Why doesn't the 2v2 format exist?

Those are pretty interesting concepts. They might even be expanded upon in multiple ways simply by allowing more bladers into the mix per team. I think for both concepts, a bit of the concept of splatoon's splatfest can be added in, where bladers are split between 2 (or more) teams.

If we're talking about a true 2v2 format, it'll create it own meta as it open up more strategies. There's of course both teams having to worry about friendly fire, but there's ways to avoid or reduce the effects of that. Other strategies I can think of includes, but probably not limited to:

-Spin equalization with a teammate to boost your or their bey spin
-knocking a teammate's bey into a opponent's
-(maybe) knocking a part of a teammate's bey (layer, disc and/or frame, driver, revive armor, dead armor, bullet driver top) into a opponent's bey shortly after the teammate's bey burst, loses it armor, and/or the the bullet top detaches from it.
I'm gonna have a 2v2 at my tournament!
(Jun. 29, 2019  12:14 AM)Kei Wrote: 2v2 (or 1v1v1v1) can be pretty fun. I've done it several times at unofficial events in Japan before using the MFB Wide Square Stadium with Burst. Maybe that new Big BeyStadium they released would work even better now.

It's not going to be added for ranked events, but I could see us adding something like this for unranked in the future.

If only the Big Beystadium was accessible or affordable, that would have been nice. And definitely ranking shouldn't be implemented for this due to the friendly fire (if all will play in one stadium alone).

Interesting, and this may solve the issue of friendly fire. But this is simply like a team event where you have X representatives per team fighting it out against other teams' representatives simultaneously to rack up necessary amount of points to win. I think the OP wanted something like an event in the anime for the 2v2, but the issues are already laid out aka random friendly fire/how to award points/etc.  At most, we can only do battle royale in the Big Beystadium and the oval white Beystadium.
(Jul. 07, 2019  4:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2019  12:14 AM)Kei Wrote: 2v2 (or 1v1v1v1) can be pretty fun. I've done it several times at unofficial events in Japan before using the MFB Wide Square Stadium with Burst. Maybe that new Big BeyStadium they released would work even better now.

It's not going to be added for ranked events, but I could see us adding something like this for unranked in the future.

If only the Big Beystadium was accessible or affordable, that would have been nice. And definitely ranking shouldn't be implemented for this due to the friendly fire (if all will play in one stadium alone).

Interesting, and this may solve the issue of friendly fire. But this is simply like a team event where you have X representatives per team fighting it out against other teams' representatives simultaneously to rack up necessary amount of points to win. I think the OP wanted something like an event in the anime for the 2v2, but the issues are already laid out aka random friendly fire/how to award points/etc.  At most, we can only do battle royale in the Big Beystadium and the oval white Beystadium.

Yeah, I was really just trying to make the format more realistic and functional because of how annoying team attack is in a game where you don’t have complete control.
(Jul. 07, 2019  7:52 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2019  4:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: If only the Big Beystadium was accessible or affordable, that would have been nice. And definitely ranking shouldn't be implemented for this due to the friendly fire (if all will play in one stadium alone).

Yeah, I was really just trying to make the format more realistic and functional because of how annoying team attack is in a game where you don’t have complete control.

I don't have 200 dollars to buy a big stadium, so I was making my own for my tournament.
(Jul. 04, 2019  7:40 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I have two ideas that change up the execution while keeping the 2v2 concept.

1) The battle happens in two separate Stadiums at the same time. At the beginning of the battle, the pairs don’t se their opponent’s Beys and then choose which stadium they want in secret. The Bladers turn around and battle. Any points scored by the players will add to the team total, regardless of which team won. The battles happen side by side at the same time, so the team that reaches 7 points first wins. If it’s a tie, the teams get to choose one representative for a tiebreaker. This could work for Deck Format with each player having 3 Beys and going to 9 points.

2) Only one battle at a time, and it works like a Deck Format battle in a way. Both players on each team have one Bey, and both teams need to choose their first player in secret. The losing team gets to choose whether or not they want a rematch, and switching works like Deck Format. The players can exchange Disks, Frames, or Drivers once per match, but never Layers. Deck Format will have both players on each side choose 2 Beys, and they get to switch Disks, Frames, or Drivers twice per match. The order of rematching in Deck Format is deciding whether they want to switch Beys first and then whether they want to switch players.

For both ideas, no parts can be repeated across any Beys in both teams, with 1 minute to choose for every Bey involved.

I’m also thinking of combining the 2 battles at a time aspect with the parts switching aspect, which might be the most interesting version, as well as having 2 Beys per person for the Deck Format version.

(Jul. 06, 2019  12:53 AM)N10 Wrote: Those are pretty interesting concepts. They might even be expanded upon in multiple ways simply by allowing more bladers into the mix per team. I think for both concepts, a bit of the concept of splatoon's splatfest can be added in, where bladers are split between 2 (or more) teams.

If we're talking about a true 2v2 format, it'll create it own meta as it open up more strategies. There's of course both teams having to worry about friendly fire, but there's ways to avoid or reduce the effects of that. Other strategies I can think of includes, but probably not limited to:

-(maybe) knocking a part of a teammate's bey (layer, disc and/or frame, driver, revive armor, dead armor, bullet driver top) into a opponent's bey shortly after the teammate's bey burst, loses it armor, and/or the the bullet top detaches from it.

I forgot to quote CitrusNinja3's first post so I'm just going to "fix" that because I don't know how to edit in quotes into existing posts.
(Jul. 07, 2019  3:22 PM)N10 Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2019  7:40 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I have two ideas that change up the execution while keeping the 2v2 concept.

1) The battle happens in two separate Stadiums at the same time. At the beginning of the battle, the pairs don’t se their opponent’s Beys and then choose which stadium they want in secret. The Bladers turn around and battle. Any points scored by the players will add to the team total, regardless of which team won. The battles happen side by side  at the same time, so the team that reaches 7 points first wins. If it’s a tie, the teams get to choose one representative for a tiebreaker. This could work for Deck Format with each player having 3 Beys and going to 9 points.

2) Only one battle at a time, and it works like a Deck Format battle in a way.  Both players on each team have one Bey, and both teams need to choose their first player in secret. The losing team gets to choose whether or not they want a rematch, and switching works like Deck Format. The players can exchange Disks, Frames, or Drivers once per match, but never Layers. Deck Format will have both players on each side choose 2 Beys, and they get to switch Disks, Frames, or Drivers twice per match. The order of rematching in Deck Format is deciding whether they want to switch Beys first and then whether they want to switch players.

For both ideas, no parts can be repeated across any Beys in both teams, with 1 minute to choose for every Bey involved.

I’m also thinking of combining the 2 battles at a time aspect with the parts switching aspect, which might be the most interesting version, as well as having 2 Beys per person for the Deck Format version.

(Jul. 06, 2019  12:53 AM)N10 Wrote: Those are pretty interesting concepts. They might even be expanded upon in multiple ways simply by allowing more bladers into the mix per team. I think for both concepts, a bit of the concept of splatoon's splatfest can be added in, where bladers are split between 2 (or more) teams.

I forgot to quote CitrusNinja3's first post so I'm just going to "fix" that because I don't know how to edit in quotes into existing posts.

I know that it would open up some cool strategies that involve covering all of the opponent’s options, but those combinations only work in theory. Also, think about how useless Attack Beys will become because of the fear of destroying your opponent and not having enough Stamina to take on the other two Beys at once.
(Jul. 07, 2019  8:07 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2019  3:22 PM)N10 Wrote: I forgot to quote CitrusNinja3's first post so I'm just going to "fix" that because I don't know how to edit in quotes into existing posts.

I know that it would open up some cool strategies that involve covering all of the opponent’s options, but those combinations only work in theory. Also, think about how useless Attack Beys will become because of the fear of destroying your opponent and not having enough Stamina to take on the other two Beys at once.

You have a point, but I don't know if attack beys will become really useless if the teammates finds ways around those problems. Trying to not burst each other? Use dash drivers, one of the three Cho-Z layers with burst stoppers, or use that one "burst stopper" layer weight with your GT layer. Want to avoid having a lot of recoil and/or stamina lost when bumping into each other? Use layer combinations that have minimum recoil and/or stamina. Want to eliminate one of the opponents? Have the teammate whose bey have a advantage over the opponent's bey to target that bey. Now that I think about it, one of the things a 2v2 format is going to be is at a basic level a game of "which team can get the advantage first" during the being of a round as whichever team eliminates one of the opponents first have a "number advantage"(2v2 to 2v1) for the rest of the round or until the lone opponent eliminates one of the teammates (2v1 to 1v1).
(Jul. 07, 2019  7:52 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2019  4:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: If only the Big Beystadium was accessible or affordable, that would have been nice. And definitely ranking shouldn't be implemented for this due to the friendly fire (if all will play in one stadium alone).

Don't get me wrong. I completely understand what you tried to do there, but I guess unless Takara Tomy can invent remote-controlled or even sentient Beyblades (not the Hasbro app-dependent carp), it's either a 1v1 (single or team point-system) or battle-royale for any tournaments. Nevertheless, the 2v2 is still a cool idea by OP (actually never thought about it before even when it happened in Chouzetsu already)
If you're talking about for tournaments then the new huge TT stadium will be perfect. Though I'm not too sure if it's legal for tournaments unless it's in free play. Anyways, if it's not then the b-09 or b-33 is kind of small for more than two beys.the third person would barely have enough room to fit their launcher into, especially with the sword and LR launchers. Just my opinion though. Otherthan that it sounds really fun.
(Jul. 08, 2019  2:49 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: If you're talking about for tournaments then the new huge TT stadium will be perfect. Though I'm not too sure if it's legal for tournaments unless it's in free play. Anyways, if it's not then the b-09 or b-33 is kind of small for more than two beys.the third person would barely have enough room to fit their launcher into, especially with the sword and LR launchers. Just my opinion though. Otherthan that it sounds really fun.

The Big Beystadium is perfect for a deathmatch, but not as effective in the context of this thread, which is for 2v2, with the cons outweighing the pros as already discussed and expounded on by other Bladers
(Jul. 07, 2019  8:07 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I know that it would open up some cool strategies that involve covering all of the opponent’s options, but those combinations only work in theory. Also, think about how useless Attack Beys will become because of the fear of destroying your opponent and not having enough Stamina to take on the other two Beys at once.
Why should you have 'fear of destroying your opponent'? And, how would you have 2 other beys of one is gone? How do you know that the new combinations are only good on paper? Using 2 mobile attack beys at once sure does look like that, but I don't think combinations a stationary stamina bey and a staller or 2 equal speed stallers or using a combo specializes in taking the center and a mobile attack bey to knock out one of the opponents and later help in reducing the opponent's stamina along with the stamina combo are just theory combos. I'm just telling the main aim of the above combinations. It sure will not be as easy to work it out in real life as it is for me to type these out, but I'm sure one of the 'theory' combinations can work well enough to be top tier (i.e.if someone actually plays this format).
I think this 2v2 format would actually work better with burst classic combos. Not able to point my finger at what makes me think so, but just my thought.
Hey make me Cross Dragoonis it has to have cho z layer and can u pack it in a box