.hack

Well, in LoTB, Shugo and Rena have a not-so-subtle relationship. (They do get close a few times)

And they're brother and sister..
TOP THAT SIGN! I doubt you can....
>_>
SereneCrimson Wrote:Well, in LoTB, Shugo and Rena have a not-so-subtle relationship. (They do get close a few times)

And they're brother and sister..
TOP THAT SIGN! I doubt you can....
>_>

alternate conspiracy theory: they're brother and sister and they care about each other a lot

alternate conspiracy theory #2: it's japanese, how surprised are you really?
Ichida Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ichida Wrote://SIGN was also about the subtle romance/friendship between Tsukasa and Subaru, and how they both had to overcome their own faults. Tsukasa with his loneliness and the whole Aura/Morganna situation, and Subaru of her duty, which had slowly made her too dependent and a slave of her own knights, even though it was independence she sought.

they were lesbians

*points to emboldened words*

Plus, you have to factor in that for half the series they thought Tsukasa was a guy IRL.
They thought there was a possibility of Tsukasa being a girl around episode 4~5, which is pretty early...Bear was the one that researched this possibility in real life.

I absolutly love the voice actors for the English games of GU! I think they suit them all really well!
For my money, Yuri Lowenthal is the most talented english voice actor I've ever heard. Especially the scene in Redemption where he chews out Ovan right before Rebirth activates. He's yelling and crying at the same time so fiercely and you can just hear the indistinguishable mix of rage, sorrow, fear, and loneliness.

Oh, and he has one POWERFUL yell, as we've seen throughout //G.U., XDD.
"i guess ill go check my email or something" - i swear if he says that one more time ill kick him. thats the most annoying line in the game

"oh no haseo some crazy stuff just happened! what are you gunna do?" "...i guess ill go check my email or something"
That was the most aggravating thing about GU. You never felt like you were Haseo. This is where the first series shines.
Ichida Wrote:For my money, Yuri Lowenthal is the most talented english voice actor I've ever heard. Especially the scene in Redemption where he chews out Ovan right before Rebirth activates. He's yelling and crying at the same time so fiercely and you can just hear the indistinguishable mix of rage, sorrow, fear, and loneliness.

Oh, and he has one POWERFUL yell, as we've seen throughout //G.U., XDD.

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

*breaks page formatting*

One of the perks to cosplaying Haseo, I think. ;D

But yes, Yuri is loooove. ;_; Though it was weird hearing him voice Haseo because right before I started playing the G.U. games, I played Tales of the Abyss, and he voiced Luke in that. So for a good chunk of the way through .hack I was like, "WHY IS LUKE'S VOICE COMING OUT OF HASEO D:". Same deal with Kuhn and Endrance and their ToA counterparts. TOO WEIRD.
Woo, beat all the Chaotic PKs today and got Natsume for my party.

Ichida, could you explain to me exactly how to get to the Forest of Pain? I've beaten the game, and have seen no new posts in the Community Forum about it (thats whats supposed to happen, from what I can understand). Is there something you have to do to trigger the event?
Kei Wrote:Ichida, could you explain to me exactly how to get to the Forest of Pain? I've beaten the game, and have seen no new posts in the Community Forum about it (thats whats supposed to happen, from what I can understand). Is there something you have to do to trigger the event?

Go through all the parts of the Abyss Quest. The quests that led to Cernunnos and The One Sin in volumes 1 and 2, where you see those little demon mages in monster-less dungeons.,
Ichida Wrote:
Kei Wrote:Ichida, could you explain to me exactly how to get to the Forest of Pain? I've beaten the game, and have seen no new posts in the Community Forum about it (thats whats supposed to happen, from what I can understand). Is there something you have to do to trigger the event?

Go through all the parts of the Abyss Quest. The quests that led to Cernunnos and The One Sin in volumes 1 and 2, where you see those little demon mages in monster-less dungeons.,

What is that exactly? I never did either of those in the first two volumes. Dx
Side bosses with a lot of questing setup.
I just completed it. My eyes feel so cracked D: I only planned on playing 1-2 hours of it today but it ended up being 6pm-10pm.

It was such a nice ending where Haseo chose Atoli - then the main theme songs begin, that kind of stuff really gives me tingles. Smile
Agitation Wrote:It was such a nice ending where Haseo chose Atoli - then the main theme songs begin, that kind of stuff really gives me tingles. Smile

I feel the same way. Smile Although, there is still a lot of things I don't understand. I think thats a good thing in this situation though, for me at least.

Oh yes, I finally figured out how to get to the Forest of Pain! I got so confused lol, but I eventually found the thread that has the first area words.
Agitation Wrote:Oh yeah if you haven't watched the OAV yet for the ending of GU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hYtXg_2UJo8

I actually just watched that last night, interesting.
Agitation Wrote:It was such a nice ending where Haseo chose Atoli - then the main theme songs begin, that kind of stuff really gives me tingles. Smile

some of the other endings are quite halarious though. like the one where he chooses to marry Pi instead, or endrance! theres one for almost every character
The Max Affection Events, yeah. XDDD

Here's a few of the better ones, for those who don't mind spoilers:
Haseo marries Alkaid
Haseo marries Atoli
Haseo marries Endrance
Haseo marries Pi
Haseo marries Shino
Making my way through the FoP. I'm at block 40 right now, here I come Tabby!
I really love this game again thx to Ichida I was able to see this game and play it watching the wedding sequence of Haseo and Endrance was funny and seeing Endrance in a wedding dress *shudders* it was creepy, but the funniest part was seeing Atoli go NOOOOOOOO HASEOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I laughed hard. the great thing I love about G.U. is of course.............REN-GEKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol say it all the time.
hangeki are better
Beat the FoP yesterday; it took such a long time, even with Cat Whiskers equipped on one of my party members. The final scene made it all worth it though. (:
if the scene isnt some scantily clad girl giving Haseo a hug then i'd say the scene isnt worth going through 100 floors of monsters
Fleetscut Wrote:if the scene isnt some scantily clad girl giving Haseo a hug then i'd say the scene isnt worth going through 100 floors of monsters

Have you even seen what happens at the end of the FoP? If you haven't spoiled yourself by watching it on Youtube or something already, go beat the FoP, it really is worth it.

Also, if you don't like fighting the monsters, just get the Cat Whiskers item I mentioned. It makes monsters unable to see you and you can just run by and fight the bosses every five blocks.
Holy carp, I hate Endrance even more than before.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Holy carp, I hate Endrance even more than before.

Why is that?