who thinks 2012 is the end?

Poll: is the end in 2012

yes
4.76%
no
95.24%
Total: 100% 21 vote(s)
i don't mean to scare anyone and don't call me a weirdo i just wanted to take a poll. i don't belive 50% then i do belive it 50%.
haha i don't even want to think about it
(Jul. 13, 2010  9:13 AM)majestic Wrote: haha i don't even want to think about it

sorry i didn't mean to scare anyone its just that my freind said i should take a poll cause i worry to much.
nah it wont,could be the begining of the end eg ozo burns out,but the world wont end
definitely not so early.
(Jul. 13, 2010  10:03 AM)momiji manju Wrote: definitely not so early.

do you mean the ozo layer?lol its gonna be burnt out within our life time but wont effect us for awhile
its stupid because in 1999 everyone thought the world was going to end but it didn't. btw dirge when you say the ozone layer is that global warming kinda stuff?
umm sorta?global warming is a carpin lie tbh the planets heats up and chills all the time,they only have records going back to the 90's or something so it doesnt prove much also the scientest doing the research have been proven to be lying and essiential theyre saying its real because theyd be out of a job if it wasnt.

I ment more like the ozone layer will burn out within the next 30years with all the chemicals in the air,i mean seriously deoderants contrubite heaps of it but i doubt anyones ever gonna stop using or producing them,but it wont effect life for awhile...

anyway i probs shouldnt get into this since its boreder line political discusion which is against the forum rules
Hah, there goes one of my arguments. =P

I guess the general point of this is: World will not end. Pollution sucks.
It's highly unlikely that the world will end in 2012...
2012 is complete and utter balogne. How the hell did a bunch of Mayians just happen to know the exact year of when the world was going to end?

What if for whatever reason a civilization now was wiped out and their calenders only went to freaking 2065 does that mean our society is going to die then?

I swear, this is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard about. The fact that even made a Hollywood movie also makes me facepalm.
There is as much of a chance as the world ending today as there is in 2012. So no I do not think that it will. It'll be about another 10,000 years or even more before the sun blows up.
MaxL: yes I agree, this idea is so much "stupider" than you. Only those of a high calibre may "facepalm".
I've seen a bunch of movies about 2012, including one where they said that the world won't end, but will change...Yes, they basically said it was a FACT that we are all going to become telepaths, in 2012 O__o OMG

No joke, they were serious.

I chose 'No' because...Well, what would happen? Like in the movie 2012 where there are earthquakes and stuff? How could the Mayans possibly predict quakes happening thousands of years after they're all dead? Uncertain
The mayans said that in 12 of december of 2012, a divinal judge will come to the earth, and that trial the humanity will decide the future, becoming a better society or stay in the misery and espiritual poorness, and the mayans had a extraordinary calendar better than we use actually.

I´m mexican and I know my history but I don´t bealive in that because going to ocurr the same like in 1000 a.c. in Middle Age Europe and in 2000 a.c.

But I´m not agree with Dirge, we, like human kind, are responsible of the pollution in consecuence we have an acceleration of the Earth changes, better known like global warming. Only another Earth change, but the unique difference is that we going to watch, feel and presence.
(Jul. 13, 2010  4:13 PM)|||Kai||| Wrote: The mayans said that in 12 of december of 2012, a divinal judge will come to the earth, and that trial the humanity will decide the future, becoming a better society or stay in the misery and espiritual poorness, and the mayans had a extraordinary calendar better than we use actually.

I´m mexican and I know my history but I don´t bealive in that because going to ocurr the same like in 1000 a.c. in Middle Age Europe and in 2000 a.c.

But I´m not agree with Dirge, we, like human kind, are responsible of the pollution in consecuence we have an acceleration of the Earth changes, better known like global warming. Only another Earth change, but the unique difference is that we going to watch, feel and presence.

Whole reason I don't believe in it. Divine Judgement is outside the fabric of nature.
(Jul. 13, 2010  3:41 PM)momiji manju Wrote: MaxL: yes I agree, this idea is so much "stupider" than you. Only those of a high calibre may "facepalm".

Excuse me? I'm not sure if you are trying to insult me or what. If you have a problem with me PM me and get it over with, honestly.
(Jul. 13, 2010  4:13 PM)|||Kai||| Wrote: But I´m not agree with Dirge, we, like human kind, are responsible of the pollution in consecuence we have an acceleration of the Earth changes, better known like global warming. Only another Earth change, but the unique difference is that we going to watch, feel and presence.

But how could the Mayans possibly have predicted such an event? With stars and stuff? Why would they leave us with the message of our inevitable destruction but not with the mean of seeing so far in the future thanks to stars?

Furthermore, how could the Mayans predict that humans, in the future, would bo so careless as to let the Global Warming go wild? There are just too many 'plot holes' here...
(Jul. 13, 2010  5:23 PM)Meruda Wrote: I feel this is relevant.

[Image: calendar+bizarro.jpg]

Lmao, totally.
Good lord....

I have a greater chance of sprouting wings out of my carp.
That´s not funny.

As well we are responsible of the global warming and if mayans predicted by any way ,they were an advanced community, it has the possibility to occur.

And I going to say something more crazy, Issac Newton said that the world will be destroyed in 2060
Libruhhh
Global Warming happens everyday, even in the Mayans' days. We may have speed it up but we didn't cause it.