Zoids will be 3 things in 2013

1) 30 years old
2) Affordable
3)Made motorized by TOMYTEC!

http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm....page=1&key=

Motorized Zoids are back! Grin
Horrible.

Model kits should not move.
You are the 1st Zoids fan (or rather model kit collector who has Zoids) I have actualy heard say that

Its not a bad thing, I love diversity in opinion. Frankly I love the HMM kits just as much as I do the motorized ones

However, for me, motorized Zoids started it all. As a Zoids fan, the magic of having a complex design come to life is just astonishing.

Hazel, while I doubt it will change your mind, (nor do I want to), did you see the video I posted of Valga on this thread? Innovations like that make me love Zoids. If this new line promises to combine detail similar to an HMM (obviously not as good but better than the old TOMY kits), and posebility combined with motion (Dos Godos), along with new innovations and ideas seen with Zoids like Valga, then I will be unebleivably pleased with this line

Basicly, if TOMYTEC can take what happened with the short lived Rebirth Century Line to the next level, but this time make it more affordable, this will be the best Zoids line to date
I do not personally believe it is possible for Kotobukiya quality with authentic movement, and between the two, I'd rather have quality.

Most of the fun in being a plamo builder is building and perfecting the kit. When that took a grand total of five minutes, and what I had to show for it was something that could not be posed, I was bothered greatly. The movement gimmick was somewhat exciting as a child, but it got really boring after I quickly realized "okay, it can walk - and look really silly while doing it - but I can't do cool action poses with it".
I did feel the same way at times as a child with some of my motorized toys, but that is what I love about things like this. Over time, the kits improve, and eventualy, high grade articulation, detail and motion become one in the same.

Imagine this possible future; a Transformers toy, disasembled with parts hung on spure trees. Upon assembly, you find that the kit is beautiful, extremely articulate, and detailed. Whats more, with the click of a button on a wireless controller, the kit can easily transformer into vehivle mode and back to robot mode, and when the motor isnt turned off and the kit isnt taking poses, it is walking, driving, and moving with lights and sounds. That my friend, should be the goal of any toy innovator in the hobby buisness.

What appears to be the main appeal of this new motorized Zoids line is to strive towards that type of innovation. Granted, not to that (awesome) extreme, but to atleast begin to move towards having affordable, detailed, poseable, motorized kits; kits with unique, entricit motion cycles, kits that do not suffer astheticly for motorization, kits that can still be posed without sacrificing motion.

These kits will not be on the level of an HMM or an MG Gundam in terms of articulation and detail, but I can be damn sure that this new line is a step in the right direction.

I mean, as crazy as this all may seem, if one day, your favorite Gundam, Zoid, or Transformer be and do all that at a decent, affordable price, wouldnt you fall in love with hobby collecting all over again? I know I would =D

However, this will be a long time coming. TOMYTEC has been known for its sucess, so we shall see if they live up to my expectations in 2013. Hopefuly, they get the train moving
Hey, you know the Committee of Seven that leads the Backdraft Group in the New Century Zero anime? I have a theory that they're rogue Zoid Battle Commission officials who were banished for doing something that reflected poorly on the ethics of the ZBC.
You aren't to far off. While not confirmed, it is heavily implied that they are underworld criminals of some kind...be it political, within black markets, illegal Zoid competitions, and what have you.

Basicly, they are mysterious shadey people. No specific information exists.
The new line, produced by Tomytec, will be called, Modeler's Spirit Series (MSS)

http://www.tomytec.co.jp/mss/zoids/preopen.html
Since you seemed so excited for it, I'll go ahead and post these here:

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/693154/index

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/693155/index

These are the first two confirmed MSS releases; Shield Liger and Hammer Rock. The Shield Liger looks... okay, but the face window is far too dark. The Hammer Rock looks nice.
That is because the colors are done like the original release from the 1980's. Hammer Rock is reasonably priced, but there is lack of sufficient detail. Also, it seems as if TT adjusted the proportions of the kits. The old Hammer Rock was a bit taller than Shield Liger, and the weapons were different sizes too. Shield Liger looks great, but priced at $40??? No thanks...I would rather buy a cheap MG Gundam.

These will NOT be motorized, it seems
(^ I'm not to sure about these..........)
I recently got back into model kits and zoids...so I dropped in.
Also,
[Image: 10121.jpg]
@ KaizerMFB: Dude, that Geno Breaker looks stupidly cool!
eheh, sadly, for now, there are none that are decently cheap for sale until november (except that Revoltech one, but gdfghdfshbdflxknmkl).
For now, I settle with the Berserk Fuhrer and the Geno Saurer.
The MSS kits come out in Jamuary, but they are $40 for what appears to be $30 kits in actuality.

Fingers crossed that these dont suck
Time to revive this thread, Zoids is returning, including a new anime, plus a game for the Switch, and new model kits. The name for this new Zoids series is Zoids Wild.