uh racing fans anyone

Since this is a off-topic fourm and there is no sports section, anyone racing fans?

NASCAR- Jeff Gordon

IRL- Danica Patric

F1- Ferrari Team

Super GT- Toyota Supra Team
nascar is literally garbage

also the only car show i watch is top gear
A sports section sounds like a good idea though
(Jan. 28, 2009  6:26 PM)Giga Wrote: A sports section sounds like a good idea though

Why? There's like four sports threads on the whole board.
yea..i dont really like nascar too and i used to be a "big" car fan.. (i still am but not as much)

i really like top gear too lol, my fav episodes are the ones when they showed lamborghini reventon and the one when they had the ford gt vs pagani zonda and the ferrari f430 =]

oh and i used to have dvd's of those japanese drifting, racing vids where they compare cars to each other..especially the ones where they show the drift king: keiichi tsuchiya =]
I went to the last 3 formula D events in jersey. Im not sure if you wana count drifting as racing but meh i think its cool.
(Jan. 28, 2009  6:24 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: nascar is literally garbage

By virtue of living in arkansas, stereotype dictates that I should disagree here.. but I can't, since what you say is pretty much true.

Indy and F1 are cool though, and drifting's sorta growing on me..

Oh, and Top Gear owns.
They're making a left turn! They're making another left turn! I wonder whats gonna happen next?!
I used to be quite a hater of nascar and while it still can be boring to watch, do not discredit those drivers. What they do is not easy, they are good. ovals are tricky to drive

anyway definately a racing fan, but now i have speed channel Grin so I'll finally get to watch some. too me its pretty much all good (except for lawnmowers).

While i think F1 is good, god i wish i saw it in the 1980s to 1996 or so. now theres so many BS rules and bernie ecelestone(sp) needs to croke, seriously f@*k that guy.>Unhappy greedy POS
WRC and Dakar get me pumped too. Drifting too, tsuchiya is OG

im not being very coherent, but ye man i could go onnn
lol I've actually seen some pretty badass lawnmower races
(Jan. 29, 2009  3:29 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: TURN LEFT DALE

NOOOOO
(Jan. 29, 2009  9:01 AM)Blue Wrote: WRC and Dakar get me pumped too. Drifting too, tsuchiya is OG

i heard from my friend that subaru is pulling out of WRC in 2009 or something like that

edit: he was quite depressed as he wanted to be on subaru's WRC team as an adult
(Jan. 29, 2009  10:47 PM)bugturtles Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2009  9:01 AM)Blue Wrote: WRC and Dakar get me pumped too. Drifting too, tsuchiya is OG

i heard from my friend that subaru is pulling out of WRC in 2009 or something like that

edit: he was quite depressed as he wanted to be on subaru's WRC team as an adult

yea i heard rumors about subaru pulling out too..lol

oh well...if they hadnt changed it to a hatchback, it wouldve been way better...
Used to be a fan of David Coulthard in Formula 1 though I believe he quit racing as he became a father. (you can correct me if I'm wrong)

I know it's a horrible thing to think but I do love to watch nascar crashes. Then I feel bad for laughing at their pain. schaudenfreuder anyone? =/
09 F1 season, Literally awsome CG video
gotta admit it's slick

I think Im going to catch this season Eee.
Slicks! More passing! this video alone has got me pumped now. KERS and the aero restrictions are huge steps.
dude no disrespect but nascar is just some cheap cars going around in a circle
(Feb. 18, 2009  12:12 AM)driger king Wrote: dude no disrespect but nascar is just some cheap cars going around in a circle

beyblade is just some cheap toy thingies bouncing off each other in a bowl
While I don't find NASCAR nearly as entertaining as other forms of car racing, I will agree that what they are doing is definitely challenging and is not nearly as easy as some people are making it seem. Try making a left turn at those speeds consistently. One moment of poor acceleration/ turn movement and balance can be thrown off, resulting in some serious damage and injuries.
(Feb. 18, 2009  12:12 AM)driger king Wrote: nascar is 42 heavy cars going around in a oval at 200mph
fixed.
man while it not F1, those cars aren't cheap.

anyway seems people managed to miss the awsome video link I posted, so for the new page:

OOOOH, shiny 09 F1 regulations, Thanks Redbull
Blue, that looks incredibly sexy.
I've been watching a lot of random rally car racing lately... I think it may be my new favorite.