25.00%
Total: 100% 28 vote(s)
what do you think is better ds or psp
psp vs ds
ds lite vs psp slim
dsi vs psp 3000
i like the ds best
Both

They each have their good and bad points.
I like both of the actual systems quite a lot, but when it comes down to selection of games, the DS wins hands down.
Depends on what games you are looking for. Check out some game forums or game review sites and see what kind of games tend to get the top score. Pick the one that has software more suited to your needs.

But if you are looking for personal opinion (which I know you are), I would have to say the DS. I enjoy the games it has.
I love the ds I never liked the Sony company much and all my favorite games are on the ds :}
PSP games don't really appeal to me. DS has lots of cute, silly games. I'm not really looking for graphic quality when I play hand held games, I'd rather just play something fun.
To be honest the DS has more games that I would want to play. The PSP doesn't compare in the end to the DS.
Wow, nothing but DS love here!
LOL wow, PSP is getting curb stomped in this poll.
I haven’t played the with a PSP much but they’re pretty sleek. I love the screens. However, even the idea of carrying CDs around with me makes me shiver and being as I’m pretty much a DS fangirl, gonna have to go with the DS. XD
I have both, depends what kind of game I want to play. But I can't choose between them.
Ahaha, how did I know that Blue would be the lone vote for PSP? Tongue_out_wink
People don't tend to use the PSP for anything except piracy and emulation. I know like... 1 person who uses the discs and the rest just download the games and/or play N64 games and PS2 games etc. on it...

PSP emulation > DS emulation
DS retail > PSP retail
Everything > DSi

Seriously, they remove the GBA slot for a camera and MP3 functionality? How will I play guitar hero and stuff? How will I transfer Pokemon to diamond from the GBA games? Q.Q
I know more people who use the DS for 'piracy and emulation' than the PSP. :\ But then again, I don't know all too many people who own a PSP..........still, I'd say the numbers who download stuff are about even.

And I'm totally not including the DSi in my opinions. It's not even a DS in my mind. ^^;
Interesting, is it possible to get N64 or PS1 games to run on DS? I've never tried.

Also, has anyone tested how carp the camera is on DSi yet?
(Apr. 02, 2009  4:45 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Seriously, they remove the GBA slot for a camera and MP3 functionality? How will I play guitar hero and stuff? How will I transfer Pokemon to diamond from the GBA games? Q.Q

This is the same argument as GBA -> DS. How will I play Kirby tilt N' tumble T_T Just hold on to your old DS? The DSi isn't really a huge system upgrade, people will still use their regular DS for years to come.
Pikachao, seriously shut up with your blatant DSi hate. It's annoying as hell. If you want more information on the system and it's features, go look it up. There are all kinds of articles out about the camera and the MP3 functionality on various sites.
(Apr. 02, 2009  5:23 PM)Roan Wrote: Pikachao, seriously shut up with your blatant DSi hate. It's annoying as hell. If you want more information on the system and it's features, go look it up. There are all kinds of articles out about the camera and the MP3 functionality on various sites.

I never said I hate it. o.O
Pikachao Wrote:PSP emulation > DS emulation
DS retail > PSP retail
Everything > DSi

Seriously, they remove the GBA slot for a camera and MP3 functionality? How will I play guitar hero and stuff? How will I transfer Pokemon to diamond from the GBA games? Q.Q

Pikachao Wrote:Also, has anyone tested how carp the camera is on DSi yet?

You didn't have to explicitly say it -- it was all over in your posts. This isn't the thread for that carp in the first place. At this point you're just trolling for the sake of it and it's annoying.
(Apr. 02, 2009  6:17 PM)Roan Wrote: You didn't have to explicitly say it -- it was all over in your posts. This isn't the thread for that carp in the first place. At this point you're just trolling for the sake of it and it's annoying.

"DS retail > PSP retail"

Yeah sure, that says it.

Also, no offence, but I wasn't trying to troll or anything and you just randomly start arguing with me like that? I did find that a little annoying.
(Apr. 02, 2009  5:04 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Interesting, is it possible to get N64 or PS1 games to run on DS? I've never tried.

Also, has anyone tested how carp the camera is on DSi yet?

I've never seen any N64 or PS1 emulators for the DS but I imagine it's possible. In any case, I haven't exactly been looking for them so I guess they could exist and I've just never seen them before.

Doesn't Crimson have a DSi? I'm sure she posted some pictures taken with the camera.........I remember it being much better than I thought it would be but I'd still rather use my phone or an actual camera. XD Still, I guess it's good if you have nothing else at hand.
(Apr. 02, 2009  5:04 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Interesting, is it possible to get N64 or PS1 games to run on DS? I've never tried.

Not possible; emulating software requires hardware significantly more powerful than the original system. There are enough problems getting GBA roms (with the need for a slot 1 and 2 card) to work on a DS.

I don't want to delve too much into this topic. It's sketchy grounds. There are plenty of sites on the net which provide detailed explanations on the subject matter.
Yup, I've had a DSi since the first week of their Japanese release.

As for the camera quality, Look at basically every photo I ever post.
My pictures are pretty much always taken with the DSi Camera (Since I usually have my DS on me)
My TV
Sagittario 145S
Those are exactly the size photos are taken off of my SD card at, no editing.

as for my vote, easily DS.
[Image: HNI_0073.jpg]
That's not even my full DS collection, I can count my PSP games on one hand.
If those are £20 each that's like well over £500 of DS games. Woah! (loving the plushies)

The camera looks OK but it seems it's optimised for DS sizing. =]