against a toy that you write a ridiculously long, mostly capital letters reply to someone that posted their own opinion on something." Yikes.

Can I just point out that there's a large difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion respectfully, and completely slating their post with a hugely long reply about how they're wrong in your opinion? Especially when their original statement of opinion wasn't at all in relation to your own? THAT is what I called unnecessary.
(Dec. 10, 2010  11:23 PM)Jaysus Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2010  10:52 PM)ShinigamiKing Wrote: Well, replies cause conservations. That's basically saying that I have no right to speak to someone unless they answer to me first. But they can't answer to me if I never replied, which is illegal for me to do, based on your last sentence. Sorry if I didn't respect your opinions since I sounded caustic in my first so called "Long, Ridiculously unnecessary post". In a sense it seems as if you're a hypocrite since you called my posts unnecessary thus meaning you don't respect my - Never mind. I never thought you're comment was laughable. But your opinion on my opinion on your opinion seems a little bit caustic as well, and in fact, your making me feel like a stupid dumba - carp by saying "as you clearly feel so incredibly strongly against a toy that you write a ridiculously long, mostly capital letters reply to someone that posted their own opinion on something." Yikes.

Can I just point out that there's a large difference between disagreeing with someone's opinion respectfully, and completely slating their post with a hugely long reply about how they're wrong in your opinion? Especially when their original statement of opinion wasn't at all in relation to your own? THAT is what I called unnecessary.

You completely insulted my opinion and slated it as well. Also, the posts were both about beyblades, battle strikers, copying, etc. You are a hypocrite.
I love seeing unnecessary arguments about opinions of the unoriginality of an item after it has been discontinued.