Your Day At A WBO Tournament

Many of us have attended WBO Tournaments. So how about telling your day at a WBO tournament.
First, post the tournament's date, venue, location, etc.
Then you can post what time you arrived, when others arrived, if you faced any difficulty, how much fun you had, what combos you used, etc.
Some rules-
- Post only about WBO's official tournaments
- Don't make false statements please
Notes
-There's a Report thread in the OC, but this is for normal members as well, so that they can post here and share.Peace.
(Apr. 15, 2013  2:08 AM)zeneo Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2013  3:10 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Arrive
win
leave

Nuff said

As I mentioned before, you have to tell which tournament it was, so it's not 'nuff said'. I think you replied in a really sarcastic manner...

It was sorta inteneded to be sarcastic. Just trying to have a bit of fun. But Ill use today as an example.

(Apr. 14, 2013  3:10 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Arrive
win
leave

Nuff said

Like a boss lol

Well I had fun at my first tournament DA-WRECHed's beyblade tournament, it was about a year ago, april 19th if my memory serves me right. I got there at 12, battled and defeated the legend bladers, my first opponent was Coach who used a MF-H Duo_230MB vs my stock Phantom Orion, I won 3-1 lol, I made my first rival at that tournament, PANAsher, everybody said we were like Ginga and Masumune lol, it was double elimination and I placed 2nd.
This thread seem pretty cool, much more memorable than posting in the tournament thread that dies a month if not less after the tournament.

Guess I will post about BeyBlade Colosseum (Hope I spelled Colosseum right)
Format: BB-10
Host: Dark_Mousy (Couldn't compete due to CGS rules)
Date: February 2nd 2013
Location: At Carolina Game Summit in NC at Wayne Colledge or something like that
I got 1st place, I gotta say though none of my matches felt like autowins, it never seemed to be like combos didn't matter too much of course quite artistic combos wouldn't do well but I mean generally combos that are used the differences didn't seem to matter. Every match felt challenging well thats not the right word it definatly felt like skill from me and all my opponents battling. Free play was pretty awesome got to test out my cool attack type I never used and it was quite the beast in free play it was Begirados Begirados S130RF it was heartless lol. I went throught he tournament with 1 loss before the finals, sadly I forgot how many people I fought but a match was never a blowout I don't think I ever won 3-0 StormScorpio1 got me once and gave me my one loss, I thought he knew my combo and I used an attack type couldn't control CF the end XD.
It was really an awesome event and stuff I could get more into the efficientness and stuff like that which it was but I feel that would be getting off the main point for some reason, a event I will remember forever I think combos shouldn't be put here for some reason also But I'll put mine anyways just to show something standoutish in my poor grammer run on sentences.

MF-F Duo Bull W145EWD/BWD
MF-F Phantom Aquario W145MF
MSF Gryph Dragooon ED145RDF/EWD
not gonna mention the freeplay from my forgetfullness of my combos but I used Burn Bull lol.
Thanks for the post, BillyBlast. Smile
Phantom Aquario W145 MF looks like a tornado staller, a variation of Phantom 90 MF, right? I think I should try it out next time at a tournament
Thanks again!
Haha, this seems like a great thread. Here is my experience at Beyblade Revolution: The Beginning:

I arrived way to early for the tournament (11:30 even though it starts at 1:00) and so it was really cold outside, and i waited awhile till more people started showing up. I think we had 11 bladers? Then finally, it started and I started off 3-0, until I lost like 4 times in a row. I think I finished with 5 wins and 6 losses? But haha, with more experience i'm getting better! Smile
[Mumbai, India][19th April, 2013] Beyblade Spirit : Reincarnation Plastics & HMS format.
On this day, I completed 1 year of registation on the WBO. And what better way to attend a tournament!
In Plastics, I started out with 3 wins, only to realize that the Master Dragoon's clip was missing. Got a DQ for those 3 matches, lost the others...
In HMS again I got a DQ for a match, as the Advanced Striker was missing something. Lost all other matches as well. BladingSpirit gave me Wing Attacker for free.

Mumbai, India. 20th April 2013.
We had 12 people in total- so 3 groups of 4, Block Round Robin format.
I ended up with Maximum Dranzer, BladingSpirit5 and gameboysuperman. Maximum lost all his matches.
The 3 of us had 2 wins 1 loss, so a qualifier was needed, in which BladingSpirit5 prevailed(I defeated his ___ Dragooon BD145 RDF using Death W145 WD and celebrated like the Undertaker). In the finals, it was a draw among the 3, so a qualifier was needed, and then ashton pinto won. It was a great tourney!
North Carolina Qualifier
This was a long day (Almost 5 hours). A lot of new people came. It was fun. I went 6-1 in my block. Then I started off 2-0 in the finals then ended 2-3. Overall record of the day was 8-4. I lost a match to $momo$ because of my crappy left spin launcher, lost to stormscorpio1 in a very close match and lost to Dark against a Dragooon variant. I used a bad EWD. The sway and the EWD determined the battle. I should have used synchrome and not Duo. Overall it was a fun tournament despite it being long.
Whenever I go to a Richmond tourney, I pointlessly buy tons of pokemon cards. Then I go win...
(Apr. 23, 2013  12:42 PM)zeneo Wrote: [Mumbai, India][19th April, 2013] Beyblade Spirit : Reincarnation Plastics & HMS format.
On this day, I completed 1 year of registation on the WBO. And what better way to attend a tournament!
In Plastics, I started out with 3 wins, only to realize that the Master Dragoon's clip was missing. Got a DQ for those 3 matches, lost the others...
In HMS again I got a DQ for a match, as the Advanced Striker was missing something. Lost all other matches as well. BladingSpirit gave me Wing Attacker for free.

I ended up with Maximum Dranzer, BladingSpirit5 and gameboysuperman. Maximum lost all his matches.
The 3 of us had 2 wins 1 loss, so a qualifier was needed, in which BladingSpirit5 prevailed(I defeated his ___ Dragooon BD145 RDF using Death W145 WD and celebrated like the Undertaker). In the finals, it was a draw among the 3, so a qualifier was needed, and then ashton pinto won. It was a great tourney!

Correct me if I'm missing something, but how did ashton pinto win if he wasn't one of the four finalists. Unless four of you needed to qualify to somehow get to face ashton pinto?
North Carolina BR qualifier: 4/20/2013, 12:00 P.M.

11:30 Arrive and get my picture taken.
12:00 crush everyone in my block
2:00 go to the finals
2:30 tie 6-way for first
3:30 get beaten by DUO!!!!!! (I hate Duo!!!!!! )Unhappy)
4:00 Lament over losing to duo, think of ways to beat Duo
4:30 leave and think about Duo all the way home...

P.S. (I have a serious problem with Duo, if you haven't noticed. Tongue_out)
Michigan Qualifier Got there at about well... I don't know when but whatever. I was scared to see some people that were older than me. Then I beat everyone except Yuko D: (yes I did beat Fang Wolf)
Time, we four were in the same block for the round robin-
Block A
AdityaTheBlader
NObody
Relic
christophermk
Block B
ashton pinto
nik1392
Janstarblast
samithblader
Block C
gameboysuperman
Maximum Dranzer
zeneo.
So at first, I was talking about Block C.
Ashton qualified from Block B to enter the finals, Relic from Block A, and BladingSpirit5 from Block C.
I hoped I cleared your confusion.

theblackdragon, I feel bad for you bro. I hope you found out some nice counters for Duo next time.
The Day was Great first i missed my Bus because it was Sunday Service i waited 30min for another one.got to the tournament with BHK Weather was great won 3 lost 4 (BRR) then Finals
(Apr. 23, 2013  12:42 PM)zeneo Wrote:

I lost all my matches cuz maybe all of u guys used zero-gs' and also cuz it was my first tournament!
Don't worry Maximum Dranzer, the same thing happened with me on my first tournament. You'll progress as tourneys pass by...
Well now its BeyDays so I attended three tourneys!
I'm going to share the experience of my very first tournament I went too Grin

[Cumming, Georgia]
[October 2011]
Primal hosted this waaaay back, and I believe we ended up with something like 12-13 people in total, so we ended up doing Block RR, with 4 in each Block. I only came with one combo, MF-H Variares BD145LRF, and a Left Beylauncher. This means if the combo didn't work out for me, I was screwed lol. It was my first tournament, so I didn't know how good the other bladers in my block were, or who they even were. Oh yeah, and did I forget to mention that I had never played in a BB-10 stadium before this tournament, and I was using an attack type O_O Yeah, seriously. I learned how to bank shot only from the WBO's video of it on youtube, and I couldn't even practice it because my L-Drago stadium is, you know, HASBRO...So I wasn't very confident, but I wanted to have a good time, none the less. I ended up taking my block 4-0, surprisingly, so this was a good start. In the finals were me, Primal, and Vulcan Blaze. From what I could tell, Primal wasn't new to the competitive scene lol. Seeing as he hosted the tournament, made it to the finals, and had the dreaded Basalt, Vulcan Blaze seemed to know what he was doing as well. Somehow, someway, I won the tournament undefeated after beating Primal and Vulcan Blaze in the finals. lolwut.
It was an awesome time, and I took home a new Basalt Horogium as the prize. I've gone onto future tournaments doing pretty well, earning two Silver Medals and another two Gold. Apparently all of the beybladers left Georgia though lol
(May. 28, 2013  4:54 PM)zeneo Wrote: Don't worry Maximum Dranzer, the same thing happened with me on my first tournament. You'll progress as tourneys pass by...

yeah yeah! it did happen .. i progressed to the round before the semi-finals and as Janstarblast was 4th , he beat me and i was fifth then.. so we can say that i have progressed a lot rite?
(May. 29, 2013  8:19 AM)Maximum Dranzer Wrote:
(May. 28, 2013  4:54 PM)zeneo Wrote: Don't worry Maximum Dranzer, the same thing happened with me on my first tournament. You'll progress as tourneys pass by...

yeah yeah! it did happen .. i progressed to the round before the semi-finals and as Janstarblast was 4th , he beat me and i was fifth then.. so we can say that i have progressed a lot rite?

Yes you have progressed a lot.
In your first tournament, you didn't win a single match even though it was Block Round Robin.
This time, you were able to stay up in the winners bracket in a huge Double Elimination tourney.

Actually, you taking the Stalling Clause and believing what samithblader and phantom_gt suggested to you was a bad option. You used a Basalt BD145WD, which scrapes. You gave me an automatic win, haha (even though I did change my combo after hearing what phantom_gt was telling you)! Tongue_out
(May. 29, 2013  3:28 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(May. 29, 2013  8:19 AM)Maximum Dranzer Wrote:

Yes you have progressed a lot.
In your first tournament, you didn't win a single match even though it was Block Round Robin.
This time, you were able to stay up in the winners bracket in a huge Double Elimination tourney.

Actually, you taking the Stalling Clause and believing what samithblader and phantom_gt suggested to you was a bad option. You used a Basalt BD145WD, which scrapes. You gave me an automatic win, haha (even though I did change my combo after hearing what phantom_gt was telling you)! Tongue_out

yeah.. it was a bit of a problem.. but without the bd it would have been gud though.. i tried it after the tourney.. or else i coudve reached far ahead Smile the result is gud though Smile rite?