Wii Music

I have mixed feelings about this... lol
(Oct. 20, 2008  10:01 PM)Roan Wrote: THEN WHY IS IT ON A GAMING SYSTEM?!

For carp's sake this could be one of those carp DVD games that comes with a peripheral remote.

BECAUSE MIYAMOTO WANTED TO MAKE IT! Haha

I honestly think you've become way to harsh on Wii Music. You are making it sound like Nintendo is ill-intentioned and that no effort whatsoever was put into it. I didn't think the purpose of this 'game' was so hard to understand...
I understand the purpose just fine.

But I think the intended purpose is, well... Retarded.
Roan, you should ease up a bit. I understand the point you're trying to prove, it's just not worth it. Wii Music isn't some application that's going to revolutionize the way we perform music. It's intended to entertain children and adults alike.

Okay, you've been classically trained, that's fine. I have 7+ years experience with guitar, electric guitar, bass, and I see absolutely no harm in producing a game like this. Arcade shooters weren't meant to replicate the feel and usage of a real firearm, just like how DDR wasn't meant to implement any real dance techniques.

I know a ton of kids that are carp' phenomenal at games like Guitar Hero and RockBand, but they take it for what it is. When I see them, they always ask me to improvise solos. They appreciate my ability to play a real instrument in the same way that I stare in awe as they masterfully complete tracks on expert.
(Oct. 27, 2008  5:24 AM)Roan Wrote: [Image: 20gjm9l.jpg]
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...c?q=Wii%20Music

Says it all.
LOL

man, I can play my air guitar to RATM or air drums to my favorite beats for free..

nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank. so until people stop lapping up these subpar excuses for games, the wii is not going to improve.
I am pretty sure Roan is more concerned about what this means for the video game industry in general than what it means relative to realistic interpretation. Roan would probably support a game where you conducted robotic jet-engined walruses to sing as long as it was a good game.

Wii Music is not a good game. It is shovelware. It is the manifestation of everything that is wrong with the Wii in the first place.
That I can sympathize with. It makes sense for him to be frustrated if Nintendo is lazily settling for poor gameplay instead of taking the initiative to create something worthwhile. If that's the case, then I too am in opposition of Wii Music.
(Oct. 27, 2008  7:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I am pretty sure Roan is more concerned about what this means for the video game industry in general than what it means relative to realistic interpretation. Roan would probably support a game where you conducted robotic jet-engined walruses to sing as long as it was a good game.

Wii Music is not a good game. It is shovelware. It is the manifestation of everything that is wrong with the Wii in the first place.

Fear of 1983 happening all over agian*.

*Note, I wasn't alive durring that time.
(Oct. 27, 2008  7:46 AM)Blue Wrote: LOL

man, I can play my air guitar to RATM or air drums to my favorite beats for free..

nintendo is laughing all the way to the bank. so until people stop lapping up these subpar excuses for games, the wii is not going to improve.

This.

Bey Brad Wrote:I am pretty sure Roan is more concerned about what this means for the video game industry in general than what it means relative to realistic interpretation. Roan would probably support a game where you conducted robotic jet-engined walruses to sing as long as it was a good game.

This.

AnchoredCross Wrote:It makes sense for him to be frustrated if Nintendo is lazily settling for poor gameplay instead of taking the initiative to create something worthwhile.

And this.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on the "game".
sorry to revive but I thought I'd show a video in action..
/:
(Nov. 08, 2008  12:45 AM)Blue Wrote: sorry to revive but I thought I'd show a video in action..
/:

lmao
LMAO!! I just started laughing outta nowhere! Atleast Nintendo can still make me laugh with their failures...

This game is for the two diaper folks...
(Nov. 11, 2008  9:54 PM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: LMAO!! I just started laughing outta nowhere! Atleast Nintendo can still make me laugh with their failures...

hahaha hey great post DIAPER rofl rofl lmao

edit: POOP roflllllllllllllllllllllll my waffle
(Nov. 08, 2008  12:45 AM)Blue Wrote: sorry to revive but I thought I'd show a video in action..
/:

is that real? or some joke video? that looks way to carp ridicolous to be true, but knowing nintendo - it probably is

anyway this game is a joke to gaming
hell the wii is a joke to gaming
(Nov. 11, 2008  10:24 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2008  9:54 PM)EverlastingBlader Wrote: LMAO!! I just started laughing outta nowhere! Atleast Nintendo can still make me laugh with their failures...

hahaha hey great post DIAPER rofl rofl lmao

edit: POOP roflllllllllllllllllllllll my waffle

Ahahahaha

Great video btw. It's representative of man's "progressive recession". We can now emulate sounds from a musical instrument without actually playing or mimicking the instrument at all.

It's like Death Note, but lazier; you don't even have to write their name down.