Which is better, "Halo: Reach" or "Call of Duty: Black Ops"?

Poll: Which game do you personally think is better?

Halo: Reach
54.93%
Call of Duty: Black Ops
45.07%
Total: 100% 71 vote(s)
I can't decide. I like infection on reach & zombies on Black Ops.
Call of Duty Black Ops because it bites Halo reach to death.
(Feb. 28, 2011  5:45 PM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: Call of Duty Black Ops because it bites Halo reach to death.

Please if your going to post,have a good reason,aka reasons why you like it,non of this "it bites it to death." nonsense
anyways I looked at CoD black ops graphics today and they do not look as good as Halo Reachs :V

Halo Reach,because it's awards say so..

Best Sound/GG Awards 2010/Good Game/ December 6, 2010
Best XBOX 360 Game/2010 GR Awards/ Game Revolution December/ 21, 2010
Best Shooter(same people and stuff as above)
Shooter Game of the Year/Game of the Year 2010/GameSpy/December 22, 2010
Game of the Year/Drunk Tank Awards 2010/Drunk Tank Podcast/ January 5, 2011
Best Multiplayer Spike Video Game Awards Spike TV December 11, 2010

and

let's look at Call of duty black ops awards shall we?
In February 2011, The Xbox version was named the Xbox Live's top title of 2010.
and spike named call of duty black ops best shooter

that's all I could find...
to me they both have there flaws
but i personally like halo reach better
cause i like the whole futuristic style
i like black ops but to me the
multiplayer is to bland the guns and the
maps (excluding nuketown) also it
doesn't have a map creator but halo reach
isnt perfect either one of the biggest messups
is that really without a power weapon (i.e rocket launcher fuel rod gun e.t.c)
you have no chance of killing anybody
it is obivius which one is better BLACK OPS
it has
the coolest story ever
zombies
and everything youll ever needEee Stupid Gasp
and plus halo sucks carp[/size]
(Mar. 03, 2011  6:44 AM)storm uzunaki Wrote: it is obivius which one is better BLACK OPS
it has
the coolest story ever
zombies
and everything youll ever needEee Stupid Gasp
and plus halo sucks carp[/size]

Halo has online to...
erm not really I could name games with better story lines Uncertain
Forg? no it doesn't,tons of multiplayer mods? no,armor costimization?,emblem costimization?,etc
and you need to say why it "sucks"
But in all in all your like every other CoD player :V
and if Cod was better it would have won more awards ~.~

fusion- erm peoplemcan with Dmr and magnum :V that point your made is false..
I like COD: BO more because Treyarch actually listens to the fan while Bungie is plain deaf. Sorry, but I just came from the Reach forum. Don't go there. Awful place. Mass amounts of riots and trolls.
(Dec. 22, 2010  11:34 PM)LIR Wrote: I'd say black ops because it's really easy
see black ops takes no skill unlike halo try playing just the campaign on heroic. its actually quite hard theres a video about this ill send a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGY0l1k6WCA
@gloomy well you have a point
but i mean if you have a dmr and your
going against a power weapon you are
most likely to die im not saying thats always the
case but most of the time
(Mar. 03, 2011  5:57 PM)fusionkilla Wrote: @gloomy well you have a point
but i mean if you have a dmr and your
going against a power weapon you are
most likely to die im not saying thats always the
case but most of the time

lets say younhave a rocket launcher and I have a magnum and the armor ability ermm Drop Shield,you shoot your rocket,I use drop shield the rocket blows up,now you have options of coming into the shield and blowing me up,but your probably going to blow up to,or wait to it runs out,or you could be reloading and I just come up and melee you. Or I get blown up onenway or another :V but no matter what with a low powered weapon ormhigh powered,your going to die.
(Mar. 03, 2011  1:31 PM)Trolol Wrote: I like COD: BO more because Treyarch actually listens to the fan while Bungie is plain deaf. Sorry, but I just came from the Reach forum. Don't go there. Awful place. Mass amounts of riots and trolls.

Lie. Why didn't Bungie listen to fans about Reach? Because most of the layouts and plans for Reach were finalized before Halo 3: ODST was even realeased, so fans didn't affect the game much.
Call of duty cause of the zombie maps and you dont have all of these lame futuristic weopons in your way.
(Mar. 05, 2011  5:47 AM)shiny cthulu Wrote: Call of duty cause of the zombie maps and you dont have all of these lame futuristic weopons in your way.
What do you mean in your way? and most of the human weapons are the same as modern day weapons just stronger and look different :\ if you mean the covanent (idk if I spelled that right XP slow day..) then yeah the have alien weapons but really aren't that much better then human,also it kinda has to do with the game being set in the future :\ also their not lame,who doesnt wanna shoot a big laser at their enemy?
and if people just keep saying cause of zombies or something about zombies,that just proves the zombies are the only good part of CoD BO :V
(Mar. 01, 2011  6:39 PM)Gloomy Wrote: Halo Reach,because it's awards say so..

Because Black Ops had much higher expectations with Treyarch coming back. I think that Infinity Ward would have done a bit better, don't you? Besides, the games are different, so...Doesn't that mean that fans will only defend THEIR game, not the better one? I'm a cynic, and will probably question any view, whether I agree or not. I'm odd that way.
(Mar. 01, 2011  6:39 PM)Gloomy Wrote: Halo Reach,because it's awards say so..

One more for Halo. It got best co-op multiplayer from G4, too.
I like the alien idea because shooting humans isn't that much fun.Plus,Xbox owns PS3 anyday,anytime.And Halo has better graphics than COD.But zombies is pretty fun,firefight is cooler though because it keeps getting harder and harder evryround.Personally,I hate hunters though,but with an airstrike gun,you can kill them in one shot.
reach im not a call of duty fan you die to fast in reach you have a chance.and forge is amazing and fire fight is call of dutys zombies.
call of duty because their is more action and it is more funn.
(Mar. 06, 2011  10:26 PM)bladerxack8522 Wrote: reach im not a call of duty fan you die to fast in reach you have a chance.and forge is amazing and fire fight is call of dutys zombies.

no it isn't firefight actually runs out of enemies zombies doesn't and plus it makes it more challenging to die faster and to try to survive i also hate the retarded futuristic weapons and i think the armors look retarded
(Mar. 06, 2011  11:42 PM)TheSilverBlader Wrote:
(Mar. 06, 2011  10:26 PM)bladerxack8522 Wrote: reach im not a call of duty fan you die to fast in reach you have a chance.and forge is amazing and fire fight is call of dutys zombies.

no it isn't firefight actually runs out of enemies zombies doesn't and plus it makes it more challenging to die faster and to try to survive i also hate the retarded futuristic weapons and i think the armors look retarded

"it makes it more challenging to die faster" makes no sense Uncertain so you want to die? and who wants to sit their for 2 hours on a never ending challeng till you die?at least firefight you have a chance to live,though firefight is very hard,even on easy,the enemies get better weapons and high ranking enemies appear. That's your opion,also you don't have to use any future weapons,and really the only thing that is diffent is the looks(except the sparatan laser,that's like the only human future weapon..) The armor is going to look super amazing it's half of ton of metal meant to protect and has a bunch of systems inside it and it's elite armor but upgraded and styled to fit humans. Also you can Chang your armor,or you can be an elite,and like what you look like in CoD is so much better.

Anyways people you should start explaining WHY you hate,like the above,why do you hate the futuristic weapons?

and like I said zombies is the only good part of CoD :V
(Mar. 06, 2011  11:42 PM)TheSilverBlader Wrote:

Firefight is customizible. You can make anything exactly how you want it. That includes what enemies appear and when. And there are like 10 basic firefight modes. You can make your own modes, too. You can do the same with any multiplayer mode in Halo. And why do you want to be doomed from the start? Isn't that kinda lame? Gloomy's right, zombies is the only good part about CoD. And it still isn't that good.
Also another argument
http://www.guzer.com/pictures/chuck_norris_sign.jpg
clearly Halo is better.
But an the serious note Halo has many good things that trumps CoD and most arguments of CoD have been it has zombies and people hating futuristic weapons Uncertain Halo offers a wide variety of things and I don't see why CoD players hate Halo,sure some of them just don't like the aliens and future stuff but others hate just to hate and are to stubborn to actually even play Halo :\ though this topic is sorta of like the beyblde thread about which series is better,a never ending argument :V
also the people who say "Black Ops has more sales" no duh it's aviable on different consoles which really isn't that great of a thing,because it means they have to have it avaiable on other consoles for it to get high sales,Halo on the other Hand just sells on Xbox and sold more then 200 million worth on the first day.
Personally, I think both series are highly overrated. These games aren't as good as people give them credit for.

Don't hate me for this. But as someone who has played quit a bit of shooters (including most if not all games from both series) I have played far better shooters than this.

Halo used to be pretty good, but it started going down hill after Halo 2. Halo 3 was pretty good, but they milked it too much. Call Of Duty was also pretty good, but after they got to around the 3-4 game, the series started becoming extremely repetitive and boring. I'm sorry, but shooters need a change once in a while. You only need to make a few games. After all, they are all the same.

And if your one of those losers where you buy the game for the online play and don't even play the story line, then you have serious problems. What's the point in buying a game for online play that's exactly like the online play one the game before it? Especially when it has an amazing story line that you haven't even played yet? Which you also probably don't even plan to play... I'm sorry, but I just want to punch people like that.

But Halo is better.
One isnt better than the other...they are 2 entirly different games. they also arent equal either. both games have pros and cons and are both gloroius in thier own rights.