Zoids

I just love the Blade Liger. It's not overloaded with guns (actually, it looks kinda undergunned), comfortably seats two, and is my favorite color as well. It's also the first of the new Zoids I'd bought after Chaotic Century started showing, followed soon after by the Geno Breaker. I saved up for quite a bit to get them at the time, and probably would have bought a few more (the ones with anime pilot figures at least), but then I discovered Zoids doujinshi on the Internet and everything after that was a blur.
I like the design of Matrix Dragon and Demons Head, they are so cool.
Although I never own them though.
The only Zoids I got now is the Bite Griffon, I might want to buy Shadow Fox. Coz I am in love with foxes. hah.
Bite Griffon is cool, although its original colors were better than the North American release version.

Today, I picked up an HMM Godos! My very 1st HMM! I cannot wait to build it! Grin
Zoids Demotovational Posters: http://www.zoidspoison.com/zoidstalk/tm.asp?m=78723
Quick warning about HMM: they, being manufactured by Kotobukiya, are prone to being very convoluted, and often having parts that do not necessarily fit together without either ample force(occasionally enough to warp or break the part) or trimming edges down.

Once finished, though, they're pretty much unrivaled.
(Feb. 27, 2012  9:56 AM)Hazel Wrote: Quick warning about HMM: they, being manufactured by Kotobukiya, are prone to being very convoluted, and often having parts that do not necessarily fit together without either ample force(occasionally enough to warp or break the part) or trimming edges down.

Lucky that I did not even start getting HMM zoids yet. Although they look cool, but yeah, since they tend to break as you said, so I am not getting that.
They will not break if you're careful when assembling them. You just need to know not to put too much pressure on the parts when trying to get them together, and if a nub looks like it's too fat to fit into its socket, you need to know to trim it a bit, rather than trying to just brute force the part in...

Anyone familiar with Plamo building has come across this at least once.
hmm I might be only getting a few just to try.
(Feb. 27, 2012  9:56 AM)Hazel Wrote: Quick warning about HMM: they, being manufactured by Kotobukiya, are prone to being very convoluted, and often having parts that do not necessarily fit together without either ample force(occasionally enough to warp or break the part) or trimming edges down.

A common...shall we say, "complaint" umong zoiders. The earliest kits are by far the worst to deal with, but apparently, the designs of the kist themselves are being improved over time. Godos is one of the newer kits, so it shouldn't be to bad, but I don't forsee Kotobukiya ever escaping thier loose pieces habit completely any time soon. Koto has also been re-releasing some of thier past kits, most of the time with improved molds. Other times, when color/weapon variants of older kits are released, the molds and designs are improved upon. Just recently, the new Genosaurer Raven was released, and compared to the old Genosaurer, several changes were put into place that also made it an entirly different kit.

Godos is also one of the smaller and less expensive kits (if one considers $70 to be inexpensive..sheesh...) so the buld will not be overly complex. For me, it will be a great 1st HMM kit.

The kits are stunning and detailed, and they rival, and in my book surpass, the Bandai Gundams in the MG series. However, series like PG and RG far outclass Koto's kits in everyway detail wise, and the innovations Bandai makes in thier model kit productions are things that will likely neevr even be attempted with TT and Koto kist, which is sad to say.
(Feb. 27, 2012  6:30 PM)foxy Wrote: hmm I might be only getting a few just to try.

If you can afford it, god speed. My heart is happy with my latest aquisition, but my wallet hurts...so much...Crying

All I know is that every release of the Shield Liger is pretty much just as brutal as the first one, by reputation.

I have an ubuilt Koto Shield Liger sitting in my closet, first mold... if I ever get back into Plamo, it'll be the first thing I build.

Probably the last, too.
I heard the Ramar and Van Shield Ligers have improved molds, but I doubt some of the major issues have disapeared. I hear common complaints about Shield Liger's head and legs, and poseability is limited because of how easily it loses parts
There are 14 different zoids released with Yuji Kaida's art work.

Here is the link for them.
http://zoidsdream.blogspot.com.au/2007/1...kaida.html
Yuji Kaida is a great artist. It's amazing how popular the kits from the Yuji Kaida line are..and how expensive...

I would love to own a Strum Tyrann...

Yuji Kaida also did some of the early HMM boxarts, along with the well known "Mercy Rabbit" and some other artists here and there. For some reason though, for HMM releases llike Buster Tortoise and Mirage Blade Liger, which were originaly Yuji Kaida Zoids, Yuji Kaida did not do the HMM boxarts. I believe for those 2, it was mercy Rabbit. He (Mercy) has done the majority of the HMM boxarts, and he has done a great job so far Grin
yeah. I saw some Strum Tyrann.
www.toysnjoys.com: cost more than USD 300...over priced.

Ebay: only USD $199 and shipping is USD $74!
For those of you interested, by the way, the next new HMM, that isn't just a recolor or some silliness, is confirmed to be Berzerk Fuhrer. Saw it mentioned in a magazine scan on Cybergundam a few weeks ago. Looked really, really nice.
(Feb. 28, 2012  5:35 AM)Hazel Wrote: For those of you interested, by the way, the next new HMM, that isn't just a recolor or some silliness, is confirmed to be Berzerk Fuhrer. Saw it mentioned in a magazine scan on Cybergundam a few weeks ago. Looked really, really nice.

oh. I am sure many people would love it. btw, the Yuji Kaida's limited zoids are over-priced IMO.

Yes, I have been looking foward to Berserk Fury (Fuher) ever sinxe it was 1st annoinced, This, along with Panzer, will be the greatest HMM's to date. Especialy for Fury, koto has been advertising its higher than average articulate features. The head, when opened, extends out the Charged Particle Cannon. Like the Genosaurer Raven, the tail vents seem to be movable, and the tail itself extremly flexible. On top of that, the zoid itself appears to be incredibly stable. The infampus "egg beaters" look great too.

I will find some pictures to post for us here soon
My favorite HMM are still the Gunsniper and Shield Liger, even withstanding Liger Zero and Friends coming out.
I heard the HMM Gun Sniper's are fantastic kits. Very little problems and amazing detail and articulation.
http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/621283/index

Sorry you have to scroll through a bit to see the photos. You will notice the Yamato Die Cast DCS-J Shield Liger (which is like a 2nd morgage on your home) which is beautiful, and a little bit more, you will find Panzer next to the upcoming release of Zero Jaeger, and below that image, the grayscale prototype of Berserk Fury
yes those are the most expensive Zoids at the moment. however you must be able to pay when it comes out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I get to own one of the Yuji Kaida limited edition Zoids, I will make sure I can do my job of plamo building well, so that when I assemble my ZOid, it won't have uneven cut bits. It was so useful just to see videos of it.
As much as I would love to own the Die Cast Shield Liger, or the DCS-J variant, it is way to much money, and I would rather spend $250 on something more practical, like gas for my car, or money towards the student loans I will have to take once I go to college.
The die-cast full action models are notoriously less impressive looking and much more show-inaccurate than their HMM counterparts anyway, for what that's worth.

The shield liger is notably anorexic.
Hazel, just a question here. Do the Yuji Kaida series Zoids have the snapping problem like the HMM series? Since you pointed out the problem in HMM series. Please help me because I am planning to get a Yuji Kaida series Zoid.
Yuji Kaida kits are just recolors and weapon add ons of the original TOMY kits, most of them shouldnt have that issue like HMM kits
(Feb. 28, 2012  4:21 PM)foxy Wrote: Hazel, just a question here. Do the Yuji Kaida series Zoids have the snapping problem like the HMM series? Since you pointed out the problem in HMM series. Please help me because I am planning to get a Yuji Kaida series Zoid.

Only if the original Tomy molds for them did - I did not own any of the ones that eventually became Yuji Kaida, as far as I know, so I cannot be of assistance. Some of the old Tomy ones DID have this problem, though(Brastle Tiger, Fossil Version GenoSaurer, come to mind).