oooh pretty Grafitti

I made a switch from stickering to stenciling.

This is my first work ever.

[Image: 1002708yx3.jpg]

I get some underspray due to the fact that I didn't put the stencil completely flat. This is what I get for not using spray adhesive, lol.

Also, I will buy some Montana Alien and Montana Alien Poltergeist, as well as some Pocket and Micro cans. Right now I'm using Rustoleum (white). The green here is some random brand of can I found in the garage.

Surprising how there's little to no Krylon at Michael's and AC Moore.
Alice Wrote:A lot of grafitti - the kind done by teenagers who just like to tag carp - looks bloody awful. But, there's a really famous grafitti artist in Britain called Banksy. No one knows exactly who he is, but he has done some amazing pieces.

http://www.banksy.co.uk/menu.html

The outdoors section is the best.

OH! Now I understand! The other day at Border's I saw a book of graffiti called Banksy. It was amazing! All except for one piece, where he ruined a fine Italian-style statue. The rest however was fantastic. I want to do a little bit later in my life. Right now, I'm gonna stick with the totally legal bboying.
I love graffiti, but my opinions aren't popular with anyone who really knows what they're doing, I mean not for the same reasons most people like it. I love the detrimental aspect, destruction and ownership as an art. I guess its an off-shoot of my love for dystopian and futurist fiction.
once i get back on my computer at home i'll post up some masterpieces i have :B
i still dont see why we don't allow the discussion of pirating movies/games whatever, yet defacing public property is A-OK

bu bu bu bu its art
There's no reason for banning the discussion of either, really.
i just think graffiti is just something that shouldn't be glorified, since most of the time it IS breaking the law

make all of your pretty carp and do it when you have permission, otherwise you're breaking the law and thats it, in my eyes
Artie Wrote:i still dont see why we don't allow the discussion of pirating movies/games whatever, yet defacing public property is A-OK

bu bu bu bu its art

The only reason we aren't allowed to discuss piracy is because I believe there are hosting rules against it.

In other words, it could get both the board and the board's host shut down. The chances of this happening are slim, but still, its generally considered good practice not to allow it.

As for graffiti, I will admit that its a bit of a double standard. :\
we talk about piracy here all the time uhhhhh

also graffiti isn't illegal, that's like saying hey let's ban discussing martial arts since you could theoretically kill someone with it
Bey Brad Wrote:we talk about piracy here all the time uhhhhh

also graffiti isn't illegal, that's like saying hey let's ban discussing martial arts since you could theoretically kill someone with it

wow, are you really trying to make that comparison?

martial arts is a hobby, and when done properly no one gets hurt. graffiti, when done illegally, is just defacing someone's private property. give me a strong argument as to why people should be allowed to destroy someone's property.

it isn't a very apt comparison, at all.
Artie Wrote:

martial arts is a hobby, and when done properly no one gets hurt. graffiti, when done illegally, is just defacing someone's private property. give me a strong argument as to why people should be allowed to destroy someone's property.

it is an entirely apt comparison

the point you're making is essentially "when you do something illegally, it's illegal!" graffiti is about as inherently illegal as painting

i'm not arguing that people should be allowed to deface private property, i'm arguing that not all graffiti is illegal and there's no reason to not allow discussion of it

also, i honestly don't give a carp if some ugly-carp brick wall is defaced by legitimate artwork, illegal or not, and i'm not going to ban the discussion of it because you feel like throwing a fit about it

also, get out

i'm not going to let you carp up what is a perfectly fine thread with your whining about something that doesn't concern you in the first place
Artie Wrote:i still dont see why we don't allow the discussion of pirating movies/games whatever, yet defacing public property is A-OK

bu bu bu bu its art
pirating games/movies is always illegal

graffiti is not always illegal i would assume
Sam Wrote:

bu bu bu bu its art
pirating games/movies is always illegal

graffiti is not always illegal i would assume

correct

also there is a difference between "hey look at this artwork it just happens to be on private property" and "WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD FINAL FANTASY AND HOW CAN I INSTALL IT SO IT WORKS"

there's nothing illegal about talking about something that is illegal, in any case
Quote:graffiti, when done illegally, is just defacing someone's private property.

when martial arts are done illegally, brad said people die.

The comparison might be skewed, but if you're saying that graffiti is worse in any capacity then it doesnt do you good to mention the example is flawed in proportion.

The problem is graffiti has illegal connotations. Depending on who you ask, they might say that it doesn't mean illegal graff, but just graffiti styled or influenced artwork, legal or even commision tagging, etc
Bey Brad Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

it is an entirely apt comparison

the point you're making is essentially "when you do something illegally, it's illegal!" graffiti is about as inherently illegal as painting

i'm not arguing that people should be allowed to deface private property, i'm arguing that not all graffiti is illegal and there's no reason to not allow discussion of it

also, i honestly don't give a carp if some ugly-carp brick wall is defaced by legitimate artwork, illegal or not, and i'm not going to ban the discussion of it because you feel like throwing a fit about it

also, get out

i'm not going to let you carp up what is a perfectly fine thread with your whining about something that doesn't concern you in the first place

i understand your point, and my point is that isn't most graffiti illegal in the first place? does graffiti even remain graffiti if it is done legally, or under commission? isn't it then a mural of sorts?

and nice strawman on the 'ban discussion of graffiti". i was merely pointing out a kind of double standard in what now seems like a policy that doesn't even exist.

and okay, ad hominem attacks because i'm ruining a topic that until recently, hadn't been bumped in like 4 months
There are actually a lot of companies out there paying people to tag stuff as promotion.

Sony is one of them. Of course, they got sued for this recently because they had something painted as an advertisement on private property.

But really I don't see the issue with discussing graffiti, so long as no one is advocating the act of defacing private property. There's nothing wrong with admiring the talent graffiti artists have.
Artie Wrote:i understand your point, and my point is that isn't most graffiti illegal in the first place?

i don't know

Artie Wrote:does graffiti even remain graffiti if it is done legally, or under commission?

yes

Artie Wrote:isn't it then a mural of sorts?

it can be both

Artie Wrote:and nice strawman on the 'ban discussion of graffiti". i was merely pointing out a kind of double standard in what now seems like a policy that doesn't even exist.

there is no official policy on it, i'll stop a topic if i feel i might be liable if it goes too far, otherwise i don't care

Artie Wrote:and okay, ad hominem attacks because i'm ruining a topic that until recently, hadn't been bumped in like 4 months

not sure what the time period between posts has to do with this but ok
Roan Wrote:But really I don't see the issue with discussing graffiti, so long as no one is advocating the act of defacing private property. There's nothing wrong with admiring the talent graffiti artists have.

People can advocate whatever the hell they want as long as it's not causing carp or I'm not liable. You can't really use this site as a means to further your illegal graffiti tagging, but posting links to illegal software here does make me liable.
Roan Wrote:Sony is one of them. Of course, they got sued for this recently because they had something painted as an advertisement on private property.

only they never ask permission in the first place, haha

http://gothamist.com/2005/12/06/sony_getting_na.php

i'm fine with graffiti when it is done where you usually see (railways, overhangs etcetera). where i take issue is when some punk vandalizes someone's house or property, and claims it is graffiti/art
Whatever, this argument is stupid, just stop.

Talk about graffiti ffs.
kthx for the derail. Artie while it could still be called graffiti, that young punk is a toy, and most writerz will not hit private property ie house or cars. Some stores are grey area. But Corporation have it coming LOL.
I think I will start a speeding thread too.

It was bumped because I posted a link in the Hip-hop topic.

ok now for some pictures
[Image: 365442.jpg]
haha tricky to find this pic but I see this tower everyday at work.
Piece says GLOBE, I like his stuff had one across don river which I could see too, but some one else went over it.
also Eyes is up in many places
[Image: normal_525.JPG]
[Image: l_a4560b38b3589ff5a21c1e4655bd63fd.jpg]

lol it says taqo! fdw!

i dont have much pretty stuff due to me focusing more on writing than taking pictures.
hahaha jairo that's actually very pretty

and LOL that AT-AT is pretty awesome
I just thought this might be of interest: http://www.graffiticreator.net/ I found it last night and can't stop playing with it! Soooo pretty!

[Image: dancecopyle0.th.jpg]