World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Products (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Products)
+--- Thread: Product B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction (/Thread-Product-B-117-Starter-Revive-Phoenix-10-Friction)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Flame~Capricorn - May. 30, 2018

(May. 30, 2018  1:19 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 29, 2018  5:59 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Good example there!

I've done something very similar....put on a frame, but don't get that final lock into place. If it gets a decent hit, it will go.

My greatest fear with 12, haha....

Well, I cut the blades on the disc with a laser, so now it's safe to use it.

Now its also illegal for tournament play. Not that you would use it in tournaments anyway.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Frostic Fox - May. 30, 2018

(May. 30, 2018  11:23 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: See, the thing is that when Fox 'burst' the top would become a Beyblade in itself but in Pheonix, it's rumored to just have this ring fly around WITH METAL ON IT and just suddenly lay dead. Also, since it's heavy, it's gonna slide to the metal were THE DARN BEY IS(inferring that this is a defense or just a bey that deflects stuff and stays in the middle...). So yeah. I mean OBVIOUSLY you love this bey and have your own thoughts and opinions and I will 100% respect that but this is just my point. But none of this matters and is all speculation until those super hyper dudes on the CoroCoro Channel guys get the bey and at least give us test launches...

It's not that I don't see the reason behind what you're saying, it's that I disagree with what you draw from it. That's fine.

See, the thing is, I don't see any signs of having plastic ring with metal on it sitting in the ring being a huge issue nor worse than being attacked by 2 tops at once and having one fall over to be in the way. It's a hazard to both beys. Like Bunshin Core, I think it will have its share of drawbacks.

So yeah, I see why you say what you do, but I disagree.

Yes, we'll have to wait for more facts to determine if it'll be too much or not. The details will add up. We've had layers with gimmicks that were outright ineffective, so we just don't know for sure.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - g2_ - May. 31, 2018

(May. 30, 2018  3:59 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote:
(May. 30, 2018  1:19 PM)g2_ Wrote: Well, I cut the blades on the disc with a laser, so now it's safe to use it.

Now its also illegal for tournament play. Not that you would use it in tournaments anyway.
I won't, too light.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Adarsh Abhinav - May. 31, 2018

(May. 31, 2018  5:22 PM)g 2_ Wrote:
(May. 30, 2018  3:59 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: Now its also illegal for tournament play. Not that you would use it in tournaments anyway.
I won't, too light.

Any unofficial parts used are banned

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - BurstMaster - Jun. 02, 2018

Well for the wV example the ring would be shredded when the disk hits it.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - LordSpriggan - Jun. 03, 2018

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - SUGOI-KONICHEWA - Jun. 03, 2018

CrazyAries was right

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - sonyat - Jun. 03, 2018

Wow, looks amazing, and the gold version? Nice. Hype is definitely real. So it's looking like the outer part of the layer will indeed be the part to burst off. Can't wait for a more in-depth look at rP altogether! Very interested in the driver.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Brainofcthulu - Jun. 03, 2018

Even though the teeth had to be OK to bad for this to work, it is a r(i)P. But seriously, the gimmick might be very useful in stamina combinations if the slight weight change makes it that much more light. Or not. I am not too good with meta combinations. Though, the piece that comes off worries me a tad. I have experimented with this using Hasbro's  ripfire bey's, and the energy layer can do some damage. Though this little piece is way lighter. Either way, definitely getting my hands on this.
The disk and driver look pretty promising too.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - KnightPro - Jun. 03, 2018

This bey is cool!!! I did this on my Blast Jinnius thanks to CrazyAries

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - MonoDragon - Jun. 03, 2018

Revive Phoenix is a Defense Type right?

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - kjrules17 - Jun. 03, 2018

(Jun. 03, 2018  1:04 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Revive Phoenix is a Defense Type right?
I don't think we know yet to be honest. It could be a Defense or a Stamina Type, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Jinbee - Jun. 03, 2018

Yup, it's a defense type.

It's too bad the layer can't just be used without the outer bit haha, it would be a nice round compact layer otherwise. I would also suspect that TT would make the teeth on rP tighter than the locking mechanism of the outer part at least so the gimmick works better rather than instantly burst.

Also would've liked to see the gimmick in action without that dumb flashing effect.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - MonoDragon - Jun. 03, 2018

(Jun. 03, 2018  1:07 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Yup, it's a defense type.

It's too bad the layer can't just be used without the outer bit haha, it would be a nice round compact layer otherwise. I would also suspect that TT would make the teeth on rP tighter than the locking mechanism of the outer part at least so the gimmick works better rather than instantly burst.

Also would've liked to see the gimmick in action without that dumb flashing effect.

Considering it was up against a Left Spin opponent, looks like the outer part is indeed loose

(Jun. 03, 2018  1:10 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2018  1:07 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Yup, it's a defense type.

Considering it was up against a Left Spin opponent, looks like the outer part is indeed loose

Yeah that's probably the case, but maybe hS was spun slower and rP ran into the spikes that were on hS' layer.

Either way it'll be interesting to see how this performs, and if this does become used, I wonder if people would aim to try and purposely get rP to take heavy hits to activate it's gimmick as some sort of strategy, that would be funny.

And this beyblade looks absolutely beautiful too.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - kjrules17 - Jun. 03, 2018

(Jun. 03, 2018  1:13 AM)Jinbee Wrote: And this beyblade looks absolutely beautiful too.
I certainly can agree with you there. Same goes for the golden version of Revive Phoenix. That thing looks sick!

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Frostic Fox - Jun. 03, 2018

Alright, now we officially have Friction's abbreviation. The people who guessed Fr were right. Just wasn't put out, so wasn't legit until now.

And yes, it's a defense type. CoroCoro Comic said so in the June issue.

[Image: jQ0YkB1.png]

(May. 26, 2018  6:16 PM)TL14 Wrote:
(May. 26, 2018  5:46 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: My bet is that the outer part is like a friction slope ring with to open spots for it to fly out, and then the inner part has the actual teeth for the beyblade to actually burst. To me at least, that makes the most sense.

That's what I was trying to say. I sometimes have problems to express myself because English isn't my mother tongue. ^^'

Go you guys for your guesses! And CrazyAries for making an example!

(Jun. 03, 2018  1:07 AM)Jinbee Wrote: It's too bad the layer can't just be used without the outer bit haha, it would be a nice round compact layer otherwise. I would also suspect that TT would make the teeth on rP tighter than the locking mechanism of the outer part at least so the gimmick works better rather than instantly burst.

I say thank goodness it wouldn't be allowed to be used partially. I don't want to know the can of worms that would open up, haha.

Yeah, I think that was the point of the flashing effect, to mystify and hide what really is going on. They're just leaving us hanging.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - MagikHorse - Jun. 03, 2018

Sure, they left us hanging us with the explosion effect... and then conveniently zoomed in on the flying piece that left the stadium afterwards. It's like they're trying to hide their cake and eat it in front of everybody too.

Either way, I don't think we can really judge the strength of this gimmick based on this battle, especially since Phoenix was clearly spinning faster and they were using the Attack mode of Hell Salamander and Operate, and we all know how those suck. Way to rig the match, huh?

Interestingly enough, I don't think you're actually losing a significant amount of mass here when the outer edge flies off even with that small amount of metal on it, and that ring doesn't seem heavy enough to actually stay in the stadium for long should it not immediately fly out. On top of that, the revived Phoenix looks like it has a pretty good defensive edge that might help it avoid bursting a second time. This might actually work out well for our Phoenix friend.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - TL14 - Jun. 03, 2018

(May. 13, 2018  3:18 PM)TL14 Wrote:
Also what if the outer Ring of the Layer is locking onto the inner part of the Layer and gets blown off after a few hits and then the inner layer has to be bursted afterwards. That would make Revive Phoenix possible to only lose its feather ring and keep on spinning and survive the first burst without receiving any damage and change it's shape. It would be like a second life or a REVIVEal. Grin

(May. 25, 2018  1:07 PM)TL14 Wrote: My theory is that the outer Layer goes onto the inner Layer like Blast Jinnius. Because it's right spin it won't fly off when launched and when the Layer gets hit outer Layer rises on the slopes that are in between the outer and inner layer (and carved into the inner layer) and flyes off. That way it has to be bursted a second time to be bursted once. Because of this we would only have to deal with 1 loose part in the stadium which is significantly less than we would have with the Phantom Fox alternative. I know my English isn't perfect but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to explain. Smile

Yay. I was right I guess. ^^ Also huge thanks to @[CrazyAries] for making the Blast Jinnius mod. It really helped visualizing the gimmick of Revive Phoenix. Smile

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - BurstMaster - Jun. 03, 2018

I have an idea. The outer layer could have metal on it, and when the layer flies of it would have a chance to hit the beys bet and burst it

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - ultra destinus - Jun. 03, 2018

I really don't think this will be legal for any tournaments thanks to the gimmick.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Frostic Fox - Jun. 03, 2018

(Jun. 03, 2018  6:00 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: I really don't think this will be legal for any tournaments thanks to the gimmick.

What aspect of the gimmick has you thinking that?

Because from what I see of it, I think it will work just like Phantom Fox MS's Bunshin Core. Given that's legal in HMS, I think this idea would be fine. Just a piece of plastic and metal that flies around a bit, coming to a rest in or out of the stadium.

(May. 29, 2018  7:18 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Basically, same as Phantom Fox MS from the HMS rules:

Quote:If one part of the Beyblade using Bunshin Core stops spinning but the other continues to, the stopped piece must be left alone. The standard rules for touching the BeyStadium or a Beyblade during a round still apply.

That fallen piece of the Bunshin Core was deemed fine enough to leave, and I'm not seeing any reason yet to do different.

But we'll have to wait and see what happens, I guess. Not all the facts are on the table just yet.

(May. 16, 2018  4:36 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: This is Phantom Fox MS in action:

(Jun. 03, 2018  5:43 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: I have an idea. The outer layer could have metal on it, and when the layer flies of it would have a chance to hit the beys bet and burst it

Yes, if you read through the translated CoroCoro Comic, it seems to say something about that. See "Death-Defying #1".

I put it in here (Click to View)

(Jun. 03, 2018  6:00 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: I really don't think this will be legal for any tournaments thanks to the gimmick.

As this is intentional, it probably will be kept legal.

RE: B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction - Grey Bey - Jun. 03, 2018

do we know if the ball in the driver is free-spinning?

(Jun. 03, 2018  9:48 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: do we know if the ball in the driver is free-spinning?

Probably not, as they never roll the ball to see if it's free spinning and we can see the tip isn't spherical.