hello community...

hello there,

i'm new to the beyblade community and very interested in information about beyblades and the game.
my girlfriend's daughter infected me with the bey fever! she's 8 years old and loves beyblades. since i play with her every evening i was wondering if there are any tournaments or professional beybladers that mastered this great game and their skills and found this page and community.

i am 26 years old, live in europe/germany (frankfurt am main), working for a IT concern/group.
reading your forums spontanously for 2 days now and realy enjoy your forums, so i decided to register :)

hope i can learn/benefit from your great knowledge and get to know the hints & tips ;)

since i'm new to this, where can i get a shortcut list for your specific shortcuts/wordings? e.g.: HMS, MF, ....
is there any 100% source for the history of beyblades (i don't get this plastic/metal, beyblade/metal fight beyblade things...)

too bad the beys were spread in europe this late. i've got sooooo many questions and there's so much i want to know. maybe you can give me information about some realy good sources. sources for newbies ;)

btw: used the search function. but i cannot find answers to my questions, so i think reading the whole story of beyblades and the different systems, the differences between asia, america, australia and europe would be the best. hope you guys can teach me some :)

kind regards
kooma
Welcome! I don't think there's a list for the terms, but a quick, general rundown:

Plastics: The first season of Beyblade, aired in 2001 in Japan. The beyblades are made primarily of Plastic.
HMS: Heavy Metal System, the third series of Beyblade.
MFB: Metal Fight Beyblade, or Metal Fusion Beyblade, depending on where you live. This is probably what you and your girlfriend's daughter are using. The current season of Beyblade.

For the rest, head to the Beywiki; it has nearly everything you need to know!

For more specific abbreviations, click here!
Welcome to the WBO
Nice to see we have more members
Thank you all. Thought about some more indepth knowledge :)

(Jul. 15, 2011  9:21 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Welcome! I don't think there's a list for the terms, but a quick, general rundown:

Plastics: The first season of Beyblade, aired in 2001 in Japan. The beyblades are made primarily of Plastic.
HMS: Heavy Metal System, the third series of Beyblade.
MFB: Metal Fight Beyblade, or Metal Fusion Beyblade, depending on where you live. This is probably what you and your girlfriend's daughter are using. The current season of Beyblade.

For the rest, head to the Beywiki; it has nearly everything you need to know!

For more specific abbreviations, click here!

thank you NoodooSoup! ;)
yes we are using european Metal Fusion Beyblades. Pretty hard to get bottoms like WD, SD or good tracks. wheels are okay, we can buy nearly everything or all common wheels, but tracks and bottoms.. puuuh. hard! e.g.: earth eagle is sold out in every store. yesterday we found the last earth eagle in a store (after the 5th or 6th store) and the daughter freaked out... so the first 145 and WD is ours!!!!!!!!! hehe
there are no dedicated stores or stores that specialize on toys like that in my area. so I think best way to buy special stuff is ebay japan. shipping costs are fine and you get everything over there :)

pretty active forum, btw... good to see.
Hope you enjoy the WBO
Welcome.
Welcome to the WBO!

Try reading THIS.