Zombie

http://beywiki.com/index.php?title=Zombie

Not done yet, but I wanted to have your input on it.
i dunno if youre gonna mention it there (or if theres already an article), but are you going to mention bearing tuning?
I will be mentioning it, but I'm not sure how to go about it considering the consensus about it here.
is the consensus that we're not doing it because its kind of cumbersome?

i dont recall the conversation about it
Artie Wrote:is the consensus that we're not doing it because its kind of cumbersome?

i dont recall the conversation about it

cumbersome and cheap and by all technical definitions should constitute illegal modification
mostly cumbersome though
is that how you really feel?

also where was this thread. sounds like emotions were high in it
I thought it was established that Wide Defense was basically another standard since it is "perfectly round" It has notches around it in a circle (also added to spin stealing if I remember..). What about spark disks too? I know they are quite rare and are basically just Wide survivor's with the sandpaper and flint, but still it is another possible choice.

10 Wide just won't do it because it's not actually round (I know it's totally impossible to get life after death with it I've tried)
Spark Disks are a great option, I forgot about them.

As for Wide Defense, the notches interfere heavily with life-after-death.
Even so, I think there should be a mention of tuned bearings, since historically, only customizations with tuned bearings can be considered true zombies. No need to write it out in full, but as a source of information, it should be included.

Also, doesn't the usage of round SP negate the disadvantage of wide defence? The notches don't touch the stadium surface in these cases...

This article NEEDS to be stickied or whatever's the equivalent for a wiki, and posted prominently on the customization or beyblade board.
Isn't Wolborg MS the ultimate Zombie Beyblade? It comes complete with a Circular Ar, a Circular Weight disk, and a Bearing Core. It's pretty much all the greatest ideas for survival type blades from the plastic gen incorporated into an HMS blade.

Not sure sure if that matters considering it's HMS, but I thought that it would be good to add to the article.
Wolborg MS couldn't be tuned by normal methods, other than by attaching it to a motor and spinning it for a long time, as you couldn't remove the bearing, shaft, etc, IIRC. Not sure if this makes it ineligible.

I agree that tuning should be in there.

Very good article though. I like how it has the staples of Zombie customs in it.
Hmm doesn't "tuning" refer to using lighter fluid to remove oil, while "seasoning" refer to the motor thing to smoothen the ball bearings?
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Hmm doesn't "tuning" refer to using lighter fluid to remove oil, while "seasoning" refer to the motor thing to smoothen the ball bearings?

Not really sure. Always used the two interchangeably. Maybe we should cover the differences between the two in an article or something?
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Hmm doesn't "tuning" refer to using lighter fluid to remove oil, while "seasoning" refer to the motor thing to smoothen the ball bearings?

This is correct.
But, I never heard of using lighter fluid. I think the most common way was to use paint thinner. I know I tried it on a friend's skateboard bearings and his skateboard flew.
Synesthesia Wrote:Isn't Wolborg MS the ultimate Zombie Beyblade? It comes complete with a Circular Ar, a Circular Weight disk, and a Bearing Core. It's pretty much all the greatest ideas for survival type blades from the plastic gen incorporated into an HMS blade.

Not sure sure if that matters considering it's HMS, but I thought that it would be good to add to the article.

Zombie as a concept doesn't really exist in HMS.
Synesthesia Wrote:Isn't Wolborg MS the ultimate Zombie Beyblade? It comes complete with a Circular Ar, a Circular Weight disk, and a Bearing Core. It's pretty much all the greatest ideas for survival type blades from the plastic gen incorporated into an HMS blade.

Like Brad mentioned, Zombie as a concept doesn't exist in HMS. What Wolborg MS did do at the time it was introduced, was make plastic zombie combos useless. Not only does it beat them, as it's also the better choice when it comes to using a pure survival type blade.
I read through the article briefly and noticed something. You mention life after death, but you didn't really explain what it is.

Should I edit it, or should I just wait for you to finish?
Go for it, I didn't plan on finishing this article by myself.
I made some little tweaks, added to the life after death section, and I started writing about tuning. I've yet to add the community's consensus on bearing tuning, and I still need to write about WD tuning and tip conditions. Right now I have to go see my mom. I'll finish when I get back.
Okay I just finished up my additions to the zombie article. Let me know if you guys think anything should be changed/added.
Looks good. Still needs a bit of work, but it's a big topic. I'll get to work on it tonight.
On the Life After Death part, doesn't the SP play a role in it? It sounds like the WD alone makes the ability work.
Yeah, it does. That should be fixed.