Why Are Beyblades hated in high school so much?

I am 16 and i tell lots of people that are my age that i like beyblade. in fact some girls actually think it's "cute" >w> and i used to have them displayed in my girlfriends room and people would come over and be like "Oh i used to play that as a kid" and they would wanna play . I actually got picked on by my friends more in elemetary school for liking it than high school then again i go to an alternative school with non-functioning drugies who don't really care about anything . *I also wear transformer shirts and other anime shirts to school and no one ever says anything*. I think Brad is right, I mean as long as you are not going around like "GOO DRAGOON" or"LET IT RIP" then people won't care .... Just be yourself ....another thing too.. is don't go trying to talk to people about it who dont care because i hate it when people do that to me.. it gets really annoying
I don't think its a game they havea problem with...its the fact that you speak abt things they don't get all the time!
its only a hobby and it wont be embarrassing unless you let your hobbies get in the way of everyday life. a hobby is something you collect,build, or play with during free time, not time you should be doing something else
(May. 04, 2010  10:24 PM)Jsc Wrote: its only a hobby
well to some people its a complete way of life. lol but yeah alot of people don't really care about stuff like that these days.
you have to be joking if you think spinning tops is a "complete way of life"
(May. 04, 2010  10:44 PM)♥ Wrote: you have to be joking if you think spinning tops is a "complete way of life"
I meant like it's what they like to do most of the time and would prefer it over like all (or most) other games
Hmm I enjoy playing Beyblades, World of Warcraft and Warhammer. My best friends at school are the really popular people and know I do all these things but they don't care, sure the make jokes out of it now and then but it's nothing more than joking around. I guess I was lucky in that way. Joyful_3
(May. 04, 2010  8:17 PM)jjsonickid Wrote: its quite embarrassing for me because im the only one in my high school that even has some anymore and any time i talk about beyblade they take the mick outter me

Then don't talk about it?
(May. 04, 2010  10:34 PM)Gingka Wrote:
(May. 04, 2010  10:24 PM)Jsc Wrote: its only a hobby
well to some people its a complete way of life. lol but yeah alot of people don't really care about stuff like that these days.
If it is a complete way of life to you prepare to be homeless and without an education when you get older....it is seriously annoying when kids try to live as if they were in an anime get real....sure beyblade is a geat hobby but its not cool enough to get in the way of family,school, and life itself ...it is a toy ...
i love where this topic is going (sarcasm)
All I can say is, if people like pokemon at age 18, people can also like beyblade.

This is way too easy.
How can you not understand why they are hated in high school? They're are a toy. It's not exactly normal to play with beyblades when you're above about 12-13 years old. Saying that you should like what you like no matter what people say.
(May. 04, 2010  7:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think the key is to not seem obsessed with your interests like a lot of otaku etc. are. I like toys, I also like cooking, fashion, sociology, etc. Don't become a nerdy kid who's obsessed with one thing and one thing alone; diversify your interests and open up your eyes to the world around you. There's more to life than cartoons and consumerism.
You offending me Brad?
Lol jks.
Back on topic: Who cares what anyone else thinks, its your hobby, anyone can like anything they want. Brad put it perfectly. But your real question is "Why they do it" I guess they find the point of you they think is weak, and bag it to get attention and feel the better of you.
(May. 09, 2010  7:55 AM)megablader2 Wrote: How can you not understand why they are hated in high school? They're are a toy. It's not exactly normal to play with beyblades when you're above about 12-13 years old. Saying that you should like what you like no matter what people say.

The last sentence sort of competes with the rest of your post.
I go to school wearing my children's size Beyblade shirt that I got in Grade 4 every Friday. I keep a winder that I made into a bracelet around my wrist at all times, and have a choker with an attack ring on it. In my Grade 11 English class, I wrote a story about how me and Wolborg went on a tremendous journey battling the evil forces of the Bey. When the cool kids confront me at school I show them my underground Beyblading skills (ala Rick Anderson) and they step off. I'm the coolest guy you know.

im in highschool and nobody has even heard of beyblade. so how can people hate what they havent even seen before?
My high school didn't hate Beys.

Granted,it took some work, but I made Beyblade popular there through example, integration, and just being patient.

It's also popular at my vocational training place,where there are a lot of young adults.
Yeah, like what most people say don't put your hobbies before important things. It's cool to like Beyblades but, to talk about it all the time and isolate yourself playing the game is a different story. Also in high school people are more judgemental. You should'nt mind what people say to you. Once youre in college youll learn not to care. People can be themselves there
i never knew it was hated in high school.im in middle school anyway so how would i know?
...then why would you post if you have no idea on the subject?

In my school some people know I like beyblade, but don't really mind. Close friends don't care.

If you talk about it to people who aren't interested of course they'll hate it.

*reiterates old "converting people to beyblade" thread*
(May. 04, 2010  8:17 PM)jjsonickid Wrote: its quite embarrassing for me because im the only one in my high school that even has some anymore and any time i talk about beyblade they take the mick outter me

how do you know that your the only one in your school?
(May. 09, 2010  7:55 AM)megablader2 Wrote: How can you not understand why they are hated in high school? They're are a toy. It's not exactly normal to play with beyblades when you're above about 12-13 years old. Saying that you should like what you like no matter what people say.

What do you consider normal?
Things done and liked by most teenagers and people not beyblade
Most things done by teenagers that are "normal" end up in them being sick,slowly killed,killed, or generally leaving them ruining their lives. i.e. All done underaged---Weed/Cigars,Drinking, Sexual Activity
(May. 30, 2010  10:06 PM)RaitonLDragon Wrote: Most things done by teenagers that are "normal" end up in them being sick,slowly killed,killed, or generally leaving them ruining their lives. i.e. All done underaged---Weed/Cigars,Drinking, Sexual Activity
What does this have to do with the fact that the average teenager does not play with spinning tops ? I do not see why we have to go in that territory. Yes they do other activites that can be reproachable, but we will probably not see a wave of teenagers who decide to play with toys instead of doing those things you listed anyway.
Being 13 years old, I don't know how you feel but, I get what your saying. Most of the kids in my school don't know or don't care about Beyblade but, some are interested. Being me, I don't care about what other people think. If I did, I wouldn't be alive!