World of Warcraft

Hey, anyone here play world of warcraft?

well i play:

Server: Aman'Thul
Character: Divinitie-80-paladin
Server: Haomarush
Characters:
Deikailo (lvl 19 Troll Rogue)
Ainma: (lvl 10 Undead Priest)

Server: Durotan
Character: Deikailo 20 Troll Rogue

God damn friends keep making me restart...
First, I had to restart because I played on my brother's account. Then I restarted because I didn't wanna be a hunter. Then I restarted because I found out I was on a PVE server and I was promised gold on a PVP server. I restarted again because my friend wouldn't play Horde if I didn't. Then she didn't like her character and wanted me to restart with her again. Then I moved and have a slow internet connection.
I think we still have the WoW thread somewhere in the Media section.

Lv80 Death Knight, for what it's worth. =\
i believe this should be in the vediogames section.
i was about to buy this game a few years ago but then i realized thatmy computer wasnt able to play it. but now i have a new one. is it worth buying?
(Apr. 13, 2009  1:54 PM)pegasis Wrote: i believe this should be in the vediogames section.

Dude, WoW isn't a game, it's a way of life like Star Trek...
(Apr. 13, 2009  2:47 PM)To Wrote: Dude, WoW isn't a game, it's a way of life like Star Trek...

I agree, apart from the Star Trek bit.

Had a 70 lock and a 70 hunter along with a few 19s with over 2k HP (challenged a lot for best in the bracket hunter, I don't think I ever found one to beat me, then again this was pre-wrath).

I had to quit because... well, expansions made me dislike the game a lot (bored of killed boars and being ganked by rogues), guild disbanded after TBC's release (60 raids were the best time of my life so far) and I just really wasn't feeling the game anymore, besides the fact it was addicting.

If anyone can be bothered, go to Defias Brotherhood EU and give Soltys a shout, say Eonall sent ya.
I help to run one of the best guilds in the world (I think we were top 20 in North America when TBC ended). The newest expansion launch did have some fun things about it, but the prestige of being the best wasn't there as the end content was rehashed and made easy.

However, with the patch that came out this week along with the new content, it looks highly promising. The encounters are fun.
(Apr. 16, 2009  6:53 PM)Ominous Wrote: I help to run one of the best guilds in the world (I think we were top 20 in North America when TBC ended). The newest expansion launch did have some fun things about it, but the prestige of being the best wasn't there as the end content was rehashed and made easy.

However, with the patch that came out this week along with the new content, it looks highly promising. The encounters are fun.

Looks nice, I've been waiting for something other than being ganked by rogues for rubbish PvP rewards and doing Naxx again for recoloured sets (I already ran it enough times at 60 ffs).

Good to know blizz are going to do stuff other than be lazy on PvP and copypasta instances.
I recently picked this up. Found the Battle Chest for 8.50GBP, while right next to it was the basic WoW for 9.99 (had to double take when I saw that). Figured I'd pick it up and give it a proper try. Seems all right so far, not as great as some people make it out to be, not so terrible as others.
Server: Aggramar (EU)
IGN: Rhoul (Level 12-ish Draenei Paladin)
(Apr. 18, 2009  12:42 PM)Munkerz Wrote: I recently picked this up. Found the Battle Chest for 8.50GBP, while right next to it was the basic WoW for 9.99 (had to double take when I saw that). Figured I'd pick it up and give it a proper try. Seems all right so far, not as great as some people make it out to be, not so terrible as others.
Server: Aggramar (EU)
IGN: Rhoul (Level 12-ish Draenei Paladin)

I don't believe playing the original WoW so many years after it's release will give an accurate representation and feel of what it was like.

A few years ago the graphics seemed all the more amazing, but besides that there were FAR less twinks, many more players around the continents, more PvP, epics meant more etc.

At the moment everyone's farming northrend instances and raids for their required epics. =/

Nice one getting it for so cheap though, it's still a great game to play! The addiction really sinks in after you become attached to your character and then PvP starts to really matter to you.
PvP doesn't carry the same weight for everyone. I still prefer PvE content.

The new stuff is actually somewhat challenging, and we haven't even gotten to the hard modes yet.

The Yogg-Saron encounter (LOL Lovecraft ripoffs) is fairly interesting and the voice acting is alright, but it still doesn't beat the C'thun (LOL more Lovecraft ripoffs) encounter.

One of the best touches of the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj was that players received random "personal whispers" from the Old God at random intervals inside the instance that no one else could hear. It had a good level of creepiness to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLCE18C6fKQ

I remember when we were new to the zone; people were like, "did you hear something?" since no one else could hear what you were hearing, we all thought at first that it was an oddity before we knew what was going on.
I enjoyed a lot of the old encounters very much, probably due to the fact that it was themed to what I expected of the game whereas it's now changed, because my guild was amazing and I really had fun with them, and the great feeling of getting level sixty after all those levels.

Now I come to think of it, many of the encounters weren't scripted too well. Among my guild it was infamous that Onyxia would bug and not follow the correct pattern amongst other Zul'Gurub bugs. It was only really TBC when I began on the PvP because I found that the game's PvE theme didn't really suit me anymore.

Also, the people on my server either became more carping dumb as time went on after TBC or I came out of some sort of reverie. Also, why do they have to increase the level cap? 10 levels of boar grinding IS NOT FUN. D=
(Apr. 18, 2009  6:47 PM)Pikachao Wrote: 10 levels of boar grinding IS NOT FUN. D=

This just totally reminded me of that South Park episode: Make Love not Warcraft
UNDEAD boars

The leveling to 80 actually had some fun little gimmicks along the way. The storyline was a lot better and felt more involved. They introduced the Death Knight starting area (which was an amazing success), and the new tech that phases things in and out when you complete objectives so you feel like what you did has a lasting impact, rather than something the person behind you is also doing.
(Apr. 19, 2009  8:22 AM)Ominous Wrote: UNDEAD boars

The leveling to 80 actually had some fun little gimmicks along the way. The storyline was a lot better and felt more involved. They introduced the Death Knight starting area (which was an amazing success), and the new tech that phases things in and out when you complete objectives so you feel like what you did has a lasting impact, rather than something the person behind you is also doing.

I didn't like the way they've introduced the new class (hero class sounds so dumb imo) and I especially dislike the way they gave alliance shamans and horde paladins. I always thought it was kind of nice that each side had one unique class.

The feeling of having a lasting impact is what drove me to World PvP with my second guild. It was amazing when you took over a keep or area for your first time with a big raid, and rather than it being "wait a week to farm this instance again" it was "Where do you wanna raid today? Try ogrimmar for the first time? 5 raid groups, 200 people sound good? HELL YEAH!" xD

I guess this was kind of good though because it gave you something to do WHILE you were waiting for the instance resets.

One thing I don't understand is why blizzard introduced easy epics and the carp looking PvP gear in Wrath. o.O
I always think easy epic was caused by the increasing popularity of WoW in general. The more people play, there will be more of casuals getting into the game and they need some form of progression in gear. so Blizzard creates easy epics for them. well, at least some gear like from Ulduar hard modes will be HARD to get.

also because the more people get into the game the community will have trouble getting together. Internet anonymity cause these kinds of problem, I think. and.. the 25 and 10 man was created...

oh Oceanic Server, Thaurissan.
lv42 Druid, Werkbau >.>
just started "officially" 2 months ago.
(Apr. 19, 2009  2:21 PM)Werkbau Wrote: I always think easy epic was caused by the increasing popularity of WoW in general. The more people play, there will be more of casuals getting into the game and they need some form of progression in gear. so Blizzard creates easy epics for them. well, at least some gear like from Ulduar hard modes will be HARD to get.

also because the more people get into the game the community will have trouble getting together. Internet anonymity cause these kinds of problem, I think. and.. the 25 and 10 man was created...

oh Oceanic Server, Thaurissan.
lv42 Druid, Werkbau >.>
just started "officially" 2 months ago.

Even when I was levelling, if epics were easy to get I don't think I'd see the motivation in them. =/

Internet anonymity was never a problem in my first guild back at 60. Hardly any of us knew each other at first and we spanned from doing to small raids like Upper Blackrock Spire all the way to Blackwing Lair and Naxxramas, we never found it a problem because we had around fifty members and they'd almost always all be online for the raids we scheduled. By the time we were at BWL, we were all great friends. =]
Giving each side access to Shamans and Paladins was necessary for balance issues. It was kind of cool that Horde were generally stronger offense and Alliance were stronger defense because of the original setup, but there were certain encounters where one side simply had the clear advantage because of what one of the faction-specific classes could do, whereas the other side would simply bang their heads in frustration (e.g. Viscidus).

Werkbau pretty much outlined the reason why getting gear is relatively easy from the get-go. The game is now meant to be accessible. From a business and development standpoint, creating instances is a very lengthy and expensive process. It seemed ridiculously foolish and insulting to the team of developers/designers/artists/programmers that less than 5% of the WoW player population saw the original Naxxramas after they had poured so much effort into creating that content.

As such, yeah the starting content was easy (perhaps a bit too easy, as they admit). Ulduar is definitely not as easy right now - and right now I'm talking about the easy modes. The hard modes are pretty ridiculous. Hard modes are designed to distinguish the better groups now, as better stuff drops from the hard modes, and there is one boss in particular that can only be accessed through hard modes (which not even the best guilds in the world have unlocked).

40-man raids grew too ridiculous. They were cumbersome to organize and generally some people could slack off while the rest actually contributed to doing the content. Fewer people mean that each player's individual contribution to the encounter actually means something - you all actually have to exert effort.
(Apr. 19, 2009  5:48 PM)Ominous Wrote: 40-man raids grew too ridiculous. They were cumbersome to organize and generally some people could slack off while the rest actually contributed to doing the content. Fewer people mean that each player's individual contribution to the encounter actually means something - you all actually have to exert effort.

I never found that anyone in our guild slacked off. =S

I guess I just liked the epic feel and stuff when 40 people rushed in to kill a dragon or something.

Also, how did they explain away the fact that illidan was like 10,000ft tall for no reason, and Kil'Jaeden even larger? lol

I can understand when it's a dragon but... really, Illidan used to be a Nelf iirc. Also, why is he the bad guy? The way I see it, we've been imprisoning him, kicking him out of his homeland, and then beating the carp out of him every time he tries to fight back for yeaaaars. xD
Your members may not have slacked off, but the point is they could have if they wanted to, and you would have beaten the encounter just fine (assuming you had a core section performing well).

Illidan became a demon after reacting with the Skull of Gul'dan. After claiming Outland as his kingdom, his influence over the entire world left negative impact (e.g. the water draining in Zangarmarsh). Kil'jaeden should be a bit more self-explanatory. He's a ridiculously powerful demon who's even stronger than Archimonde (and you know what that guy tried to do). Changing his size is a trivial thing compared to the other kind of stuff he can do.

It's more for dramatic effect and to help people target him easier.
(Apr. 19, 2009  6:33 PM)Ominous Wrote: Your members may not have slacked off, but the point is they could have if they wanted to, and you would have beaten the encounter just fine (assuming you had a core section performing well).

Illidan became a demon after reacting with the Skull of Gul'dan. After claiming Outland as his kingdom, his influence over the entire world left negative impact (e.g. the water draining in Zangarmarsh). Kil'jaeden should be a bit more self-explanatory. He's a ridiculously powerful demon who's even stronger than Archimonde (and you know what that guy tried to do). Changing his size is a trivial thing compared to the other kind of stuff he can do.

It's more for dramatic effect and to help people target him easier.

never make fun of beyblade ever again
what are epics? never played wow

also lol @ the above post
hey i play wow im an undead
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-World-of-Warcraft
That thread was made first so should this thread be locked ?