Yo-kai watch General Discussion

I know there's already one for the anime, but I couldn't find anything else. Talk about the games, comics, and merchandise here!
I liked the first game and have trouble with dame damona on the second, but didn't like 3 much. Why do we need a subgroup of 'merican yo-kai? we already have Apelican! I enjoyed blasters and psycic specters, and also got kinda addicted to wibble-wobble for a bit. I play yokai watch land, although it has problems, and also read the first two comics. I have way to much of the merch, including a wiglin plush i found at the dollar store that i call the "seawheedie" because of the magic school bus episode we watched at my school.
My favorites are: Dracunyan, Thornyan, Rollen, Count Zapaway, and Eyeclone.
can we talk about volume 13? That art and battles are amazing! hope we get stuff like that for season climaxes down the road.

also I hope we get the 4th game by 2023.
(May. 21, 2020  7:00 PM)snoc Wrote: can we talk about volume 13? That art and battles are amazing! hope we get stuff like that for season climaxes down the road.

I really hope we start getting games closer to when japan gets them. They still have wibble wobble! and they also have console and mobile yokai games we have yet to get, but probably wont. I want yokai Just Dance Smile
(May. 21, 2020  7:05 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(May. 21, 2020  7:00 PM)snoc Wrote: can we talk about volume 13? That art and battles are amazing! hope we get stuff like that for season climaxes down the road.

I really hope we start getting games closer to when japan gets them. They still have wibble wobble! and they also have console and mobile yokai games we have yet to get, but probably wont. I want yokai Just Dance Smile

I get can play wibble wobble with blue stacks on my computer. You should get it, the only problem is the language barrier.
do you guys think the shadowside/2019 series/Academia Y will get a dub?
(May. 21, 2020  7:09 PM)DPVideosNL Wrote: do you guys think the shadowside/2019 series/Academia Y will get a dub?

eh, if it does ill wait for it. My friend played 4 and said there was a little kid with a yokai watch, which i dont think is such a good idea...
(May. 21, 2020  7:09 PM)DPVideosNL Wrote: do you guys think the shadowside/2019 series/Academia Y will get a dub?

hope so. Its very good, and I like the watches and medals as well. They said they might localize the movies (since they have characters in yokai watch 4 most western fans haven't seen yet) so if movie 6 does good I would imagine they would start dubbing the show, as well as shadowside.

(May. 21, 2020  7:12 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:

eh, if it does ill wait for it. My friend played 4 and said there was a little kid with a yokai watch, which i dont think is such a good idea...

little kid? which character are you referring to?

The only little kid I can think of is Shin, and he has one of the best character arcs in Yokai Watch. (well  everyone else in the main group in forever friends has a good character arc tbh)

Jinpei with the YSP watch is 15, and I'm pretty sure Natsume is also a teen.
(May. 21, 2020  7:13 PM)snoc Wrote:

hope so. Its very good, and I like the watches and medals as well. They said they might localize the movies (since they have characters in yokai watch 4 most western fans haven't seen yet) so if movie 6 does good I would imagine they would start dubbing the show, as well as shadowside.

(May. 21, 2020  7:12 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: eh, if it does ill wait for it. My friend played 4 and said there was a little kid with a yokai watch, which i dont think is such a good idea...

he didnt give names, as he dosent read japanese. He's been playing without reading, somehow. He said it was part of a group of people with watches. I kinda feel behind on things because everyone else buys games from japan and finds other ways to watch the show and i just wait for releases.
(May. 21, 2020  7:23 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(May. 21, 2020  7:13 PM)snoc Wrote: hope so. Its very good, and I like the watches and medals as well. They said they might localize the movies (since they have characters in yokai watch 4 most western fans haven't seen yet) so if movie 6 does good I would imagine they would start dubbing the show, as well as shadowside.

he didnt give names, as he dosent read japanese. He's been playing without reading, somehow. He said it was part of a group of people with watches. I kinda feel behind on things because everyone else buys games from japan and finds other ways to watch the show and i just wait for releases.

A group of people???? I would say Shin then. When they travel to the past.

also @DaGoldenPengiun you can watch fan subs for every move after the first one (which is already dubbed). up to 5 anyway, when 6 releases in dvd the translators can get it and translate it. I can provide links if you want.

I'm bored sooo

favorite yokai: Last Nyanmurai,Lord Enma,Jibanyan,Usapyon,Tomnyan

Onryo: Bluepon (my prof pic),Bakera,Izuna,Momo

Yokai Heros: Mist Shadow,Kengo Benimaru,Clock Lady,Wild Boy,Blue Moon

Shadow side forms: Jibanyan,Shogunyan,Semicolon

was boutta make this my wall paper but I'm a stoopid computer user and it doesn't fit well, so if you want this as a mobile wallpaper feel free to use it I guess.
[Image: gi3ZGlU.jpg]
(May. 21, 2020  6:54 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: I know there's already one for the anime, but I couldn't find anything else. Talk about the games, comics, and merchandise here!
I liked the first game and have trouble with dame damona on the second, but didn't like 3 much. Why do we need a subgroup of 'merican yo-kai? we already have Apelican! I enjoyed blasters and psycic specters, and also got kinda addicted to wibble-wobble for a bit. I play yokai watch land, although it has problems, and also read the first two comics. I have way to much of the merch, including a wiglin plush i found at the dollar store that i call the "seawheedie" because of the magic school bus episode we watched at my school.

Man yo Kai watch is old I haven't watched that in forever
(May. 22, 2020  2:00 AM)Jdog757 Wrote:
(May. 21, 2020  6:54 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: I know there's already one for the anime, but I couldn't find anything else. Talk about the games, comics, and merchandise here!

Man yo Kai watch is old I haven't watched that in forever

been going since 2015 in america. luckily I was able to pick it up when it first came out, so I can say I've been with it since release which is kinda cool. I haven't watched the main yokai watch anime in a VERY long time tho.......mostly just spin offs and movies tbh.
(May. 22, 2020  2:02 AM)snoc Wrote:
(May. 22, 2020  2:00 AM)Jdog757 Wrote: Man yo Kai watch is old I haven't watched that in forever

been going since 2015 in america. luckily I was able to pick it up when it first came out, so I can say I've been with it since release which is kinda cool. I haven't watched the main yokai watch anime in a VERY long time tho.......mostly just spin offs and movies tbh.

I started watching it around when it came over here too. I even picked up the trading cards when they came out. as for the anime, i watched it and rewatched the ones i liked. (DRACUNYAN!)

Also, what are 'merican yo-kai called in japan? Do they have different designs? DOES APELICAN EXIST?

I guess i'll never get some of the stuff i wanted to see from yo-kai as hasbro discontinued it...
and i don't want to get the japanese stuff so i can't understand anything or not being able to use it with the stuff i already have
The wait for 4 to come to the west feels infinite

(May. 22, 2020  5:00 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(May. 22, 2020  2:02 AM)snoc Wrote: been going since 2015 in america. luckily I was able to pick it up when it first came out, so I can say I've been with it since release which is kinda cool. I haven't watched the main yokai watch anime in a VERY long time tho.......mostly just spin offs and movies tbh.

I started watching it around when it came over here too. I even picked up the trading cards when they came out. as for the anime, i watched it and rewatched the ones i liked. (DRACUNYAN!)

Also, what are 'merican yo-kai called in japan? Do they have different designs? DOES APELICAN EXIST?

I guess i'll never get some of the stuff i wanted to see from yo-kai as hasbro discontinued it...
and i don't want to get the japanese stuff so i can't understand anything or not being able to use it with the stuff i already have

late but whatev

pretty sure merican yokai are also called merican yokai in JP. Its technically not america, its BBQ which pretty much is bootleg america. And every Yokai is still there.
In an attempt to make this thread less dead, Yokai Watch 4 Localization is rumored to come in september, or anytime late this year (apparently september 5th was the original date, but it could be pushed back cause Corona, according to the "leaker" anyways). Take this with a grain of salt btw, if anything I would say mid 2021.
What's a yokai watch?
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:10 PM)kai edits Wrote: What's a yokai watch?

Yo-kai Watch is a role-playing video game developed and published by Level-5 for the Nintendo 3DS and the first game in the Yo-kai Watch franchise.
It looks like a knockoff of Pokemon
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:14 PM)kai edits Wrote: It looks like a knockoff of Pokemon

Everyone says that when they first see it, but everything about it is different. Just cause its a game in the monster casting genre doesn't mean its a Pokemon rip off. If anything, Pokemon is a rip off of Shin Megami Tensei by that logic.
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:16 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:14 PM)kai edits Wrote: It looks like a knockoff of Pokemon

Everyone says that when they first see it, but everything about it is different. Just cause its a game in the monster casting genre doesn't mean its a Pokemon rip off. If anything, Pokemon is a rip off of Shin Megami Tensei by that logic.

Idk why the pokemon fandom hates the yokai fandom like bro it's different so calm down Pokemon fandom
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:18 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:16 PM)snoc Wrote: Everyone says that when they first see it, but everything about it is different. Just cause its a game in the monster casting genre doesn't mean its a Pokemon rip off. If anything, Pokemon is a rip off of Shin Megami Tensei by that logic.

Idk why the pokemon fandom hates the yokai fandom like bro it's different so calm down Pokemon fandom

There's toxic people for the pokemon vs yokai watch debate in both, but 90% of the time Pokemon fans are more toxic towards Yokai Watch ones (no bias, for some reason they just hate any other monster game I guess.)
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:20 PM)snoc Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:18 PM)kai edits Wrote: Idk why the pokemon fandom hates the yokai fandom like bro it's different so calm down Pokemon fandom

There's toxic people for the pokemon vs yokai watch debate in both, but 90% of the time Pokemon fans are more toxic towards Yokai Watch ones (no bias, for some reason they just hate any other monster game I guess.)
Why tho its like the beyblade burst vs plastic gen all over again. The Pokemon fandom needs to grow up and be less toxic as a yugioh fan and yugioh player I take this very affencely towards both Pokemon,yokai watch and yugioh fandom this war has to stop
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:24 PM)kai edits Wrote:
(Jul. 09, 2020  10:20 PM)snoc Wrote: There's toxic people for the pokemon vs yokai watch debate in both, but 90% of the time Pokemon fans are more toxic towards Yokai Watch ones (no bias, for some reason they just hate any other monster game I guess.)
Why tho its like the beyblade burst vs plastic gen all over again. The Pokemon fandom needs to grow up and be less toxic as a yugioh fan and yugioh player I take this very affencely towards both Pokemon,yokai watch and yugioh fandom this war has to stop

Honestly, if journalists didn't start the "Yokai Watch is the Pokemon Killer!" rumors around when the game first released in the west, we most likely wouldn't even have this problem.
they're making a movie/show/animated thing for the Academy Y switch game coming out. Here's the op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFbFY0tEfNg&t=0s

btw they don't actually look like that. They're just using a toy style for the game

edit:btw I've heard its a movie, but it may just be an opening for the game? idk
3 days ago yokai watch turned 7 years old...makes me feel old for some reason lol, its been a while