.hack

Does anyone here like any of the .hack series?

I started watching SIGN on YTV a few years ago and loved it. I haven't gotten a chance to play the original four games, but I do have all three of the .hack//G.U. games and thoroughly enjoyed them. I actually just beat the final volume today, and I must say, looking back, it was worth every second I invested.

Now, I'm just going to try and beat the game 100% (never did for the first two volumes, but I thought that I would since this is the last one). Does anyone know exactly how you start the Forest of Pain event? And how you get Natsume? I'm sort of confused about both right now. =|
carp, I was gonna post this next.

*is a moderator on Bandai Namco's .hack//G.U. Forums* As a thanks for our work, they put the entire mod team into the arena in Redemption. Grin

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z24/L...8CVBS3.jpg
Love the first series, hate GU.
I must thank Brad for introducing me to .hack. I still remember that one time he was at my place after a WoW tourney, and he pulled out .hack//INFECTION. I was like, "What's this? A game about an MMO? Wicked!" And the rest is history.
All I played was Outbreak. I've played it a little, but haven't gotten too far. I've been trying to hold off to get the first one and start from there.
Ichida Wrote:carp, I was gonna post this next.

*is a moderator on Bandai Namco's .hack//G.U. Forums* As a thanks for our work, they put the entire mod team into the arena in Redemption. Grin

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z24/L...CVBS3.jpgp

Wow, really? Thats awesome! The link to the image doesn't work though. D:
What is your teams name? xD Can I battle them in Survival/Limit Battles?
"Super Mod Squad." Our levels are fixed at 124, which bites, and I hate they made Vis, a WARLOCK, our leader, which makes us even easier to defeat.
Ichida Wrote:"Super Mod Squad." Our levels are fixed at 124, which bites, and I hate they made Vis, a WARLOCK, our leader, which makes us even easier to defeat.

I'll be sure to pwn you guys in the future. Smile

And you didn't have the choice of what class you wanted to be? Or did they just randomly assign one of you as the leader?
I got to pick everything for my character. I wasn't told who was going to be the leader though. I didn't say anything because Steam Gunners' defense isn't too much better.
Ichida Wrote:I got to pick everything for my character. I wasn't told who was going to be the leader though. I didn't say anything because Steam Gunners' defense isn't too much better.

Aah, ok.

Have you beaten Vol.3 yet?
Beat it two days after it came out. Currently at floor 55 of Forest of Pain.
im slowly making my way through vol 3. though i dont have much time to play T-T
Legend of the Twilight Bracelet pwn'd..

I loved that.

Hated SIGN, don't much care for the games that much.
I got into .hack through the anime, which I started watching the week it debuted in Japan. >>
ya LotT was good. i liked the manga better then the anime though. and SIGN did suck. way to boring. ROOTS wasnt to bad but it was still a bit slow and boring
SIGN didn't suck. SIGN was awesome. It never pretended to be an action show. It was a sci-fi psychological drama.
it just put me to sleep. usually i dont mind the psychological stuff its just i could never sit through SIGN
Tamer Brad Wrote:SIGN didn't suck. SIGN was awesome. It never pretended to be an action show. It was a sci-fi psychological drama.

I agree. True SIGN wasn't a lot of action, but it was pretty good. I have the box set of it.
//SIGN was also about the subtle romance/friendship between Tsukasa and Subaru, and how they both had to overcome their own faults. Tsukasa with his loneliness and the whole Aura/Morganna situation, and Subaru of her duty, which had slowly made her too dependent and a slave of her own knights, even though it was independence she sought.
Ichida Wrote://SIGN was also about the subtle romance/friendship between Tsukasa and Subaru, and how they both had to overcome their own faults. Tsukasa with his loneliness and the whole Aura/Morganna situation, and Subaru of her duty, which had slowly made her too dependent and a slave of her own knights, even though it was independence she sought.

they were lesbians
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ichida Wrote://SIGN was also about the subtle romance/friendship between Tsukasa and Subaru, and how they both had to overcome their own faults. Tsukasa with his loneliness and the whole Aura/Morganna situation, and Subaru of her duty, which had slowly made her too dependent and a slave of her own knights, even though it was independence she sought.

they were lesbians

AWESOME
Tamer Brad Wrote:

they were lesbians

*points to emboldened words*

Plus, you have to factor in that for half the series they thought Tsukasa was a guy IRL.
They met each other at the end though, and they didn't seem to mind.