BD145 Testing

.. What have you been doing? Snap the track (145, not the disk) from the top down and it pops out without taking out the bottom.
oh, i dont have bd145.
this whole time i thought you have to take off the bottom...
ahahaha, me stoopid
I have not gotten my Hell Kerbecs yet ... You do not ? Every other "change gimmick" Track does not work if you have a Bottom attached to it, like SW145.
No you do not need to take off the bottom, or "performance tip", to switch modes. You do however, have to unscrew the face bolt.
great tactics good article i like it but what about a diffrent bey than lightning ldrago just saying.
(Mar. 07, 2011  6:21 AM)Hero Wrote: No you do not need to take off the bottom, or "performance tip", to switch modes. You do however, have to unscrew the face bolt.

So the disk part is undone from the top instead of towards the bottom ? That would imply also taking off the Metal Wheel, no ?
Yes, it does basicly the disk is wedged between the metal wheel and the track base
(Mar. 06, 2011  7:26 PM)Dan Wrote: Okay I doubt you'll believe this but it should be obvious that mid heights would not work. (It hits the empty space on Normal.

MF Lightning LDrago 125RF vs. MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145(Boost)CS
MF Lightning LDrago 125RF win rate: 3/10
MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS(Boost) win rate: 7/10
Boost win percent:70%

In that other topic where I brought up hitting the gap, this is what happens:

MF Lightning LDrago 125RF vs. MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145(Normal)CS
MF Lightning LDrago 125RF win rate: 0/10
MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS(Normal) win rate: 10/10
Normal win percent:100%

Though its obvious a lower height would do better against 145 so..
Test this Meteor and see what you get.

Will do all testing, MF Gravity Perseus D125RF, Vulcan Horuseus 90R2F, Lightning L-Drago CH120RF against MF Hell Kerbecs BD145CS (Boost + Normal Mode) tmrw.
(Mar. 07, 2011  2:34 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So the disk part is undone from the top instead of towards the bottom ? That would imply also taking off the Metal Wheel, no ?

You disassemble the Bey when it essentially becomes four pieces: the Face, the CW, the MW, and the Track with the Bottom still attached to it. Then from the top of the Track, you hold onto the Disk while pushing down the Track piece to pop it out of the Disk. Once that's done, then you can flip the Disk the other way around, so it becomes Boost/Normal Mode.

I hope that sort of clarified the workings of BD145 for you; I still maintain that this Mode Change is legal though.
If you have to use a Tool, then it is illegal.
Wait, can't I just tighten it with my fingers (as I already do) and just take it out the same way, making it legal?
(Mar. 07, 2011  11:40 PM)Dan Wrote: Wait, can't I just tighten it with my fingers (as I already do) and just take it out the same way, making it legal?

I think Kai-V's intention is that seperation of a Beyblade back into its component parts mean that it is not the same for official WBO play.
"If you have to disconnect parts", then ...
Then its illegal? I guess you'll have to make some room for new WBO Play rules... Just saying.
No, we will not change the rules ... That is why CH120 was good : it could be changed between matches without having to remove any parts. The mode you choose BD145 to be is another part of the strategy involved in Beyblade.
(Mar. 08, 2011  2:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: "If you have to disconnect parts", then ...

Okay now I do not agree with this. Are you trying to now say that beyblades with gimmick tracks can not be used if they can not be switched without taking off the bottom? If that's the case, that defeats the purpose of tracks like SW145. I feel that if the track can be switched then it should be able to as long as you are not taking parts from other beyblades and adding them on.
The rules have always been that once you choose your combination, it is final for the whole beybattle, you cannot take off anything from it, even if the parts are all the same, but not in the same position. This is also true with TAKARA-TOMY ...
(Mar. 08, 2011  3:10 AM)Kai-V Wrote: The rules have always been that once you choose your combination, it is final for the whole beybattle, you cannot take off anything from it, even if the parts are all the same, but not in the same position. This is also true with TAKARA-TOMY ...

So then does that make parts like SW145 useless even if it has a track switching gimmick? The combination is exactly the same.
If we ignore that SW145 is quite useless anyway, yes, I believe this is what the current situation is.
(Mar. 08, 2011  3:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: If we ignore that SW145 is quite useless anyway, yes, I believe this is what the current situation is.

I actually really like using SW145. I think that it is actually a useful part. It wouldnt be quite right to completely void an entire part based solely on the fact that a bottom needs to be removed to change it. The way I see it, as long as you arent removing the parts and then changing something on it that was not there before such as changing the bottom to something different or a different clear wheel etc, it should be fine to switch the track.
(Mar. 08, 2011  3:35 AM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2011  3:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: If we ignore that SW145 is quite useless anyway, yes, I believe this is what the current situation is.

I actually really like using SW145. I think that it is actually a useful part. It wouldnt be quite right to completely void an entire part based solely on the fact that a bottom needs to be removed to change it. The way I see it, as long as you arent removing the parts and then changing something on it that was not there before such as changing the bottom to something different or a different clear wheel etc, it should be fine to switch the track.

Hmm. well SW145 really has almost no competitive use anyways.
Wouldn't switching SW145 effect the way how it acts because Defense Mode has more Stamina than Attack Mode.
Now BD145 in Normal Mode prevents Low - Attackers form attacking but I don't know how it acts in Normal Mode so yeah...
Well I say that if it doesn't changes it's performance too bad it should be legal ,but since Kai-V said it wasn't then I don't know.
(Mar. 09, 2011  4:51 AM)HellKerbecsDog Wrote:
(Mar. 08, 2011  3:35 AM)Bluezee Wrote:

Hmm. well SW145 really has almost no competitive use anyways.
Wouldn't switching SW145 effect the way how it acts because Defense Mode has more Stamina than Attack Mode.
Now BD145 in Normal Mode prevents Low - Attackers form attacking but I don't know how it acts in Normal Mode so yeah...

Great Contribution Bro. Libruhhh

Anyway, as I said, seeing as it's not legal to change the mode once you've "selected it", generally, boost mode is more useful, given the huge stamina deficit of Normal mode, and the fact boost mode doesn't really make THAT big a difference defensively. I mean, yeah, 10-20%, but that's only good if you're opponent is definitely using a low to mid height attacker. I guess that's where deception and prediction come in, and seeing as many people aren't that confident with that (myself included, though I doubt I'll ever actually see a tourney near me), boost mode is probably still the better choice, seeing as MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS (Boost Mode) can outspin or KO most stamina blades, as well as defence beys (except maybe MF-H Basalt Bull/Aquario 230CS, that needs testing).
When you think about it, when a bey in Normal Mode gets hit hard the spikes scrape the floor and loses rotation so bad and I never seen Hell Kerbecs fight in Normal mode before ecept one.
It works the same as on any other bey using it in normal mode, as you should expect, if you're working with any sort of common sense or logic. Anyway, as for the effects, it's the testing, not your speculation, which counts, and seeing as we have testing, you don't need to speculate!

So, again: Great Contribution, Bro Libruhhh
Thanks man but you do know that BD145 goes past any other wheel besides Hell right ?