autumn attack discussion thread

(Nov. 14, 2009  10:23 PM)legend Kai Wrote: lol i should have been cheking on the site to see if it was still on i went to regents park walked around for abit then went home. is the tournament off or posepomed ?

Postponed until further notice and it would be wise for everyone to check the site before they heard out, it helps a lot.

Also, it's nice to wake up to a storm. Grin

Edit: Beaten and it is a real pain when this kind of thing happens.
Yesterday was just terrible! Woke up around 7, and there was a thunder storm.....
Luckily the tourney was postponed Grin
Yeah, we should definatly move it to a place with shelter but if it's outside london then I won't be able to come..
I say we host it in some sort of indoor (public) space, but where we can find room.
(Nov. 15, 2009  11:46 AM)BLaDeZ Wrote: I say we host it in some sort of indoor (public) space, but where we can find room.

I know of a place, but it is sorta expensive, and I don't know whether it's possible to host a tournament at said place.
we won't or it is unlikely that we will do a meet up at a place were you have to pay to use the space or whatever because the tournament isn't advertising anything hosting a major tourney maybe if we did those then yeah that place but it is unlikely.
Hmm.. but advertising is a great idea imo.. get more people into beyblade, get more people to join, make people come to tourneys, gain money to fund the WBO?

I think a few posters in popular places might help.

We shouldn't give up.. yet, we've still got to at least look. Wheres this venue your talking about, reverts?
We already have a venue and a pretty good although it isn't a dead cert we'll get it each time it comes round though so people try and look for large venues that DON'T cost as much as excel. But then we did have the idea of doing it outside of the excel which i think is better less crowded people will see it as the first thing they see also more people might come since there is no payment to get in or anything if we did it outside.
(Nov. 15, 2009  8:44 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Wheres this venue your talking about, reverts?

I think this is what you wanted, bladez:

http://www.brent.gov.uk/sport.nsf/sc/LBB-215

You might want to click on the pdf file that has the room charges.

As for the where the venue is, i don't think myself that we may change our place from regents park to where i've suggested, so unless commitee members say otherwise, well best bet's still dreaming.
(Nov. 15, 2009  8:44 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: Hmm.. but advertising is a great idea imo.. get more people into beyblade, get more people to join, make people come to tourneys, gain money to fund the WBO?

I think a few posters in popular places might help.

We shouldn't give up.. yet, we've still got to at least look. Wheres this venue your talking about, reverts?

You do realize that you're talking about advertising a craze that hasn't even been released in the UK yet?
It's completely illogical to try and put out posters for something that at the moment is still a pretty niche event, when the toyline is released by Hasbro next year, this is something that we were planning to do anyway.
Advertising most importantly costs money, and more than you'd think.
It cost almost £100 to get the A3 posters we had for expo earlier this year to get printed, and that was only because we got a cheap rate since Espio had a friend in the printing business.
It makes me laugh have you've just appeared out of nowhere, and think that you've come up with the answers to all our problems.
Do you honestly think that none of these ideas have been suggested before?
The WBO has been around for over two years now, and all of these points have come up before.
The WBO isn't some massive multinational corporation, it is not Hasbro.
We're insanely lucky to have expo as it is, and it is only done to us through a favor from the excel group, if we actually had to pay for the table we get inside the place then it's pretty likely that we'd just have to go outside the center and have it the same way we've had to do for every Regents Park tournament we've had.
Calm.. down..

It was only a.. suggestion.
I'm not saying you must go crazy with advertising, not saying you should at all.
I just don't think its a good idea to have an outdoor venue due to current weather conditions.
I know this post is unnecessary, but would it be sort of possible for users (And I do mean ALL the UK users that do want to participate) to keep calm, not make constant whining and say argument ready quotes this time around?
I know it was a complete mess last time we'd tried to organize this, but I think this time around, the quick way to getting this organized is the sensible, take your time way. I'm not a born leader myself like some of the other users here, Committee members or not, but even I know the orderly way is the best way. Besides it's not that hard a task, we've done that with our last events and it's pretty much given us something fun to remember, I know it did to me. So can you please do that small task, for this community?
The basics of the situation is that it's incredibly unlikely that we'll have an indoor tournament until next year. The only place that we can afford to have an indoor tournament is the Excel center (the main reason for this being the fact that the cost is £0.00).
I'm saying this politely.
If you don't want to attend an outdoor tournament at this time of year, then that's understandable, it's your choice.
But until we can find somewhere that's indoors and free, this is probably the way it's going to stay for quite a while.
As well as that, at this time of year just about every hall or available space is booked months in advance.
Very few offices and businesses have Christmas parties anywhere near Christmas due to booking issues, so they tend to go from the end of November through to mid January.
Even if we did have the money to rent a hall, renting one at this short notice would be ridiculously hard.

On the advertising front, this is something we can do at expo.
In fact, it's more or less the whole point of us being at expo.
If I'm honest, as were going into the winter months, the weather is gonna hit us harder and harder, and of course it'll get colder.
We either need to get the tourney ready with a date and post it with notice, or leave it till after xmas, otherwise people wont wanna go, let alone be able
If the indoor places are that expensive, pitch up 4 gazebos in the park instead if ur worried about gettin wet
Aren't Gazebos Pretty Expensive to buy in the first place?
I mean that the organisors bring them as well as people going. Besides, you can rent them pretty easily.
you don't really need 4, depends on how many are going
this is ridiculous
I doubt anyone will want to bring a gazebo all the way into London, do you realise how difficult that would be? It's hard enough for some people to be hauling stadiums in and out of the capital. If you're willing, then fair enough.

Enough with the pointless suggestions guys; think before you post.
pfft you mean you can't carry a gazebo in one arm? how pathetic
In this wind, a gazebo would be more chaos than it's worth, regardless of whether we had one handy or not. : \

This'll prolly cause more chaos, Im a little apprehensive about asking but I'm curious. How many people are free on December 21st? I know its close to Christmas, I was wondering anyways. Its the first monday of the school holidays. PLEASE DONT REPLY HERE. PM ME A SIMPLE YES OR NO. I dont care about your reasons as to why that would or wouldnt work out for you. I merely want to see how many are available. If it looks hopeful, THEN Ill look into something, if not, you can all forget about it.

If there are any replies or discussions about this here, I'll be rather annoyed. =_=
One minute, is the tourney still gonna be called Autumn Attack if it's going to be hosted in the winter?
Who cares? And logically, no, it wouldn't be.

There are more pressing issues to be perfectly honest.
Shame this didn't turn out as it should of been.

Some guy in my class who predicts weather told me it was gonna be stormy on the 14th, and he said that in October Gasp
(Nov. 17, 2009  5:16 PM)BLaDeZ Wrote: One minute, is the tourney still gonna be called Autumn Attack if it's going to be hosted in the winter?
... What do you think. Who cares.

As long as there is no snow on the ground, dress warmly and find a sunny day where the temperature will be at its highest for the season.
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0383
Personally, at ten degrees Celsius it is quite fine to be outside. Of course, you have to not be an idiot and dress accordingly. It should be easier to organize something in London than in Québec, for instance. I even think Anubis hosted a tournament/meet up in winter, outside.
Kai-V, London, Ontario is not the same as London, England. Tongue_out
(Nov. 17, 2009  5:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Kai-V, London, Ontario is not the same as London, England. Tongue_out
I know ... ?
Your link is to London, Ontario. This tournament is in London, England.