Wolborg 03 (Ariel) Draft

Wolborg 03 (Ariel)

__TOC__

== Release ==
The takara release was through the coro coro magazine. Hasbro released this beyblade under the name Wolborg 3 in the G Revolution era.

==Attack Ring (AR): Cross Horn==
*'''Weight:''' 5 grams
This AR is clearly very similar to the AR Turtle Survivor (Master Dranzer/Metal Draciel) having a similar shape with four wings which are headed by the head of uriel. However while being similar it isn’t exact and the shaping of the Cross Horn impedes its ability. The ends of the wings are blunt instead of sharp meaning that its smash attack they provide is nowhere near as powerful. The ranges of the contact points are also limited. In left spin it has zombie use but less so than Turtle Survivor. Unlike Turtle Survivor the AR doesn’t have breaking issue on the wings because they aren’t as thin on the wings because of the blunt bulky edges.

==Weight Disk (WD): Revolver Attack==

==Spin Gear (SG): Neo Right SG (South Core Version)==

==Blade Base (BB): SG Grip Base==
*'''Weight:''' 8 grams
This base is a clear copy of Dragoon V’s Magnet Flat Base but with the wings facing Right instead of Left. The shaft of it is slightly larger however than both Magnet Flat Base and Customize Grip Base’ to allow the rubber tip to spin freely. The rubber tip has use in Defence and can be used in Dragoon V2’s base. However it has very bad stamina and any combo using it is likely to be outspun. As such Wolborg 2’s SG should be used instead. The tip also has minor attack movement but it isn’t strong enough to be able to KO anything and at best it may knock bad opponents off balance.

==Other Versions==
Ariel (Wolborg 03)
This is the more common version of the beyblade and was only released by Takara also as a Coro Coro release. However it shouldn’t be used for battling due to the gold plastic syndrome makes the parts easily breakable.

==Overall==
While the parts do have uses competitively in several types of combos they are all very much outclassed and shouldn’t but used unless there is no other choice. In addition to this both the Takara and Hasbro versions are quite rare. This beyblade should only be purchased for collection purposes.
There's no beyblade called Ariel (Wolborg 03)... I thought we covered this? Both had the same name, Wolborg 03 (Ariel), and the gold one was the original. You need to cover it's breakage issues probably in a separate section, I'll dig up the in-progress Ariel 2 draft I was working on a while back as I think I laid out how to mention that when I was writing it.

Defensive use of the tip is questionable, it's a flat tip so it's quite aggressive, though it is the heaviest changeable tip which should be mentioned.

I believe the AR design represents Ram Heads, I think the wing parts are just like the back of the neck and top of the horns though it's a pretty badly done design. It's zombie abilities would be best described as "slightly worse than Turtle Survivor, and greatly outclassed by the likes of Tiger Defenser, Scissors Attacker and Twin Horn."

WD Section should link to an article titled Attack Weight Disks that I'm working on.

The base's wings should have decent attack power, just as Dragoon V's do, albeit somewhat recoil prone due to their outward angle, and generally not as useful as Dragoon V2's base with less recoily SP that enhance the weight distribution or stay out of the way. Haven't tested it because mine's gold but it's the indentical shape in opposite spin so it's really not that hard to tell.
I didn't get that from what you said at all but oh well. Yes I was planning on doing that in a seperate bit. I guess it should be switched and describe the gold one and then the black in the Other Versions then. Yes they are ram heads. I just couldn't remember the name.
I think the naming situation with this bey should be explained more somewhere in this article, because it is not very clear if the bey is really supposed to be Ariel or Wolborg 3, as well as which companies preferred what name.

And wait a moment, isn't the name Uriel, not Ariel?
Um the only name of it is Wolborg 03 (Ariel). I was wrong in calling it Ariel (Wolborg 03). What do you mean which companies? Hasbro never called it anything other than Wolborg 3. The proper japanese spells it Ariel (it was pronounced that way in the show too so it's kind of a mystery why they called in Uriel too because it's wrong (same with Ariel 2 as well). Yes there will be a section on the name but this is the bare minimum I found acceptable to put up (i'm working on several others too which are all in my bio so give me a break).
I remember seeing the spelling for "Uriel" somewhere, but I cannot remember...

Again, I am just a bit lost; Takara released "Wolborg 3 (Ariel)" first, then later released the gold version of the bey, "Ariel (Wolborg 3)." Then, Hasbro released "Wolborg 3" but Ariel was not included in the name?

Edit: I found this on these forums, regarding "Uriel" Was that Hasbro's spelling?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf2TF_Qzfyd2JezUqP-6A...bfr505Dxfg]

Overall, I am just a bit confused by the naming. I don't know why, I am sure it is simple and easy to get, but I am just having one of those moments...
Just don't bother going over it since i've clearly confused you. Hasbro never used the name Uriel for anything.
That won't help me understand it then 0_o

And, if they didn't use the name Uriel, why is the name in the picture? A sticker misprint?
It's a sticker misprint or perhaps avoiding a lawsuit from disney, as they seemed to avoid translating the Ariel part of the name for that and Ariel 2 in English in various documentation. Either way, the Japanese name and the name in both animes is Ariel, and that is the correct name. Sticker errors are very common (BAY BLADE was on a few releases, and Shining Dog, etc), though the repeat of it on Ariel 2 is interesting, the Japanese name and the Anime make it quite clear. Hasbro never used Ariel or Uriel for either beyblade.

As I stated quite clearly in my post, Leon, Wolborg 03 (Ariel) was the only name Takara used. Hasbro Released it as Wolborg 3.

I realise the name Uriel is still used on the wiki, I'll be fixing that either today or tomorrow.
Thank you th!nk. Grin

Weird that Hasbro released Wolborg 3 in such drastically different colors, and with no mention of Ariel until Ariel 2...odd.
Um Takara created the black version too so it isn't wierd at all.
Hasbro never made an Ariel 2, they released Capricorn Strike G instead. The anime still called it Ariel though. Just one of those Hasbro things.
Ultra: I didn't know Takara made the black version as well. How did Takara release that color variant?

@th!nk: Well, that answers my fake question (I asked if Capricorn Strike G was fake on the fakes thread but I guess not)

Well, is Capricorn Strike G different from Ariel 2 in any way?
Very different..capricorn strike gnhas gyro gear blade base like flame pegasuS instead of the rubber tip with sp base..

The black wolborg 3 is released first if i not mistaken...then the gold uriel version is released by coro coro..
Dude, I am already confused enough as it is. Don't go around mixing up which number we are discussing, or I might get dizzy from confusion haha XD
Guys stop asking questions! Ah! You both seem to have no faith in me despite me being the most knowledgeable on what was released.

Benji: Not according to th!nk. Also both were released by Coro Coro.
Leon: Read the draft. It's in there.
Unrelated to the Wiki content here, but just some discussions regarding the name:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Errors-o...#pid899854
I've since discussed it with Kai-V via PM, as well as having information from the Spin Up Guide books and more time to go over stuff, and it's been agreed upon that the main reasons for not changing it earlier are no longer relevant - people are now generally familiar with the name Ariel, and people now understand that these sorts of errors did happen back then. When the article goes up, redirects will be made and notes included about the naming confusion.

I'll be going through and fixing a bunch of naming stuff on the wiki today, this one included.

Benjo: The gold version was released first, I am absolutely sure of this.

And for the last time, I'll spell everything out nice and simple, for everyone.
Ariel Facts Wrote:Takara's releases were both called Wolborg 03 (Ariel), the original being gold, and the black recolor being named "Wolborg 03 (Ariel) Black Ver." This means Wolborg 03 is the main name of both releases, and Ariel the nickname.

Hasbro's release was called Wolborg 3. (Not 03)

Uriel was an error and isn't a thing. Stop using the name, or I'll start making sarcastic remarks about Shining Dog in response.

Ariel 2 was released by hasbro as Capricorn Strike G and was Ariel 2's Neo Cross Horn AR on Flame Pegasus' Gyro Gear and CEW Metal Sharp.

Hasbro never used the Ariel name, however both the dub and original anime did, and the katakana for all instances of the word Ariel clearly reads ARiERu, i.e. Ariel.

Hopefully, this won't need to be explained again, and we can actually focus on the Draft instead of one of many errors made in the past.
^I'm all good now. Thanks for reiterating that. Smile

(Aug. 07, 2012  8:46 AM)Ultra Wrote: Guys stop asking questions! Ah! You both seem to have no faith in me despite me being the most knowledgeable on what was released.

Benji: Not according to th!nk. Also both were released by Coro Coro.
Leon: Read the draft. It's in there.

Chill Chocked_2 You basically just told us to be ignorant and know nothing

We never said we had no faith in you, nor did we even ask questions that would question your knowledgeably itself. And I am really the only one who asked a question, not Benji. All of my questions were answered by both you and th!nk, so there is nothing to get all excited about.

So all is good, ok? Smile
He's just stating most of what you both asked/questioned had already been made clear in the article or discussions before you asked. As such, it comes accross as you questioning what we had already said.

Both Ultra and myself tend to get overwhelmed by questions, especially if it's questioning something we've already spent a large amount of time discussing and resolving, both publicly and in private. I apologise if I'm short with people sometimes as a result, it's just when you've typed the same thing 5 or 6 times and people still don't seem to understand, it becomes very frustrating, so please try to understand we generally don't mean offence, we're just very tired of explaining certain things and would rather get on with actual work which will, in the end at least, fully explain the answers to all of those questions and more.
It's fine. I can get the same way with people sometimes, so I get where you are coming from. Smile
Combo worth throwing in

AR: Cross Griffon
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right SG
SG Core: South Magnecore (Dranzer V Version)
BB: SG Grip Base
Tip: Customize Grip Base

SG Core lets CGB tip be used at a lower height. Outclassed by Grip Base, and CGB+Triple Tiger/Upper Claw, but the best combo for the base and a good combo overall. Obviously, only the black version. Not 100% sure why but the tip spins less freely than with a normal core.
The Dranzer V draft/article will have some details and that should be up tomorrow (tidying it up currently, and shortening the sg section in particular) but basically the Core lets Ariel/Dragoon V/V2's tips be used at a lower height due to its different bottom section (both slightly shorter and designed in a way that lets the tip sit up further). CGB's tip is the only good one of the tips, but scrapes in its own base, basically leaving it with Ariel and Dragoon V's bases.

Actually, Ultra, I'll PM you my current copy of the dranzer v sg section so you can read it yourself and write it up, if you want/have free time.
(Aug. 06, 2012  3:00 PM)Ultra Wrote: Wolborg 03 (Ariel)

__TOC__

== Release ==
Takara released Ariel as a limited edition Beyblade through the CoroCoro magazine. Hasbro released this beyblade under the name Wolborg 3 in the G Revolution era.

This AR is similar to Turtle Survivor (Master Dranzer/Metal Draciel) due to its similar, four-winged shape. On Cross Horn, each wing is designed as an Ariel head. However, despite the similarities between Cross Horn and Turtle Survivor, the shape isn’t exactly alike which impedes Cross Horn's Smash Attack. The major contact points on the wings are blunt instead of sharp, severely limiting the Smash Attack potential of Cross Horn. Combined with a small attack range, Cross Horn finds itself outclassed by the likes of other right-spin Smash ARs like Triple Wing. Cross Horn has use in left-spin zombies, but less than Turtle Survivor. A major advantage that Cross Horn holds over Turtle Survivor is the decreased chance of breaking and increased thickness of the AR due to the blunt, bulky edges of the four wings.

This base is a copy of Dragoon V’s Magne Flat Base with some minor differences. On SG Grip Base, the wings face right instead of left and the shaft is slightly larger than both Magne Flat Base's and Customize Grip Base’s, which allows the rubber tip to spin freely. The rubber tip has use in Defense and can be used in Dragoon V2’s BB, but has poor stamina and any combo using this BB is likely to be outspun. If used for Defense, Wolborg 2’s SG is a much better alternative. The rubber tip has minor attack movement, but it isn’t strong enough to KO anything and at best may knock weaker opponents off balance.

==Other Versions==
Ariel (Wolborg 03)-Gold
  • This is the more common version of the beyblade and was released by Takara through CoroCoro. However, the Takara version of Ariel shouldn’t be used for battling because it suffers from gold plastic syndrome, which makes the parts very fragile.

==Overall==
While the parts do have uses competitively in several types of combos they are all very much outclassed and shouldn’t but used unless there is no other choice. In addition to this both the Takara and Hasbro versions are quite rare. This beyblade should only be purchased for collection purposes.

I'm rather lacking in knowledge of the formatting code for Beywiki, so if someone can just edit my version with the appropriate links. (Turtle Survivor links to Master Dranzer, Magne Flat to Dragoon V, CGB to Dragoon V2, Smash Attack to Smash Attack)
How does it look? I tried to only go for formatting changes, so any pre-existing content errors were there before I made any edits.
(Sep. 26, 2012  1:38 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2012  3:00 PM)Ultra Wrote: Wolborg 03 (Ariel)

__TOC__

== Release ==
Takara released Ariel as a limited edition Beyblade through the CoroCoro magazine. Hasbro released this beyblade under the name Wolborg 3 in the G Revolution era.

This AR reminiscent [[Turtle Survivor|Master Dranzer/Metal Draciel]], that is taking the form of four-winged beast. On Cross Horn AR, each wing is designed as an Ariel head instead of turtle/ bird head. However, despite the similarities between Cross Horn and [[Turtle Survivor]], the shape isn’t exactly alike which impedes Cross Horn's [[Smash Attack]]. The major contact points on the wings are blunt instead of sharp, severely limiting the [[Smash Attack]] potential of Cross Horn. Combined with a small attack range, Cross Horn finds itself outclassed by the likes of other right-spin Smash ARs like [[Triple Wing]]. Cross Horn has some use in left-spin [[Zombies]], but perform no better than [[Turtle Survivor]]. A major advantage that Cross Horn holds over Turtle Survivor is lower chance of breakage due to the increased in thickness of the AR due to the blunt, bulky edges of the four wings.

This base is a mirror of [[Dragoon V]]’s Magne Flat Base with some minor differences. On SG Grip Base, the wings face right instead of left and the shaft is slightly larger than both [[Magne Flat Base]]'s and [[Customize Grip Base]]’s, which allows the rubber tip to spin freely. The rubber tip has use in Defense and can be used in [[Dragoon V2]]’s BB, but has poor stamina and any combo using this BB is likely to be outspun. If used for [[Defense]], [[Wolborg 2]]’s SG is a much better alternative. The rubber tip has minor attack movement, but it isn’t strong enough to KO anything and at best may knock weaker opponents off balance.

==Other Versions==
Ariel (Wolborg 03)-Gold

*This is the more common version of the beyblade and was released by Takara through CoroCoro. However, the Takara version of Ariel shouldn’t be used for battling because it suffers from gold plastic syndrome, which makes the parts very fragile.

==Overall==
While the parts have some uses competitively in several types of combos they are all very much outclassed and shouldn’t be used unless there is no other choice. In addition to this both the Takara and Hasbro versions are quite rare. '''This beyblade should only be purchased for collection purposes.'''

those the formatting that i know of..haha..th!nk and others should know if there are any errors..also editted some words..haha
Thanks for that, guys. I'll go over this tonight and make the changes I suggested.