percy jackson and the olympians

Ok, havent seen a thread anywhere like this so here it is. just put down what you think of the series, im only up to titans curse and i know its a good read. if you coul please rate it 1-5, 1 being not a good read and 5 being best read ever. enjoy.
I've never read any of the series. Seen the movie though (apparently it was horrible compared to the books). But my brother was obsessed with it and practically read them night and day for two weeks. So off of what my brother has told me and the somewhat knowledge I have of the series overall, I will rate it 4-4.5/5
This should go in the Media forum.
This is in the wrong section and I saw another topic like this but I can't find it.

Marked for closing.
i hope you guys are kidding, i cant keep a thread open everyone keeps closing them and they have good topics too i dont know about you i want a whole bunch of replies like the build me a combo one
If you put the thread in the right place then you won't have any problems. Before making any more threads read the rules. That way you know what to post and where to post it. That way you won't get warned.
so your gonna close it?
(Mar. 03, 2011  4:05 AM)Nano Wrote: If you put the thread in the right place then you won't have any problems. Before making any more threads read the rules. That way you know what to post and where to post it. That way you won't get warned.

so you moved it thank you, i still hope i get a lot of feedback off of this topic.
I read Perseus Jackson and the Olympians and personally enjoyed the books, though this was awhile back and Scholastic isn't exactly know for good prose.. Movie was alright but honestly, I despise when people find out about things extremely late and think they are masters of it immediately.. Though unrelated to this topic.
ive read the first book and hated it its one of the most boring books ive read i only read it to see what people saw in it and i still dont know thats what i thought about it
Just finished titans curse(yes im posting on my own thread) id give it a 4.5/5. it was great but the other 2 were a bit better. plus readin 300+ pages isnt really bad if the series continues. #4 is next.
(Mar. 04, 2011  2:55 AM)shiny cthulu Wrote: Just finished titans curse(yes im posting on my own thread) id give it a 4.5/5. it was great but the other 2 were a bit better. plus readin 300+ pages isnt really bad if the series continues. #4 is next.

Really? I'd have to say Titan's Curse is probably my favorite. I read every single book, including the Lost Hero, and I've seen and own the movie. Gotta say, the movie was a HUGE letdown.
(Mar. 04, 2011  3:14 AM)RinAK212 Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2011  2:55 AM)shiny cthulu Wrote: Just finished titans curse(yes im posting on my own thread) id give it a 4.5/5. it was great but the other 2 were a bit better. plus readin 300+ pages isnt really bad if the series continues. #4 is next.

Really? I'd have to say Titan's Curse is probably my favorite. I read every single book, including the Lost Hero, and I've seen and own the movie. Gotta say, the movie was a HUGE letdown.

i dont know it didnt have the same feel as the first two, as there might be some really cool stuff it isnt as........... i dont know tense i guess and Thalia annoys me. as for the movie, havent seen it yet, i hope its not as bad as i hear.
Today was our library lesson in english and I saw this book picked it up and started reading it when i got to like page 15 i almost fell asleep but its an alrite book 3 stars.
I love this book so Much. I am really confused on why I read this but I LOVE IT!

Read the series 3 Times.
I've read all the books and I loved the movie.
But they came out with a sequel series and I'm only 1/2 of the way through of the first book.
Ive only seen the movie but ive read the first page of the book and closed it and never read it again.
(Mar. 05, 2011  9:10 PM)infinitystorm Wrote: Ive only seen the movie but ive read the first page of the book and closed it and never read it again.

Worst mistake you have ever made. The book is much superior to the movie, and will catch your interest by Chapter 2.
(Mar. 03, 2011  4:44 AM)Dan Wrote: I read Perseus Jackson and the Olympians and personally enjoyed the books, though this was awhile back and Scholastic isn't exactly know for good prose.. Movie was alright but honestly, I despise when people find out about things extremely late and think they are masters of it immediately.. Though unrelated to this topic.

I second this, Yeah, We are the real veterans of Percy Jackson, and then these people who watch the movie, Suddenly 'know everything' about the Book... Pissing off right?
(Mar. 04, 2011  11:24 AM)Chupa Chups Wrote: I love this book so Much. I am really confused on why I read this but I LOVE IT!

Read the series 3 Times.
Beat ya, Read it 8 times, Mainly because I was bored. Go figure.
the movie really isnt the same as the book, thats really sad, those people you know that thinks that probably didnt read the book so you should convince them to read it and find out how much thay really know about the book from the movie.
What I really loved was the last olympian. The final battle was totally epic. I just wish hyperion was alive more. He was totally epic in his only pages of the book. I just hope he isn't dead.
Hm, I read the whole series, and it is really interesting. (Mainly because I am very interested in Greek mythology because of it.)

The movie was .... Not to my liking.

I still have yet to read the Lost Hero, and I'm hoping it'll be good.
I love this series, and I can't wait for The Son of Neptune
This is TBH, one of my favorite series. I've been reading this (along with one of my best friends) ever since Sea of Monsters came out. I ABSOLUTELY <3 THIS SERIES! I'm waiting with anticipation for son of neptune, and I own every book except for Titan's curse. The movie was good in its own way, but it deviated way too far from the story to my liking. The books are just that awesome, I love this series soooo much.
(Mar. 13, 2011  4:46 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Hm, I read the whole series, and it is really interesting. (Mainly because I am very interested in Greek mythology because of it.)

I read The Hero's of Olympus: The Lost Hero.

Yeah I love spoiling people's mysteries.
(Mar. 13, 2011  9:49 AM)Electric Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2011  4:46 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Hm, I read the whole series, and it is really interesting. (Mainly because I am very interested in Greek mythology because of it.)

I read The Hero's of Olympus: The Lost Hero.

Yeah I love spoiling people's mysteries.

Well, technically the last part of the spoiler isn't entirely true. They haven''t actually checked there yet; its a highly possible assumption.