tuning?

I recently heard tuning is now a frowned upon practise, I attempted to tune a blade and it didnt go well (resulted in the bearings being destroyed and it spinning for a grand time of six secconds) is it worth asking the correct technique, or is tuning now thought of as a beytaboo?
A lot of us consider it to be no different than modificatio, and we're talking about banning it. However, here's how to do it:

http://web.archive.org/web/2005030919415...aring.html

(Honestly, I think we hate it because we don't want to go through the trouble.)
so what exactly does tuning do for the blade? make it spin longer?
brandonk129 Wrote:so what exactly does tuning do for the blade? make it spin longer?

The axis can spin more freely, so the blade can take more hits while being able to spin and soften the blows from the other bey, I believe......
its a method of improving the performance of the ball bearing inside wolborg SG's
Fleetscut Wrote:its a method of improving the performance of the ball bearing inside wolborg SG's

not just wolborg, any bearing-based bey
I suppose it's a little clarification, tuning decreases the friction in the bearing- i.e. instead of the main energy loss being in the beyblade being at that point, rather than at the tip. When you use a smooth bearing Beyblade, you may see the tip not spinning while the rest is spinning- it can sit for longer and when it goes down, again, instead of having two hard surfaces to lose energy on, with relatively greater radius, it has a smaller and smoother surface in the bearing. It is not so much of reducing overall friction, but rather, changing the focus and thus behavior.
^^^ That should be added to the Wiki
Tamer Brad Wrote:A lot of us consider it to be no different than modificatio, and we're talking about banning it. However, here's how to do it:

http://web.archive.org/web/2005030919415...aring.html

(Honestly, I think we hate it because we don't want to go through the trouble.)

It'd have to be legal in the first place for them to consider banning it, so yes, Brandon (awkward), it is legal.
Can still remember before the tuning and bearing changing of magical ape was banned. That thing was damn near unbeatable..
That's why it was banned, I'm guessing.
(Mar. 25, 2009  1:07 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: That's why it was banned, I'm guessing.
It couldn't have stayed legal, it was an abomination against the game.
(Mar. 25, 2009  12:19 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: It couldn't have stayed legal, it was an abomination against the game.

I agree.
Wow, this thread was digged for no reason. The banning of tuning and seasoning was added a while ago, wasn't it?
Yeah....
(Mar. 25, 2009  11:44 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: Wow, this thread was digged for no reason. The banning of tuning and seasoning was added a while ago, wasn't it?
Under official BBA play though, it's still thought of as legal though, isn't it?
I mean, surely enough with the re-release of Beyblade, BBA tournaments will come back around,
and I'm guessing anyone who's young enough to compete in this tournaments will want to use tuned blades if there is the option to?
First off, we don't have any Bearing Tracks/Bottoms. Second, it'll probably be pre-fixed like Wolborg MS, so if you break the part to get into it, it's illegal.
(Mar. 27, 2009  1:16 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: Under official BBA play though, it's still thought of as legal though, isn't it?

There isn't official BBA play for plastics and HMS anymore.
it would be cool to tune legally to enhance bey performance like for pegasis trying to add a heavy weight disk that is small and can fit
That would be illegal though. And how is that tuning.
can you read i said LEGALLY ENHANCE PERFORMANCE and i just said a random example
(Apr. 13, 2009  3:49 PM)redace01 Wrote: can you read i said LEGALLY ENHANCE PERFORMANCE and i just said a random example

CAN YOU READ, AND UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS THE TUNING THREAD

Tuning is the de-greasing of bearings found in blades like Wolborg etc.

What you are proposing is illegal modification; parts from MFB are not supposed to be compatible with parts from older series. This should have been asked in the 'Ask a Question' Thread.
dang i am sorry i didn't know thats what it mean't i was wrong by the way what is de-greasing lol
De-Greasing is The taking off of grease on an object.