Which is the Best ???

(Sep. 19, 2021  8:18 AM)(Blank) Wrote: Which is the better bey? Garuda or Nightmare? I don't know honestly, I see people say Garuda is the best but here people say it's Nightmare. I'm not saying stock though, but best combo. For Example "Maximum Garuda Giga Drift vs Nightmare Longinus Bump Xtreme'"

Giga is illegal in Limited. 
Maximum Garuda and Nightmare Longinus play different roles in the Limited metagame. Nightmare is used for attack while Maximum is used for stamina, KO defence, so you can't really compare them. Nightmare Longinus is used on Bump/angle/Turn.Xtreme'/Quick'/Jolt'/Evolution'; Maximum Garuda is used on either 0/00 Keep' or something Atomic.

And now we're on the third page Grin.
(Sep. 19, 2021  8:47 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2021  8:18 AM)(Blank) Wrote: Which is the better bey? Garuda or Nightmare? I don't know honestly, I see people say Garuda is the best but here people say it's Nightmare. I'm not saying stock though, but best combo. For Example "Maximum Garuda Giga Drift vs Nightmare Longinus Bump Xtreme'"

Giga is illegal in Limited. 
Maximum Garuda and Nightmare Longinus play different roles in the Limited metagame. Nightmare is used for attack while Maximum is used for stamina, KO defence, so you can't really compare them. Nightmare Longinus is used on Bump/angle/Turn.Xtreme'/Quick'/Jolt'/Evolution'; Maximum Garuda is used on either 0/00 Keep' or something Atomic.

Throw an A mold god chip on Maximum Garuda and and use Orbit, you'll probably think you're breaking the thing with how tight that is (assuming you're using the stock yellow. Other colors tend to be far weaker on average). For Garuda at least, Orbit has the upper hand. Keep' is overkill KO Defense on something so round you really don't need it.

But yes, they have totally different roles so they're hard to compare directly. It's like asking whether Xtreme' or Atomic is better, it's gonna depend on what you need and both hold their own.
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:04 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2021  8:47 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: Giga is illegal in Limited. 

Throw an A mold god chip on Maximum Garuda and and use Orbit, you'll probably think you're breaking the thing with how tight that is (assuming you're using the stock yellow. Other colors tend to be far weaker on average). For Garuda at least, Orbit has the upper hand. Keep' is overkill KO Defense on something so round you really don't need it.

Maximum Garuda is banned on an A mold god chip, I think?
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:05 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:04 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Throw an A mold god chip on Maximum Garuda and and use Orbit, you'll probably think you're breaking the thing with how tight that is (assuming you're using the stock yellow. Other colors tend to be far weaker on average). For Garuda at least, Orbit has the upper hand. Keep' is overkill KO Defense on something so round you really don't need it.

Maximum Garuda is banned on an A mold god chip, I think?

You're right. I forgot it was still a thing in Limited because I know the restriction was removed in Standard (because it's no longer a meta threat of course).

Yeah, the god chip restrictions do hinder you some, but Orbit is still a relatively tight driver and essentially a ' driver on its own. The overall point still stands that Orbit continues to be a strong option for Garuda users even without an A mold chip. Atomic still leaves you more prone to bursts, if anything smacks you around enough for it to be a risk, so I'd still probably prefer Orbit over Atomic just in case. The difference is minimal between the two anyways, and Keep' still feels like defensive overkill to me.
oh, so we're talking about limited?

I was talking about just blading, but since we're already here. I guess I'll ask if my combos are viable for limited

Z Achilles 0 Xtend+(attack)? I did this and it was quite good against some gt beys I have. Only problem is the occasional self ko

I guess Destroy or Destroy' can be an alternative

Dread Bahamut Convert Octa? It's only problem is that it's burst resistance, I hope they make an Octa' to fix this combo

then again, it wouldn't be in limited since it's op I guess
(Sep. 19, 2021  9:26 AM)(Blank) Wrote: oh, so we're talking about limited?

I was talking about just blading, but since we're already here. I guess I'll ask if my combos are viable for limited

Z Achilles 0 Xtend+(attack)? I did this and it was quite good against some gt beys I have. Only problem is the occasional self ko

I guess Destroy or Destroy' can be an alternative

Dread Bahamut Convert Octa? It's only problem is that it's burst resistance, I hope they make an Octa' to fix this combo

then again, it wouldn't be in limited since it's op I guess

Xtend+ in Attack is generally hard to control. I've had a bit of luck, but most people are not going to be able to use that well. Z Achilles is usually treated like a beat stick though, using Xtreme' and the likes of that.

Convert is also not legal in Limited, and Dread is basically a stronger Arc Bahamut. That's not gonna cut it.
(Sep. 19, 2021  1:00 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2021  10:27 AM)(Blank) Wrote: Yeah, I just figured that out. So I'm back to using Orbit Metal, it's actually pretty good at defense

I'm just going to not lock it in, so when it gets hit hard. The frame will act like phoenix's gimmick

Not only will this only catch itself, but by WBO rules a frame falling off counts as a loss then and there.

(Sep. 18, 2021  6:49 PM)MrMister Wrote: From what I've seen

Single Layer: Doomscizor Oval Accel (While the Forge disc was bad, Doomscizor was just great at it's job. It hit hard enough, and had just enough speed to work with. Also had great stamina capabilities.)
Dual Layer: Luinor L2 Nine Spiral (Metal on the layer. that's it. Nine and spiral wren't terrific, but I've learned that they are usable.)
Switchstrike/God: Luinor L3 Destroy (Has great attack against opposite spin opponents, which is typically the issue with opposite spin matches. "Destroys" same spin opponents. This thing took down slash Valkyrie easily, which says it's still relevant in some ways. And even when it doesn't knock the opponent out, it has just enough spin equalization and LAD to outlast opposite spin opponents. Make sure your driver has LAD, though, because you will need it in today's matches...)
Cho-Z: Archer Hercules (We don't talk about Hercules. Fricken Hercules, man. I'm so mad.)
Slingshock: (None of these are very good, but Dullahan was very decent for Slingshock. It was like a right spin Luinor in a way, which is something we need. Opposite spin makes for a disadvantage of lowered recoil usually.)
UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!!
Hypersphere: Bushin Ashindra (Hear me out, this is not the best one, but I haven't see very many hypersphere beys. I have no way to explain this, but Ashindra just slays for some reason. Even against TT beys. Hasbro really messed up on hypersphere though, so don't go finding a hypersphere bey... )
GT: Command Dragon Vanguard-P Quick (You just need to land one hit and the opponent is just yeeted into oblivion, unless they have a rubber defense driver.)
Haven't went further than that, because I'm stuck with pro-series and hasbro's stupid systems where they make beys light as possible.

Feel free to correct me anyone, though, I do not have TT, I use pro series, so peformance may vary :')

Deathscyther is powerful as a Stamina layer. Doomscizor is horrible, as Hasbro made it wider and far easier to burst. It's Attack is not worth considering from either brand. It's effectively a pure Stamina layer.

Lost Longinus really wants a better driver. It's still very strong as a dual layer, and it's banned in Classic for good reason, but Spiral really isn't great on such a light bey.

Dullahan was terrible, it's Speedstorm Evo is even worse, don't know why you're hyping this thing up. It's driver and disk are alright, but that layer is terrible. It's a right spin King/Kolossal, not a right spin Nightmare Longinus/Luinor.

Bushin's shape is horrible. Ashindra is meh, there's far better chips like Valtryek, Genesis mold 2, and stock Achilles. It really has nothing to offer people.

Command Dragon Pro is solid, though I'm not a fan of Vanguard on it. Feels scrapey to me.
I call them by their american names typically, that's my mistake. I mean Deathscyther when I said Doomscizor. And when I'm talking about the hasbro systems like slingshock, I'm referring to other beys in slingshock, not Cho-Z bey's along with it. Against other slingshock beys, Dullahan D4 does well, but the new one is god awful.  Of course, slingshock had such poor performance that I have not used it against all of the other slingshock beys, but in the ones I did, it always won. And I was just comparing it's looks to the slingshock counterpart of Brutal Luinor, not Nightmare.

Four blades and all.

Again, I won't compare Hypershere to GT, or Slingshock to Cho-Z. I'm talking within JUST Slingshock and JUST Hypersphere. They don't mix.

Again, can't necessarily say I'm right and you're wrong, or the opposite, because at the end of the day, these are in my opinion and from when I used them.