Wyvern Heavy Survive vs Kerbeus Heavy Survive

I think we all know which is better at mobile defense (Wyvern), but who is better at immobile defense? I thought it was still Kerbeus, I tested Wyvern Heavy Defense a little when I first got it and bursted it easily. That's why these tests kind of surprised me

Equipment

Procedure

Valkyrie Heavy Accel vs. Kerbeus Heavy Survive
Valkyrie Heavy Accel: 13 wins (10 BF, 3 KO)
Kerbeus Heavy Survive: 7 wins (4 BF, 3 SF)
0 draws
Valkyrie win percentage: 65%
Average clicks lost per round:
Valkyrie: 2.55
Kerbeus: 3.15
Round by Round

Valkyrie Heavy Accel vs. Wyvern Heavy Survive
Valkyrie Heavy Accel: 7 wins (6 BF, 1 KO)
Wyvern Heavy Survive: 13 wins (5 BF, 8 SF)
0 draws
Valkyrie win percentage: 35%
Average clicks lost per round:
Valkyrie: 2.35
Wyvern: 2.25
Round by Round

Seems like some pretty major results, especially considering that we all thought Wyvern was garbage right off the bat. Seems like we have a new winner in all around defense for the time being. It is very good at deflecting, the Survive driver still gives it a bit of mobility when hit, since there is minimal surface area in contact with the stadium and it seems to take advantage of that.
Haha, I had the same thing happen (easily bursted at first, much more powerful later).

But yeah, these tests line up with my experience as well.
Yeah I was very happy to finally find out that at least one of the parts from the new release was useful
Nice to finally have some Wyvern tests on paper (or screen, I guess). Nice work Zoroaste. Great to see that Wyvern fills both niches of Defense well (I'm mainly happy because the coolest looking Burst Bey right now is actually useful, haha). As soon as my stuff comes in I'll do some tests to see if my results back yours up.
From what I heard, isn't it best to have Survive a bit worn down when using it for Defense?

Good results! Armed and Massive apparently aren't good, but I'm really happy Wyvern is! Thanks for the tests! Really excited to get mine. Smile
(Oct. 11, 2015  1:35 PM)Mitsu Wrote: From what I heard, isn't it best to have Survive a bit worn down when using it for Defense?
Yeah that's what some pepole seem to think, but I don't think it is true with Wyvern, since it's strength is deflecting and getting pushed away instead of taking
hits
Might I ask, why Survive instead of Defense or even Massive?
(Oct. 12, 2015  8:33 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Might I ask, why Survive instead of Defense or even Massive?

Survive is better. When survive is worn down a bit it gains a lot more balance which allows it to out spin drivers like Defense and Massive (which is actually the worse out of the three since it has poor stamina and no life after death like defense has). So yeah Survive basically outclasses the other drivers which is why it was used instead of the other two.
As soon as I opened my Wyvern I tried it on spread survive and heavy survive. I could barely ever burst it with Spriggan or Valkyrie heavy accel but it tended to burst more frequently against Kerbeus heavy defense and seemingly Ragnaruk? Oval Accel. Even Kerbeus heavy Defense was able to get more clicks on Wyvern than spriggan/valkyrie heavy accel. I feel like Kerbeus Heavy Accel may do well against Wyvern but I Haven't tested that theory yet.
It does, but that's about the only use Kerbeus has left. At that point, I'd rather use Deathscyther Spread Survive as it beats pretty much anything that can't KO or Burst it.
I wonder if any tests can be done with massive. I would've done them, but I don't own a legal stadium, only the tornado attack from bakuten.
(Oct. 13, 2015  12:25 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: I wonder if any tests can be done with massive. I would've done them, but I don't own a legal stadium, only the tornado attack from bakuten.

Massive has such poor stamina it can be stalled by pretty much anything on Heavy Accel, and it's not clear if Massive provides any real benefit in exchange for that poor stamina.
Yeah, more surface area on contact with the stadium floor seems like a lose lose to me. Less stamina, and more traction to get bursted from
(Oct. 13, 2015  2:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 13, 2015  12:25 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: I wonder if any tests can be done with massive. I would've done them, but I don't own a legal stadium, only the tornado attack from bakuten.

Massive has such poor stamina it can be stalled by pretty much anything on Heavy Accel, and it's not clear if Massive provides any real benefit in exchange for that poor stamina.

hey, then what about claw? Zoro, can you please do tests with Wyvern Central claw? I tried it in my tornado attack, and it is dead powerful.
From the spin time tests that I have done, it seems to be the same as Survive, but with the chance of the claws getting in the way. I am going to probably do some official tests with it just to make sure though. I hope there is a use for it, but it's not looking too good
The only problem with Claw is that it scrapes against attack and loses spin. Otherwise Claw is as good as Survive.
(Oct. 13, 2015  10:42 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote: The only problem with Claw is that it scrapes against attack and loses spin. Otherwise Claw is as good as Survive.

well, the scraping saves it's butt sometimes, since the stamina lost is nearly nill. I tried it with wyvern and central, and valkyrie heavy accele never stood a chance but yet again, i need a standard burst stadium.
(Oct. 13, 2015  10:42 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote: The only problem with Claw is that it scrapes against attack and loses spin. Otherwise Claw is as good as Survive.

Well, that's a pretty huge difference. :')

That said, Claw has its own advantages IMO — it weighs more, it wobbles better (for those sweet under-Layer Bursts) and moves back to the center of the stadium more quickly after being knocked away.
(Oct. 13, 2015  11:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Well, that's a pretty huge difference. :')

That said, Claw has its own advantages IMO — it weighs more, it wobbles better (for those sweet under-Layer Bursts) and moves back to the center of the stadium more quickly after being knocked away.

Sounds like defense to me!
Too easy to stall it and then knock it over in my experience. It's strong in the opening of the battle but much weaker later on since it has way worse balance than Survive when it's spinning slowly. Those claws scraping will finish it off.