what do you do with fake beyblades

(Oct. 10, 2021  5:36 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2021  7:21 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Fakes often have excess lead, both in the metals used and the paint. Lead is dangerous, especially if it causes heavy metal poisoning,  and battling fakes can release tiny pieces of lead-bearing material into the air to make it happen. Battling with fakes isn't safe at all, if you really think about it.

Well tell me this, lead is only dangerous if it gets into the mouth or nose, now the only way that’s happening is if the fake gets chipped right. So if we look at how strong a bey tip is you’ll notice that it hardly gets the lead pieces up to your mouth or nose. Basically beys aren’t strong enough to make chips just fling into the air. Also there has been no deaths related to fake beys

You're just arguing based on ignorance, even if there were no deaths to those fake products there's a reason why there was an investigation done by the Minnesota Department of Commerce. A child was found with health issues due to exposure to those knock-off Beyblade products, I don't understand the argument especially when it comes to health.

Go read up, and be informed, this is something serious.

https://kstp.com/business/commerce-dept-...d/5564087/
(Oct. 11, 2021  12:27 AM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2021  5:36 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Well tell me this, lead is only dangerous if it gets into the mouth or nose, now the only way that’s happening is if the fake gets chipped right. So if we look at how strong a bey tip is you’ll notice that it hardly gets the lead pieces up to your mouth or nose. Basically beys aren’t strong enough to make chips just fling into the air. Also there has been no deaths related to fake beys

You're just arguing based on ignorance, even if there were no deaths to those fake products there's a reason why there was an investigation done by the Minnesota Department of Commerce. A child was found with health issues due to exposure to those knock-off Beyblade products, I don't understand the argument especially when it comes to health.

Go read up, and be informed, this is something serious.

https://kstp.com/business/commerce-dept-...d/5564087/

to add onto this here's some more articles:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/a_to_z/le...ing-a-to-z

https://www.epa.gov/indoor-air-quality-i...ir-quality
(Oct. 09, 2021  7:21 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Fakes often have excess lead, both in the metals used and the paint. Lead is dangerous, especially if it causes heavy metal poisoning,  and battling fakes can release tiny pieces of lead-bearing material into the air to make it happen. Battling with fakes isn't safe at all, if you really think about it.

Well tell me this, lead is only dangerous if it gets into the mouth or nose, now the only way that’s happening is if the fake gets chipped right. So if we look at how strong a bey tip is you’ll notice that it hardly gets the lead pieces up to your mouth or nose. Basically beys aren’t strong enough to make chips just fling into the air. Also there has been no deaths related to fake beys

Lead poisoning doesn’t take place immediately after sufficient exposure. It’s not like if you inhale it that you’ll die on the spot. Some of its symptoms are subtle and may become more pronounced over time. You only exacerbate your exposure by continuing to handle the material.

The question is, why are you so passionately insistent on playing with knockoff toys that the risk of severe lead exposure is acceptable to you?

I'd love to see you prove that you haven't flung microscopic particles into the air. If lead paint on the walls can give lead poisoning without people eating it, then what's to say that smashing lead-bearing things together hard isn't going to cause the same thing? All they did was breathe in the vicinity, and last I knew you're probably breathing too.

You say they're not strong enough, but if the air alone can do it with lead paint then battling tops arent too weak. In fact, they're overkill.
i use guilty and try to see if they break
I eat them, yummy
I give them away to my nephews to utterly destroy lol...

Well, except one - a knock-off Brave Valkyrie that is actually pretty darn solid and faithful to the TT one. But I don't store it w/ my legit beys - it lives in fake bey purgatory.

(Oct. 12, 2021  2:21 PM)Haydenjhart Wrote: i use guilty and try to see if they break

Hm, the banned troll kid actually has a pretty decent idea here.
destroying a fake is a bad idea cause of lead particles