Why do some people totally bash people who like anime??

(Apr. 27, 2009  9:01 PM)Commie Wrote: Although I don't bash anime fanatics anymore, it is pretty annoying how some want so hard to be Japanese that they start to use Japanese words mixed in with English sentences. Or just use easy Japanese words like "ohayo" or "baka" for example.
btw here. people are bashed because of how they like english so much. its pretty annoying how they use english words mixed with arabic sentences. or just speak english all the time...
Quote:As aposed to carp like Dragonball Z Tired Gah, eeeevery time, as soon as some aposing threat comes along, there is yet ANOTHER level of Super Saiyan, more glowing, twitching and bulging.

The series was meant to end after freiza. The company forced the writer/artist to continue the series past the point where he was begging them to let him stop writing out more dumb plot lines and super saiyan forms. =/

If it ended after freiza it would have been fine imo.

Quote:Although I don't bash anime fanatics anymore, it is pretty annoying how some want so hard to be Japanese that they start to use Japanese words mixed in with English sentences. Or just use easy Japanese words like "ohayo" or "baka" for example.

[Image: 630px-Needs_more_desu.jpg]
I've walked into chat rooms online with just one open line of "anime sucks"

Most common responses:
  • *demon eyes glowing*
  • [PROFANITY]
  • *Stabs Deikailo with his/her katana*
  • Die, idiot
  • [JAPANESE CARP HERE]
By just one simple phrase backed by opinion, kids start believing they are demons, can wield a deadly weapon, speak Japanese, and wish death upon complete strangers. Yeah. This is why anime shouldn't be made in mass quantities.
Toriyama nor any of his assistants have ever confirmed that he intended to end DragonBall at the Frieza arch. It is only assumed because of how epic, and how conclusive the ending of the arch can be taken as.

However, Toriyama has said in one of the Daizenshuu's that he initially intended to end DragonBall at the end of the Pilaf arch. This is way before Super Saiyans were even introduced. But popularity and pressure from his peers, fans, wife, editors and co-workers convinced him to continue on.

He did artifically extend DragonBall, and he often gave into pressure (like I've previously said, Dr. Gero/#20, and #19 were meant to be the main villians in the Android arch).
(Apr. 27, 2009  9:59 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I've walked into chat rooms online with just one open line of "anime sucks"

By just one simple phrase backed by opinion, kids start believing they are demons, can wield a deadly weapon, speak Japanese, and wish death upon complete strangers. Yeah. This is why anime shouldn't be made in mass quantities.

No, this is why people shouldn't enter a chat for anime and tell them it sucks and give no reason. >.>

Quote:Toriyama nor any of his assistants have ever confirmed that he intended to end DragonBall at the Frieza arch. It is only assumed because of how epic, and how conclusive the ending of the arch can be taken as.

However, Toriyama has said in one of the Daizenshuu's that he initially intended to end DragonBall at the end of the Pilaf arch. This is way before Super Saiyans were even introduced. But popularity and pressure from his peers, fans, wife, editors and co-workers convinced him to continue on.

Hmm, maybe I misheard, but I'm sure I saw several write-ups about how it was supposed to end after freiza. Either way, in my opinion it would make sense. I sort of lost interest after the freiza saga ended and stopped watching altogether as the buu saga began. =/
(Apr. 27, 2009  9:01 PM)Commie Wrote: Although I don't bash anime fanatics anymore, it is pretty annoying how some want so hard to be Japanese that they start to use Japanese words mixed in with English sentences. Or just use easy Japanese words like "ohayo" or "baka" for example.

Yeah that annoys me aswell, i generally dislike Weeaboos in general, anyone trying to be who they aren't just does me head in. The whole " Japan is superior " line they gloat around is hillarious. Im fine with people watching and enjoying anime, but theres some that just migrate completely into Japanese culture where it just gets out of hand.
I don't know anyone that would bash me for liking anime, if anything I know a lot of people that like anime.

As for mixing lanuage, I think Baka sounds better than saying idiot but I don't mix the lanuage that much at all since I would feel stupid doing so.
(Apr. 28, 2009  1:21 PM)Sega Wrote: anyone trying to be who they aren't just does me head in.

"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo, Pokémon The First Movie.

Let them do as they wish, it makes them happy. ^^
It'd be nice if anime was just a general thing like in Japan. I don't want my friends to turn into otaku or anything but it'd be nice if they understood the concept of anime and manga and had seen some random episodes on TV and such. But noooo, it's gotta be some freaky cult type thing. You can't enjoy it as a form on entertainment without having to buy all the merchandise and writing fanfics and other scary stuff. Pinching_eyes_2
I mean, obviously it's possible but that's not what non-anime fans (that I have met) assume.

As for the mixing languages thing........it's annoying but I've generally make up my own words and such anyways. And I'm learning german so I try and speak in german sometimes because it actually helps me. I'd do the same if I bothered to learn Japanese. So whilst it can be irritating, it's a little annoying that any sort of language mix is frowned upon now. :X
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:21 PM)Rocky Wrote: It'd be nice if anime was just a general thing like in Japan. I don't want my friends to turn into otaku or anything but it'd be nice if they understood the concept of anime and manga and had seen some random episodes on TV and such. But noooo, it's gotta be some freaky cult type thing. You can't enjoy it as a form on entertainment without having to buy all the merchandise and writing fanfics and other scary stuff. Pinching_eyes_2
I mean, obviously it's possible but that's not what non-anime fans (that I have met) assume.

As for the mixing languages thing........it's annoying but I've generally make up my own words and such anyways. And I'm learning german so I try and speak in german sometimes because it actually helps me. I'd do the same if I bothered to learn Japanese. So whilst it can be irritating, it's a little annoying that any sort of language mix is frowned upon now. :X
It's only annoying because they make no effort to advance in their vocabulary. They only say carp like "baka" "neko-chan" "konnichiwa" etc. They do this because they believe it makes the different. Hate to break it to them, but there are probably a couple of thousand kids doesn't the same exact thing.

Also, anime has become quite elitist. If you don't know about ____ show and haven't watched episode ____ of _____, you're not as knowledgeable, therefore not as "hardcore" (as if a bunch of Japanese speaking kids decked in Hot Topic can be considered hardcore....)

(Apr. 27, 2009  10:01 PM)Pikachao Wrote: No, this is why people shouldn't enter a chat for anime and tell them it sucks and give no reason. >.>
Never said I didn't give a reason after that. :o But seriously, they go after me like they actually WANT me to get shot. JUST over one simple sentence on the internet. Who takes anything on the internet that seriously?

Except Beyblading.
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:39 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Who takes anything on the internet that seriously?

Lots of people?

I was trying to make the point that you going into an anime chat, telling them that anime sucks and then complaining that you got flamed it a tad annoying. D=

Another annoying point is that my friends insult Dragonball Z then go home and watch bleach lol.
^^
Yeah yeah, I agree. ^^; The elitist thing really bugs me......
I went into a Hot Topic once. It was hilarious. XD Are all Hot Topic supposed to look like graveyards or just the one I went to? :X

Also, what the hell you troll anime boards? D:
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:50 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Lots of people?

I was trying to make the point that you going into an anime chat, telling them that anime sucks and then complaining that you got flamed it a tad annoying. D=

Another annoying point is that my friends insult Dragonball Z then go home and watch bleach lol.

Ohnestly i've never liked bleached I just think its over rated. I did like the first series of naruto. But I never botherd watching shippuden because its the whole bring sasuke home still. Ive heard what happen in last couple chapeters and tbh I thought it was pritty funny lol hinata. There are some anime that I like but I need to catch up on like vampire knight and hell girl but i'll do that when I have time. My friends are trying to get me into Katekyo Hitman Reborn but i've never botherd watching any episodes yet.

What I really want to see is an anime made of a manga called high school of the dead. Basicly zombies have taken over the world and a bunch of high school students from japan are doing what they can to survive.
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:50 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Lots of people?

When did I say it was an anime chat? Annoyed? Never said that either. I thought it was hilarious!

That's the second and third assumption you've made about my post. Get your facts straight. Uncertain

(Apr. 28, 2009  6:56 PM)Rocky Wrote: ^^
Yeah yeah, I agree. ^^; The elitist thing really bugs me......
I went into a Hot Topic once. It was hilarious. XD Are all Hot Topic supposed to look like graveyards or just the one I went to? :X

Also, what the hell you troll anime boards? D:
Hot Topics used to look much blacker...until GAP bought the company. Now it's mostly jeans and printed tees with one to five articles of Tripp gear.

I don't troll; it's a good topic of conversation. Some will have a pleasant conversation with me, in a similar way I converse with Beyblade haters.
(Apr. 28, 2009  7:03 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: What I really want to see is an anime made of a manga called high school of the dead. Basicly zombies have taken over the world and a bunch of high school students from japan are doing what they can to survive.
Propworks posted this in a bulletin on his myspace. It had pictures of the manga along with a really bizarre song that you might find played in a circus. It looks interesting.
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:39 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Who takes anything on the internet that seriously?

Em, A lot of people do actually Speechless
(Apr. 28, 2009  7:03 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: Ohnestly i've never liked bleached I just think its over rated.

Such similar thinking to me lol. I go for all the obscure animes. =D
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:13 PM)Pikachao Wrote: "The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo, Pokémon The First Movie.

quoting mewtwo to make a philosophical point is exactly the kind of carp that annoys people
(Apr. 28, 2009  6:13 PM)Pikachao Wrote: "The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo, Pokémon The First Movie.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
will now read every pikachao post in mewtwo's voice
(Apr. 28, 2009  7:43 PM)Pikachao Wrote: I go for all the obscure animes. =D

THIS IS WHY NOBODY LIKES ANIME FANS
The discription of "nerds" was hillarious i thought. Realy mean but still funny. The guy is an carp but he has points. The anime/manga cultists are kinda asking to get picked on when they dress like charecters and try to be like them you should just be yourself. I didn't read alot of anime till a year ago but my sister did and me and my bro made fun of her (nothing bad just jokingly) and she would swear at us in japanese which is smart because she never got in trouble but its insainly annoying and when you do that you are just asking to get picked on more or beat up (no offense to anyone who has got picked on or beat up). but after i started reading some mangas i kinda got into it and i never realised beyblade was a manga... Pinching_eyes_2 and soon after i started reading it so did my brother and some are actually realy interesting and pretty good. so i see what everyone is into i just think you shouldnt go crazy about it. And ignore the people who make fun of you they will usually leave you alone.

But everyone has their own oppinion and if anyone is hurt or insulted by this im sorry.
im a closet fan.the only people who know that i like beyblade are 2 old beyblade fans.one wants to sign up and one hates it now and calls me a fa#.
most anime sucks and is really dumb is why
(Apr. 29, 2009  4:42 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: most anime sucks and is really dumb is why

This.
Seriously though, I think it's because anime fans are unable to separate themselves from their interests and it comes across as really obnoxious. I can spot most anime fans on the damn street because they're wearing some terrible anime carp and speaking in random Japanese. When you see me walk down the street, I'm not covered in Beyblade parts or anything. Learn to be interested in something without being engulfed by it.
It's amazing how little some of these Weabo's actually know about the country they fantasize about when it comes to subjects that don't revolve around anime, swords, and poorly pronounced one-liners. I had a very interesting discussion with an arrogant Weabo on campus back in September. Suffice to say he was an ignorant moron who was so wrapped up in his stereotypes of Japanese culture that he refused to accept any negative views on any aspects of it. I make one comment about Japanese business practices to a friend and he chose to rudely interject and essentially tried to tell me that my fragile little mind couldn't handle the complexity and intricacies of their culture.

This unfounded elitism is what bothers me about most extreme anime fans. Their infatuation with Japan has deluded them into believing it is a magical place with chocolate rivers and underage anorexic girls with unusually large bosoms. It's unbelievably irritating.

end rant.