banners of..stuff

I learning how to use photoshop so I practiced with making banners and what not

The one with the church I'm doing for part of my art work. Some people may not like it, but I wanted to show surreal and realism. I guess surreal of that picture would be that the fire and the dark sky, while the realism is the church building its self
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

How long have you been working with digital imaging? Anyway, try to have a main focal point. If you wish to have multiple focal points in your image, make it more clearly defined; the first two (involving kai) are very diffused. Also, match the colours. Don't throw in lens flares unless it can really be brought out effectively. Cutting of images can be cleaner, also, do some smudging on the flames. It's too rigid currently.

There's a lot that can be mentioned, but everything comes with practice. Take time in life to pay attention to how light falls on objects, reflects off objects, how objects interact with each other and so on. This will help you when doing any art. All the best~!
Nods. Okay, I don't know how to make the fire less rigid. But it looks like fire. I only recently started to use photoshop. The first time I used it I was like "bloody background, unlock UNLOCK!" But now I kinda know the basics of what tools do.

With the kai banner I didn't know what to do (since it was the first kai banners I have ever done) So I just went with it. But you say I need a main focus point, so like if I use 1 image of Kai, that would be okay.

On the re4 banner I was experimenting and I just like lens flare so I used it.

Practice makes perfect, wahahahaha more time to experiment!
How did you get photoshop anyway? And I can get it for free can't I?
Amy-chan gave me a disc with all the downloading carp for photoshop on it. I didn't really get it and then the number you put in wouldn't work. In the end I used my other friends internet and downloaded it from there.

Then amy showed me what to do to download it from the disc.
I highly dought it but Can I borrow the disc for it if your friend will allow it please! I want to make a banner with Roy, Marth and Ike on it and have something like 'power of Fire Emblem' next to them. Also I would want to do other ones of beyblade, of course, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Anime ones and so on.
yeah sure. I swap the disc for the ouran high host club/naruto disc at the same time.
claire Wrote:Nods. Okay, I don't know how to make the fire less rigid. But it looks like fire. I only recently started to use photoshop. The first time I used it I was like "bloody background, unlock UNLOCK!" But now I kinda know the basics of what tools do.

With the kai banner I didn't know what to do (since it was the first kai banners I have ever done) So I just went with it. But you say I need a main focus point, so like if I use 1 image of Kai, that would be okay.

On the re4 banner I was experimenting and I just like lens flare so I used it.

Practice makes perfect, wahahahaha more time to experiment!

Haha how often do you see fire like this? Usually, fire is more "flowy", not with such well defined edges. This is the kind of fire you see in anime, which fits the Kai, but not really the house image.

Anyway, it isn't just about using, say, one image. Experiment with resizing, rotating, zooming in, zooming out... You might want to use just the face, or the upper body, or the entire image, depending on the situation.

P.s. it might be wiser not to discuss about stuff bordering on the illegal here; it's part of the terms of service of most web hosting that the sites have to make sure such activities arn't discussed here =/ I suppose it should be fine, but just in case;;
The first one's a mixture of stolen art and graphics, do you just take your images off Photobucket?

You need to work on getting the colours to blend better, downloading some better fonts and actually changing the images you use. Add colour to them, distort, blend them anything's better than just cutting them out and sticking them on a background.
It is generally considered bad taste to steal someone else's fanart and use it without permission. Official images are considered fair game, though.
AH I see what cha on about!

I don't know a lot about internet and downloading (since I don't have the internet at home) but copyright is fairly obvious.

I'll try and find out who did that pic in the first one and ask permission, er I'll take it off for now.

Also I was looking around google for the images and I don't have photobucket (had to use my friends photobucket thing to upload images) I didn't take them off photobucket, just google.

You know when you scan images into the computer, does the image have to be saved as a jpeg or giff? Cuz on photoshop it keeps wanting to save the image as photoshop... or giff...
claire Wrote:AH I see what cha on about!

I don't know a lot about internet and downloading (since I don't have the internet at home) but copyright is fairly obvious.

I'll try and find out who did that pic in the first one and ask permission, er I'll take it off for now.

Also I was looking around google for the images and I don't have photobucket (had to use my friends photobucket thing to upload images) I didn't take them off photobucket, just google.

You know when you scan images into the computer, does the image have to be saved as a jpeg or giff? Cuz on photoshop it keeps wanting to save the image as photoshop... or giff...

Personally, I like using PNG instead of JPG if I can't use PSD.
bugturtles Wrote:
claire Wrote:AH I see what cha on about!

Personally, I like using PNG instead of JPG if I can't use PSD.

For all practical purposes online, jpg is good enough =/ and when I want to print, I just use the psd itself.