Winning Valkyrie Combo Testing

I dont want to netroscope or anything but I think Winning Valkyrie should be unbanned in Burst Limited.
(Jul. 12, 2020  2:27 PM)g2_ Wrote: I dont want to netroscope or anything but I think Winning Valkyrie should be unbanned in Burst Limited.
Definitely not. It’s honestly way too tight and when you combine that with the fact it has those heavy wall like wings which are unaffected by its recoil it’s not safe to put it against all the lighter layers or satisfactory Cho z layers.
(Jul. 12, 2020  3:09 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  2:27 PM)g2_ Wrote: I dont want to netroscope or anything but I think Winning Valkyrie should be unbanned in Burst Limited.
Definitely not. It’s honestly way too tight and when you combine that with the fact it has those heavy wall like wings which are unaffected by its recoil it’s not safe to put it against all the lighter layers or satisfactory Cho z layers.

Geist Fafnir and Drain Fafnir can beat it.

Drain Fafnir 0Cross Keep' vs Winning Valkyrie 00Turn Xtreme'

Fafnir: 80% (8 Spin finishes.)

Valkyrie: 20% (2 KOs).
(Jul. 12, 2020  3:26 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  3:09 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Definitely not. It’s honestly way too tight and when you combine that with the fact it has those heavy wall like wings which are unaffected by its recoil it’s not safe to put it against all the lighter layers or satisfactory Cho z layers.

Geist Fafnir and Drain Fafnir can beat it.
Seeing as xtend+ and destroy dash are banned from limited I doubt Drain Fafnir would lose to a winning Valkyrie combo. Drain Fafnir typically thrives off of weak spring drives like atomic so it probably wouldn’t stand a change against a good winning Valkyrie combo. As for Geist Fafnir, the layer itself is all in all pretty bad so nobody would go out of their way to use it to counter low lad defense and attack combos when it can lose to pretty much anything else.
(Jul. 12, 2020  4:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  3:26 PM)g2_ Wrote: Geist Fafnir and Drain Fafnir can beat it.
Seeing as xtend+ and destroy dash are banned from limited I doubt Drain Fafnir would lose to a winning Valkyrie combo. Drain Fafnir typically thrives off of weak spring drives like atomic so it probably wouldn’t stand a change against a good winning Valkyrie combo. As for Geist Fafnir, the layer itself is all in all pretty bad so nobody would go out of their way to use it to counter low lad defense and attack combos when it can lose to pretty much anything else.

See my testing above.
(Jul. 12, 2020  4:06 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  4:04 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Seeing as xtend+ and destroy dash are banned from limited I doubt Drain Fafnir would lose to a winning Valkyrie combo. Drain Fafnir typically thrives off of weak spring drives like atomic so it probably wouldn’t stand a change against a good winning Valkyrie combo. As for Geist Fafnir, the layer itself is all in all pretty bad so nobody would go out of their way to use it to counter low lad defense and attack combos when it can lose to pretty much anything else.

See my testing above.
Let me try this myself. Hang on.
(Jul. 12, 2020  4:14 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  4:06 PM)g2_ Wrote: See my testing above.
Let me try this myself. Hang on.
Did you do it? Winning Valkyrie might be a top tier in the limited format but it can definitely be beaten.
(Jul. 12, 2020  10:32 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  4:14 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Let me try this myself. Hang on.
Did you do it? Winning Valkyrie might be a top tier in the limited format but it can definitely be beaten.
Haven’t gotten the time to do it since I am not currently home but for now I’ll take your word for it.
(Jul. 12, 2020  10:47 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  10:32 PM)g2_ Wrote: Did you do it? Winning Valkyrie might be a top tier in the limited format but it can definitely be beaten.
Haven’t gotten the time to do it since I am not currently home but for now I’ll take your word for it.
Drain Fafnir, Geist Fafnir 0Bump Keep'/Zone can beat Valkyrie.
(Jul. 12, 2020  10:32 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  4:14 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Let me try this myself. Hang on.
Yeah it can but the problem is that if we unban wV from the limited format a lot of people Will rather use wV than other attack types like sX bX lS ect...
(Jul. 12, 2020  11:53 PM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  10:32 PM)g2_ Wrote: Did you do it? Winning Valkyrie might be a top tier in the limited format but it can definitely be beaten.
Yeah it can but the problem is that if we unban wV from the limited format a lot of people Will rather use wV than other attack types like sX bX lS ect...
Buster Xcalibur is unbanned.
(Jul. 13, 2020  12:10 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2020  11:53 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: Yeah it can but the problem is that if we unban wV from the limited format a lot of people Will rather use wV than other attack types like sX bX lS ect...
Buster Xcalibur is unbanned.
Yeah i know it because it cannot perform better than wV in the standard format a the time and the meta was all about aH and hS and we all know wV is a better bey higher than a limited bey In term of use
(Jul. 13, 2020  12:13 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  12:10 AM)g2_ Wrote: Buster Xcalibur is unbanned.
Yeah i know it because it cannot perform better than wV in the standard format a the time and the meta was all about aH and hS and we all know wV is a better bey higher than a limited bey In term of use
I still think it should be unbanned.
(Jul. 13, 2020  6:49 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  12:13 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Yeah i know it because it cannot perform better than wV in the standard format a the time and the meta was all about aH and hS and we all know wV is a better bey higher than a limited bey In term of use
I still think it should be unbanned.
Nah i did some testing against Sr with soft launch and wV still hold its ground which is impressive then i do bX vs Sr and Sr completely demolished bX for my opinion its to op to be on the burst limited
(Jul. 13, 2020  7:45 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  6:49 AM)g2_ Wrote: I still think it should be unbanned.
Nah i did some testing against Sr with soft launch and wV still hold its ground which is impressive then i do bX vs Sr and Sr completely demolished bX for my opinion its to op to be on the burst limited
Spriggan Requiem is banned anyway, you shouldve used Fafnir.
(Jul. 13, 2020  9:23 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  7:45 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Nah i did some testing against Sr with soft launch and wV still hold its ground which is impressive then i do bX vs Sr and Sr completely demolished bX for my opinion its to op to be on the burst limited
Spriggan Requiem is banned anyway, you shouldve used Fafnir.
Yeah i know i just use it for the sake of comparison
(Jul. 13, 2020  9:53 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  9:23 AM)g2_ Wrote: Spriggan Requiem is banned anyway, you shouldve used Fafnir.
Yeah i know i just use it for the sake of comparison
Even if Winning Valkyrie is better than Buster Xcalibur, it doesn't mean it cant be countered.
(Jul. 13, 2020  10:09 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  9:53 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Yeah i know i just use it for the sake of comparison
Even if Winning Valkyrie is better than Buster Xcalibur, it doesn't mean it cant be countered.
Yeah it does have but banning wV in the limited format will give other attack layer to shine If we unban it the meta will be just like the old days (this is my opinion)
(Jul. 13, 2020  10:40 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  10:09 AM)g2_ Wrote: Even if Winning Valkyrie is better than Buster Xcalibur, it doesn't mean it cant be countered.
Yeah it does have but banning wV in the limited format will give other attack layer to shine If we unban it the meta will be just like the old days (this is my opinion)

Winning Valkyrie never dominated though.
(Jul. 13, 2020  11:35 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  10:40 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Yeah it does have but banning wV in the limited format will give other attack layer to shine If we unban it the meta will be just like the old days (this is my opinion)

Winning Valkyrie never dominated though.

g2_ Gonna butt in here on this conversation. Winning Valkyrie never dominated in ChoZ because it 1) Did not have access to solid Dash Drivers (until Xtreme') and 2) The META at the time was dominated by many stamina combos that countered it. Though Winning Valkyrie was outclassed in standard, in Limited, it's strong burst resistance, great KO and Burst Attack Potentential,  and Weight (with some variants of wV weighing 20+ Grams), would make it too overpowered for limited. 

Unfortunately, if wV were allowed in limited, it would disrupt the balance the experimental format currently has. Yes, there may be some niche combos that counter it, but if the whole format just becomes being able to counter wV, the format will be unbalanced and become stale.
(Jul. 14, 2020  7:08 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2020  11:35 AM)g2_ Wrote: Winning Valkyrie never dominated though.

g2_ Gonna butt in here on this conversation. Winning Valkyrie never dominated in ChoZ because it 1) Did not ahave access to solid Dash Drivers (until Xtreme') and 2) The META at the time was dominated by many stamina combos that countered it. Though Winning Valkyrie was outclassed in standard, in Limited, it's strong burst resistance, great KO and Burst Attack Potentential,  and Weight (with some variants of wV weighing 20+ Grams), would make it too overpowered for limited. 

Unfortunately, if wV were allowed in limited, it would disrupt the balance the experimental format currently has. Yes, there may be some niche combos that counter it, but if the whole format just becomes being able to counter wV, the format will be unbalanced and become stale.
I disagree Geist Fafnir by itself can only be countered be Bloody Longinus.
(Jul. 14, 2020  7:09 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2020  7:08 PM)LazerBeamz Wrote: g2_ Gonna butt in here on this conversation. Winning Valkyrie never dominated in ChoZ because it 1) Did not ahave access to solid Dash Drivers (until Xtreme') and 2) The META at the time was dominated by many stamina combos that countered it. Though Winning Valkyrie was outclassed in standard, in Limited, it's strong burst resistance, great KO and Burst Attack Potentential,  and Weight (with some variants of wV weighing 20+ Grams), would make it too overpowered for limited. 

I disagree Geist Fafnir by itself can only be countered be Bloody Longinus.
gF can also be countered by nL and right spin lads