Worklist - Call your assignment here damnit

(Jan. 28, 2009  12:13 AM)Anu Wrote: That's Before I read it...

Maybe you should read posts before responding to them.
I am going to write an article for Advance Striker. Would like to see the advance series get fully covered. Just to clarify once I finish the article should I just PM it to you Brad? I shall begin writing it next week, once I have a break between my classes.
You can post it in this forum. That way everybody can make comments and suggestions.
OK, here is my rough draft for the Advance Striker article. Feel free to tear it to shreds, as I can take criticism (the constructive kind is the most appreciated). The thing I would like input on a lot would be the combos section. My HMS parts are limited so some of them I had to go by just general knowledge and I may have made mistakes in my judgment. Or if you would rather read the word document I could PM it to you guys.

Advance Striker

Bit Protector
This is the second generation bit protector released; it is tighter that the initial bit protectors allowing for a better fit.

Attack Ring (21 grams)

The attack ring of this beyblade is Advance Attacker, its gimmick is a reversible Metal Frame. The Metal Frame separates from the ABS Caul so it can be flipped to provide Upper Attack ability or Force Smash attack ability. It is also characterized by being symmetrical, so the attack in left spin or right spin is the same. This versatility allows Advance Striker to be the best option for upper attack in left spin. In right spin however it is outclassed Circle Upper and Samurai Upper. Its Force Smash feature is useful; however uncustomized this is useless since Force Smash requires a tall RC to be effective. When paired with an effective RC this feature can be useful.

The ABS Caul is a fairly conservative shape, it is nearly a full circle with three small triangular protrusions, and most of the contact is made by the metal frame. Other than some wear on the protrusions the rest of the ABS Caul will receive next to no damage. Its circular shape also allows for better balance.

Another feature of this AR is its size/weight ratio; weighing in at 21 grams Advance Attacker falls in the category for second heaviest attack ring. This weight combined by its small shape allows it to be a good choice for compact customizations. The only AR to weigh more and be as small is Jiraya Blade; but the difficulty obtaining that blade leaves this as a more viable option for most bladers. Other AR’s like Metal Ape’s are more compact, but weigh less.

Use in Upper Attack Customizations:
Advance Attacker can be used effectively in Upper Attack customs in both left and right spin.

AR: Advance Attacker
WD: Circle Heavy/CWD (defense Ring)
RC: Metal Change core

WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Grip Flat Core/ Grip Flat Core ultimate version

Use in Force Smash Customization
With a taller RC, the Force Smash mode of Advance Attacker is perfect for Force Smash customs.

AR: Advance Attacker (Force Smash)
WD: Circle Balance
RC: Manual Change Core/Metal Sharp Core/ Tornado Change Core

Weight Disk
Circle Heavy (16 grams)

Running Core (3 grams)

Metal Flat core was supposed to be an upgrade to Gaia Dragoon MS' Flat core, and in general it is. It has superior speed, survival and durability than its predecessor. The metal tip allows for extremely high speeds matching that of Metal Change core and falling behind only to Grip Flat Core and Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode, and because it is metal, it will never be worn down through use in battle.

This RC also has the benefit for being extremely short. It is the third shortest RC bested only by GFC and GFC UM. This height makes is a good option for employing upper attack combos and compact attackers. By using the Sliding Shoot technique this can be an effective attack RC; without it though it is very uncontrollable and wild in the stadium.

Uses in Upper Attack Customization:
The high movement speed of Metal Flat Core makes it a great choice for attack customs.

AR: Circle Upper/Samurai Upper
WD: Circle Heavy/CWD (Defense Ring)
RC: Metal Flat Core

Use in Smash Attack Customization

Because the tip of Metal Flat Core is metal, its survival capability is much higher than that of Grip Flat Core and other similar RC's. This, along with the compact nature of Metal Spring and Circle Heavy make this high spin-rate Smash Attack custom something that can be used to counter the generic Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode) customs that are so commonly seen in tournaments.

AR: Metal Spring

Overall

As you can tell this beyblade as a whole is fairly good. Its attack ring does has effective upper attack, but it is outclassed by the two popular game breakers in the format (Circle Upper, Samurai Upper). This disparity prevents it from being used in most competitive play as an Upper Attack AR unless playing within Restricted HMS tournament Rules. Its real strength lies in its force smash ability, since that attack style is far less populated. The RC Metal Flat core is a very useful part to own. The low height, high speed and good durability make it a very good option for Smash Attack combination in a field overpopulated with Upper Attack Combos. Overall this is a good buy for HMS, and a serious player should have one in their collection to diversify their customization opportunities.
For the first combo wouldn't GFCUM or GFC be better?
Also the second one wouldn't work you need upper attack to be heavy so Circle Wide would be useless
(Feb. 07, 2009  10:18 PM)Giga Wrote: For the first combo wouldn't GFCUM or GFC be better?
Also the second one wouldn't work you need upper attack to be heavy so Circle Wide would be useless

I changed the second one to circle heavy, you are right. As for the first one, I just gave another alternative to GFC and GFCUV since that is the second combo. Should I leave it like that or should I get rid of the first one altogether?
Maybe put GFC on one and GFCUM on the other? If your looking for alternatives you could use MWFC
The first thing that caught my eyes was 'most unique'. Pinching_eyes_2

Still, nice article. Don't know all too much about the blade but it all seems to fit. Smile

There are four 'c's which should be capital 'C's and you could prolly add a few more commas but that's really just me being a presentation carp. :\
(Feb. 08, 2009  1:03 AM)Rocky Wrote: The first thing that caught my eyes was 'most unique'. >.<

Me too. Even though I used the term in my Bloody Devil MS article, it just sounds weird the way you said it.

More importantly however, before I make any edits to the content myself, could you just change the combo sections so that they say "Use in Upper Attack Customization" (or whatever type it may be) and provide a small description of the combo before listing it. Just tryng to keep it as consistent with the current articles.

So far, it looks good Smile I will be making some edits tommorow though.
Yes, that's a good article but I suggest this defense combo:
AR: Advance Attacker (force smash)
WD: Eternal Survivor
RC: Bearing Core 2
Thanks for the input guys keep it coming; Kei I made the changes you stated. Also Darkal68 that seems like it would work but can anyone else verify with the CWD? I have the RC and the AR but those are at my residence so testing it right now is not possible. I just want to make sure if that is the best CWD choice (no offense to you Darkal68)
(Feb. 07, 2009  10:11 PM)Arjun Wrote:
Advance Striker

Bit Protector
This is the second generation bit protector released; it is tighter that the initial bit protectors allowing for a better fit.

Attack Ring (21 grams)

The attack ring of this beyblade is Advance Attacker, its gimmick is a reversible Metal Frame. The Metal Frame separates from the ABS Caul so it can be flipped to provide Upper Attack ability or Force Smash attack ability. It is also characterized by being symmetrical, so the attack in left spin or right spin is the same. This versatility allows Advance Striker to be the best option for upper attack in left spin. In right spin however it is outclassed Circle Upper and Samurai Upper. Its Force Smash feature is useful; however uncustomized this is useless since Force Smash requires a tall RC to be effective. When paired with an effective RC this feature can be useful.

The ABS Caul is a fairly conservative shape, it is nearly a full circle with three small triangular protrusions, and most of the contact is made by the metal frame. Other than some wear on the protrusions the rest of the ABS Caul will receive next to no damage. Its circular shape also allows for better balance.

Another feature of this AR is its size/weight ratio; weighing in at 21 grams Advance Attacker falls in the category for second heaviest attack ring. This weight combined by its small shape allows it to be a good choice for compact customizations. The only AR to weigh more and be as small is Jiraya Blade; but the difficulty obtaining that blade leaves this as a more viable option for most bladers. Other AR’s like Metal Ape’s are more compact, but weigh less.

Use in Upper Attack Customizations:
Advance Attacker can be used effectively in Upper Attack customs in both left and right spin.

WD: Circle Heavy/CWD (defense Ring)
RC: Metal Change core

RC: Grip Flat Core/ Grip Flat Core ultimate version

Use in Force Smash Customization
With a taller RC, the Force Smash mode of Advance Attacker is perfect for Force Smash customs.

AR: Advance Attacker (Force Smash)
WD: Circle Balance
RC: Manual Change Core/Metal Sharp Core/ Tornado Change Core

Weight Disk
Circle Heavy (16 grams)

Running Core (3 grams)

Metal Flat core was supposed to be an upgrade to Gaia Dragoon MS' Flat core, and in general it is. It has superior speed, survival and durability than its predecessor. The metal tip allows for extremely high speeds matching that of Metal Change core and falling behind only to Grip Flat Core and Grip Flat Core Ultimate Mode, and because it is metal, it will never be worn down through use in battle.

This RC also has the benefit for being extremely short. It is the third shortest RC bested only by GFC and GFC UM. This height makes is a good option for employing upper attack combos and compact attackers. By using the Sliding Shoot technique this can be an effective attack RC; without it though it is very uncontrollable and wild in the stadium.

Uses in Upper Attack Customization:
The high movement speed of Metal Flat Core makes it a great choice for attack customs.

AR: Circle Upper/Samurai Upper
WD: Circle Heavy/CWD (Defense Ring)

Use in Smash Attack Customization
Because the tip of Metal Flat Core is metal, its survival capability is much higher than that of Grip Flat Core and other similar RC's. This, along with the compact nature of Metal Spring and Circle Heavy make this high spin-rate Smash Attack custom something that can be used to counter the generic Grip Flat Core (Ultimate Mode) customs that are so commonly seen in tournaments.

AR: Metal Spring

Overall

As you can tell this Beyblade as a whole is fairly good. It has effective Force Smash or Upper Attack, good speed and high weight (41 grams). The big problem is that it suffers from being just ‘good’ at all of those things. The game killers in the HMS attack category (Samurai Changer, Dragoon MS/MSUV, DEMS) all outclass it, so when up against them Advance Striker is unable to keep up in an unrestricted format tournament. However the benefit of this beyblade lies in using it in restricted HMS format. Many of the aforementioned blades have parts that are on the banned list for these matches. These restrictions make this a very good if not excellent option to employ in attack combos.

Overall this is a good buy for HMS, and a serious competitor should have one in their collection. For new players who are able to get the game killers it would be better to invest in those first (especially the rarer ones) before getting this. However if that is not possible this is a good alternative.

Made a number of changes. You may want to consider re-writing the Overall section because of the Smash Attack custom I suggested for Metal Flat Core.

I'll take some pictures of Advance Striker soon.
Thanks for the input Kei; I made the changes you added, and rewrote part of the Overall section. I have updated my original post on the previous page.
If you want to wait for pictures, I'll be getting some brand new Strikers soon.
(Feb. 08, 2009  9:30 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: If you want to wait for pictures, I'll be getting some brand new Strikers soon.

Pictures of newer Strikers would be best I guess. I have Two, one worn down, and one good condition but without stickers making mine not ideal for good shots. It is really up to Kei though.
My Striker is in good condition, but having pictures of a new one with the box and such would be better.
I call Dranzer F and Dranzer S, though, I'll probably be asking about Dranzer S's AR since I have no idea what to say about it.
(Feb. 10, 2009  10:42 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: I call Dranzer F and Dranzer S, though, I'll probably be asking about Dranzer S's AR since I have no idea what to say about it.

That's why we're here.
Just out of curiosity, should I post my article as a separate thread or just leave it in here? Might catch more eyes that way.
Post your article in it's own thread that way more people will see it (as you said) and there will be unlimited room for disscussion about it.
Calling Dark Leopard MS & Wyvern DJ seeing as those are the only two HMS blades I have that have not been covered.

EDIT: I cannot believe there is no article on Dranzer V2! DIBS on that after I finish Wyvern (couple of weeks probably since finals are next week)

It's bizarre, I actually really enjoy working on these articles.
Calling Seaborg 2
just to check in i haven't forgotten about my articles

just been busy with back-end stuff for the site