gK break

I was testing out a guardian kerbeys combo when I had discovered something 

[Image: 9]

my gK has broken.
I've broken at least two of mine, sadly one of them being my only RLC version. I hardly use the layer mostly because of that breakage problem.
(Apr. 27, 2018  7:32 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I've broken at least two of mine, sadly one of them being my only RLC version. I hardly use the layer mostly because of that 
The layer that broke for me was the 3on3 booster version. R.I.P gK
(Apr. 28, 2018  12:33 PM)Bersilus Wrote: How did it break?

Yeah, any pics?
(Apr. 28, 2018  1:35 PM)V2KX Wrote: pics?

Don't do One-Word posts. Just like my post.
You can see the picture's address if quote post to Reply.

I was interested to see it too, because meny people report gK's break, but that did not look to me like having weak spots.

Here's visible picture.

[Image: 33emt5y.jpg]
Both my gK layers broke in the exact same chain, being the one on the bottom opposite to the flat dog head, and the exact same part of the chain it broke.
Is this a common breakage? I hope my gK doesn't break
I was testing a combo. gK G At. I was testing it against lS 4M X. After the 4th battle I noticed gK was moving around a lot more then it was in the previous rounds. I picked up gk and noticed part of the chain was missing.

I have my theory's though. I think since the chain is made of POM, it would be more brittle.
"But what about Yielding. It's made of POM". There is a lot more POM in one area on the Yielding driver, making it more sturdy. gK's chain is a lot thinner and has a lot less POM in one area then Yielding.

(Apr. 28, 2018  2:21 PM)iiggoor Wrote: You can see the picture's address if quote post to Reply.

I was interested to see it too, because meny people report gK's break, but that did not look to me like having weak spots.

Here's visible picture.

[Image: 33emt5y.jpg]

Just for later use. How did you get the picture to show.
(Apr. 28, 2018  8:10 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: Just for later use. How did you get the picture to show.

There is small up arrow right to Post Reply button.
When click Previev Post tollbar with several tools will appear. One of them is Insert an image.

Also, you need .jpg format image to post. I got it by right click to picture and View Image
This is an accurate representation of what happened

[Image: view?usp=sharing]

I think I got it right

(Apr. 28, 2018  10:38 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: This is an accurate representation of what happened

[Image: view?usp=sharing]

I think I got it right

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: fa2as8.jpg]" />
(Apr. 28, 2018  8:10 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: I have my theory's though. I think since the chain is made of POM, it would be more brittle.
"But what about Yielding. It's made of POM". There is a lot more POM in one area on the Yielding driver, making it more sturdy. gK's chain is a lot thinner and has a lot less POM in one area then Yielding.
Well, I'm pretty sure it isn't POM. I think it's just regular plastic that has room to move around, supposedly reducing recoil.
(Apr. 29, 2018  12:50 AM)ptf606 Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2018  8:10 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: I have my theory's though. I think since the chain is made of POM, it would be more brittle.
Well, I'm pretty sure it isn't POM. I think it's just regular plastic that has room to move around, supposedly reducing recoil.

This should be looked into.

I found it. The material isn't pom, but a softer plastic. This would explain the breaks
(Apr. 28, 2018  1:39 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2018  1:35 PM)V2KX Wrote: pics?

Don't do One-Word posts. Just like my post.

Just like your post? Lol
(May. 13, 2018  5:21 PM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2018  1:39 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Don't do One-Word posts. Just like my post.

Just like your post? Lol

Oh man, I didn't mean it in that context. I put a post saying the same thing and it wasn't a OWP like 15mins before him(I say him because he has confirmed that he's a boy) so he can Luke my post to say that he tags along with that idea.
Speaking of this thread. My recent gK had one of it's chains about to break, where a crack was 90% through the chain, but thankfully I had a three sided screwdriver to replace the chain with the one intact one from my other broken gK. It's illegal probably, but the chain is exactly the same orange one and it was simply just swapping out a breaking one with a spare fixed one.

I honestly hate how easy these chains can break because I do really like this layer a lot.
(May. 13, 2018  7:19 PM)Jinbee Wrote: It's illegal probably, but the chain is exactly the same orange one and it was simply just swapping out a breaking one with a spare fixed one.
I thought replacing a part with the same part was legal?
(May. 13, 2018  11:03 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 13, 2018  7:19 PM)Jinbee Wrote: It's illegal probably, but the chain is exactly the same orange one and it was simply just swapping out a breaking one with a spare fixed one.
I thought replacing a part with the same part was legal?

I could very well be wrong about it and as long as the chain was the same colour and is exactly the same, I think it should be legal, but I don't know. I've heard it was illegal at least.