are the old blades useless now?

now that the mfb blades are out are the old plastic and hms blades useless now or no?
I would say no in my opinion because you should not just for get about, the old blades all because the new MFB are out.
HMS blades currently beat the hell out of MFB blades because the MFB shooters have 20% less power than the HMS shooters do. If you're talking about performance, I think HMS will continue to have power over MFB blades.

The plastic blades have very little use in a tournament where every system is permitted.

To me, they will never be useless. Plastics are still my favorite. We just have to fight plastic versus plastic.
No not if you wanna have fun with them but im not sure if we will be using them in the 2009 tournaments.
i prefer hms blades mainly because im not all that great at battling plastics. But i like the fact that plastics have alot of components i dont think any blades should ever go to waste.
Yeah, not going to happen. MFB is neck-and-neck with HMS, and Plastic Zombies can be HMS. It's a little too early to say that we should ditch all old Beyblades for these new ones.
HMS completely outclasses Plastics, and currently is a notch above MFB, but that really shouldn't matter. What everyone should be asking, is if there will continue to be divisions between different gens of beyblades.

As long as plastics are separated from HMS and MFB, I'm pretty sure they will continue to be used. As far as HMS goes, they will most likely continue to dominate until Takara releases some quality products to better support the use of MFB.

If divisions dissappear though, Plastics will be dead in tournaments, and most people will probably opt to use HMS over MFB.
Long story short, HMS=Epic Win on Takaras part.
(Aug. 29, 2008  11:58 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: HMS completely outclasses Plastics, and currently is a notch above MFB, but that really shouldn't matter. What everyone should be asking, is if there will continue to be divisions between different gens of beyblades.

As long as plastics are separated from HMS and MFB, I'm pretty sure they will continue to be used. As far as HMS goes, they will most likely continue to dominate until Takara releases some quality products to better support the use of MFB.

If divisions dissappear though, Plastics will be dead in tournaments, and most people will probably opt to use HMS over MFB.

You have a very good point here, we just have to wait and see what the new MFB will bring in the future only time will tell and, truth be told i hope that they don't stop working on plastic blades but then, again they can stop and focus on HMS and MFB blades only in the near future.
Nope. All of them are still usable. There's no reason for them to stop collecting dust. Just battle the same type of Bey system against each other.