new homepage

www.beywiki.com

tell me what you think

obviously still in progress
Looks good so far!

Just one minor typo I think:

Quote:Beywiki is the world's online Beyblade encyclopedia, written by skilled Bladers from all over the world

Should have the "by" in there.
Kei Wrote:Looks good so far!

Just one minor typo I think:

Quote:Beywiki is the world's online Beyblade encyclopedia, written by skilled Bladers from all over the world

Should have the "by" in there.

fixed
Did you change the font too? Maybe it's just me, but the font feels smooth on my eyes.
Yes, I changed it to Verdana to match the board.
I dig the new background image, too bad you can't really see any of it.
Haha yeah but such is the nature of background images! It was only done to add a little depth.
I think the front page is much better now.

I like the little update boxes, they're very handy.
btw if anyone has any suggestions they would be more than welcome!
Bey Brad Wrote:btw if anyone has any suggestions they would be more than welcome!

Having a image or something linking to the forums on one of the two bottom boxes would be nice. Right now it's only on the navigation on the left.
Kei Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:btw if anyone has any suggestions they would be more than welcome!

Having a image or something linking to the forums on one of the two bottom boxes would be nice. Right now it's only on the navigation on the left.

That's what I'm working on now, actually!
forums are on the homepage now what do you think?
Bey Brad Wrote:forums are on the homepage now what do you think?

It looks good but I think maybe it should be higher up on the page?

Where it is now its unlikely that most people will scroll down and see it.
there's not really anywhere else to put it

actually i could probably get rid of "message from staff" and stick the list of topics there?
Bey Brad Wrote:there's not really anywhere else to put it

actually i could probably get rid of "message from staff" and stick the list of topics there?

This could work.
i kinda liked it better the way it was before, but some people may not scroll down so I guess its good
The front page kinda feels like a database now. Great work, Brad.

The new background looks awesome, and I just love the whole feel of it. What's the "xxx" for at the bottom, though?
the xxx is just placeholder text
Bey Brad Wrote:done

Yeah I think that's much better because as soon as you load the page you can clearly see "Beywiki Forums".

Just curious, is there anyway for you to track the number of hits on the Wiki? I'm just wondering if the amount has increased lately since the announcement of the new series.
I can check the usage statistics when I get home, but I'm not really concerned with it haha.
Well it doesn't really matter, I was just wondering. lol

I'm curious how much the wiki is actually being used now that beyblade is coming back because its been sort of at a stand-still update wise lately.

I suppose what I'm getting it is that hopefully more people are coming to the Wiki and then in turn coming to the forum. We've had a lot of new members sign up lately and I was just curious if this was related directly to the Wiki or not.
I think that once updates to the Wiki become more consistent we will definitely see a surge of traffic. TBH while it is still under such a heavy development state, I think it's best if we don't see statistics; it isn't something we should be preoccupied with.