B-164 Random Booster Vol. 20 Curse Satan.Hr.Un 1D

I don't want to derail the topic. It wasn't necessarily lazy... it was just a huge bummer for many of us that wanted upgrades to our favourites. A lot of the layers used the gimmicks (or similar) of past Beyblades, so it wouldn't have taken too much for TT to just make the chip.

Would anyone have been upset with Tact Salamander, Flare Zeus, Naked Neptune/Jinnius (this one is a stretch)?

I'm happy they went back to formula with these random boosters.
Flare Zues makes a lot of sense. But I’d rather wait for a sparking Zues. If they make one, which I hope they will, or Atlesst make it a random layer collection
(Apr. 22, 2020  2:04 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2020  2:01 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: You’d be surprised how many people do. We can’t even say Curse will be bad (although I don’t think it will be that good) and Universe is gonna be interesting as well as 1D.

Universe does seem interesting, but I feel like it will have the same problem as yard and will be outclassed. 1D is a customizable chassis, so it might not fare well for burst resistance.

Being a defense type, the teeth will probably be better on 1D, and also for Universe, the ring is higher up and now free spinning. It basically solves the problems yard had.
(Apr. 22, 2020  2:35 AM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: I don't want to derail the topic. It wasn't necessarily lazy... it was just a huge bummer for many of us that wanted upgrades to our favourites. A lot of the layers used the gimmicks (or similar) of past Beyblades, so it wouldn't have taken too much for TT to just make the chip.

Would anyone have been upset with Tact Salamander, Flare Zeus, Naked Neptune/Jinnius (this one is a stretch)?

I'm happy they went back to formula with these random boosters.

I'm speaking irrelevant here, but what they should have done is switch the names for Cosmo and Flare, so we could have Cosmo Zeus and Flare Ragnaruk. Makes sense right?
But flare has the metal balls that increase the centraflugal force like the other Zues beyblades has. It’s like a standard, only makes sense. As Valkyrie has the signature 3 wings, Fafnir has the rubber, Longinus has the metal dragons, ect. It’s like it was made for a future Zues that never released
(Apr. 22, 2020  1:28 AM)Nitrogenic Wrote: This booster is kinda bad ngl compared to others, plus the prize bey is probably the worst Sparking bey

This booster? Bad? I don't agree.

Far bigger issues existed during Cho-Z, where their constant releases of heavy layers with lighter God and Plastic Gen Remake layers lead to a massive overreleasing of 11, 12, and 13 on Cho-Z layers to try and reduce their weights to align with these lighter layers. Random Booster 13 (Air Knight) is probably one of the worst boosters released, since it only had 3 beys that didn't use 11, 12, or 13, and of its contents only 3 beys had anything noteworthy for the competitive scene, maybe 4 if you stretch it a little and count the level chip on Forneus (which is helpful, but not really necessary).

Here, every single bey aside from maybe the prize (which has unknown performance still) has at least one meta worthy part. This booster is exactly what I want to see: Good parts scattered all around the booster so any pull has something to offer, a few parts that haven't been rereleased in a mainline product or haven't seen rereleases in a while, a generally good spread of disks, and solid color schemes.

Sure it's not perfect, but it's a darned good booster.
[Image: EWLS_6-U0AAsFRh?format=jpg&name=medium]
Now we're talking love the colors on this!
(Apr. 22, 2020  4:11 AM)originalzankye Wrote: [Image: EWLS_6-U0AAsFRh?format=jpg&name=medium]
Are you gonna unbox this on release?
https://twitter.com/masterblader_m/statu...48259?s=20
Naked Bahamut's Universe is yellow. Interesting color choice, it would have been nice to see a Universe in a more traditional defense-type green, but there's always a chance for that to happen in the future.
(Apr. 22, 2020  3:15 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: https://twitter.com/masterblader_m/statu...48259?s=20
Naked Bahamut's Universe is yellow. Interesting color choice, it would have been nice to see a Universe in a more traditional defense-type green, but there's always a chance for that to happen in the future.

For a second there I thought the Driver was Cycle due to the color choice.

So maybe awakening Universe would mean it can go on par with Volcanic and Bearing, right?
(Apr. 22, 2020  3:52 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2020  3:15 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: https://twitter.com/masterblader_m/statu...48259?s=20

For a second there I thought the Driver was Cycle due to the color choice.

So maybe awakening Universe would mean it can go on par with Volcanic and Bearing, right?

For lad if the sphere tip is also free spin probably. I don't know about awakening though.
[Image: EWNo_JKU8AIoEYI?format=jpg&name=large]
Still don't like the Bahamut chip for the eyes but eh, at least you get universe
I like it for looks.
(Apr. 22, 2020  4:31 PM)originalzankye Wrote: [Image: EWNo_JKU8AIoEYI?format=jpg&name=large]
Still don't like the Bahamut chip for the eyes but eh, at least you get universe

Ok, I'm also double-checking Curse Ring based on this picture, and it seems that the rollers themselves are attached similarly to how Glide's Stamina Wings are metal-riveted without any guard/protection.

Universe's dome tip seems to work similarly to Bearing's except it isn't on a bearing mechanism (so it won't free-spin as much as such, maybe it is more similar to Keep's). So if it isn't as loosely free-spinning, at very high speeds/power launches it may self-KO on flat launches. The free-spinning ring of the Driver might have the same carp LAD as Cycle, as far as I can see (since it doesn't seem to have completely smooth surface to let it slide around effortlessly)
(Apr. 22, 2020  4:11 AM)originalzankye Wrote: [Image: EWLS_6-U0AAsFRh?format=jpg&name=medium]

I love that merge driver, it might just be the camera, but it looks metallic, if I get this I am immediately putting it on slash just for the looks
(Apr. 24, 2020  3:14 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:

I love that merge driver, it might just be the camera, but it looks metallic, if I get this I am immediately putting it on slash just for the looks

Isn't that variable'?
(Apr. 24, 2020  3:41 AM)Xtend+ Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  3:14 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: I love that merge driver, it might just be the camera, but it looks metallic, if I get this I am immediately putting it on slash just for the looks

Isn't that variable'?

No, it’s Merge’.
https://twitter.com/masterblader_m/statu...04257?s=20 I don't know why but i dislike the glide recolor
Edit also if you want to make Ranjiro glide you have to buy another glide from b-161
(Apr. 24, 2020  4:04 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: https://twitter.com/masterblader_m/statu...04257?s=20 I don't know why but i dislike the glide recolor
Edit also if you want to make Ranjiro glide you have to buy another glide from b-161

Yup. Unfortunately no Wheel or Revolve in RBV20. So you have to pick up another GRg or buy the parts separately
https://youtu.be/ycRHKYKBeGY
Review by a Japanese guy and yes, the hemisphere on Universe is free spinning like the ring
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:16 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: https://youtu.be/ycRHKYKBeGY
Review by a Japanese guy and yes, the hemisphere on Universe is free spinning like the ring
Bruh, Curse Satan is 56 grams. That's light as hell.

Satan: 2.8 grams.
Curse: 8.5 grams.
Hurricane: 24.8 grams.
Universe: 8.7 grams.
1D: 11.5 grams.
Overall: 55.6
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:18 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:16 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: https://youtu.be/ycRHKYKBeGY
Bruh, Curse Satan is 56 grams. That's light as hell.

Seems like 1D and Hurricane hold back the weight some unfortunately.
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:18 PM)g2_ Wrote: Bruh, Curse Satan is 56 grams. That's light as hell.

Seems like 1D and Hurricane hold back the weight some unfortunately.
1S and wheel are good replacments.
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:51 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:44 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Seems like 1D and Hurricane hold back the weight some unfortunately.
1S and wheel are good replacments.

Yeah, it’s a shame 1D is going to be unviable, as I expect the teeth to be better than on 1S. But yeah, those two parts would definitely give it the weight it needs.
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:58 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:51 PM)g2_ Wrote: 1S and wheel are good replacments.

Yeah, it’s a shame 1D is going to be unviable, as I expect the teeth to be better than on 1S. But yeah, those two parts would definitely give it the weight it needs.
Maybe the shape of Curse would reduce bursting. But I cant see it outclassing Lord Spriggan and Left Master Diabolos.